Skip to content

Our players and BLM

Hello all. Before you all jump in with your opinions on the issue, this is not the point of the post. I just want to know peoples thoughts on whether you think its ok if our players or any players join in on online videos in debates regarding the mentioned issue? Do you think as public figures they should or keep opinions to themselves in these sensitive times? I do not mean kneeling or wearing shirts but actual activism in any form etc and I am not starting or trying to start a debate on the issue . I want to know if you think as public figures its ok for them to express views regardless if they divide or not or of course they can as they are humans too. I ask as some jobs we may all have limit our freedoms online outside of working hours without realizing. Believe me that there is a point to my post before people attack me for possibly bringing up this issue. I will divulge in a bit. It may have been divulged before and if so i would have missed it due to all the greatness our boys delivered. Its just a discussion in regards to one of our lovely promotion winning boys.

Comments

• If this is related to Parker, it's been done to death.

If not, play on, player.

• Was not aware it had genuinly.

• Ignore all. Behind of the times. Just got caught up in our success

• I'm not sure a message board dominated by primarily white posters should be giving advice to black sportspeople on how to behave. Provided the conduct is within the law, and doesn't prevent them fulfilling their contracts to play football why should there be a problem? If the humanity of black people had been respected we wouldn't still be having this debate.

• Unless he's been at it even more this last week!

• I just saw a really good video by sa ra online debating tommy robinson about this issue and saw parker there joining in. Past few days a believe.

• @CyprusSwan said:
    I just saw a really good video by sa ra online debating tommy robinson about this issue and saw parker there joining in. Past few days a believe.

The combination of those 3 was quoted weeks back.

• I saw it was posted 22nd of july. Like i said. I am a bit slow and catch things late. Internet lags lol. No problem.

• I disagree strongly with at least one view expressed above but would think it a poor thing if a man could not say what he thought according to his own conscience (regardless of the colour of his skin).

• Are we off again on this one? Now that was a depressing thread...

• People in all walks of life are entitled to their opinions and whether they want to voice them or not. But, they have to take responsibility for what they say and deal with any fallout or repercussions that might follow.

• Please, not again.

• Done to death this subject

This discussion has been closed.