Skip to content

Comments

• Bit disappointing if this means we play the first few games behind closed doors.

• Luton, Rotherham and Coventry (or Birmingham) away while there are no crowds, please!

• The Premier League also due to start on Sept 12th while the Champions league only concluding on 23rd August and Europa League on 21st August.
    I suppose the TV schedule will feature a number of Championship games early on, probably our opener.

• Id imagine that all Championship games behind closed doors will be available on iFollow, as we've seen since the restart. So there shouldn't be a problem watching them at least...

• In the BFP, there's the suggestion that it will be down to home clubs to decide if away fans can be included, and how many.

That sounds positive. Although it really does depend on the amount of capacity allowed. As which championship clubs wouldn't be able to fill a limited amount with their own fans in an easier way?

• There's definitely part of me that hopes we can somehow accommodate, even a limited number of, away fans.
    It certainly helps with creating an atmosphere and adds to the occasion.
    It's going to be difficult with limited capacity, and there's a balance between allowing any away fans and giving all those home fans a chance to see Championship football.
    For me I hope it's not just the economics of getting as many fans in as we can - although I realise that may be what happens.

• I just look forward to the scuffles trying to get hold of away tickets if they're severely limited

• Presumably while capacity restrictions are in place, all games will be available on iFollow unless already on Sky?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Presumably while capacity restrictions are in place, all games will be available on iFollow unless already on Sky?

The club have sort of indirectly confirmed this will be the case in their amended terms. After originally wanting people to lash down almost £500 with no guarantee of a refund.

The big question, is if games are about £21 each, would season ticket holders take a £10 pass for ifollow as their compensation?

• @Malone said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Presumably while capacity restrictions are in place, all games will be available on iFollow unless already on Sky?

The club have sort of indirectly confirmed this will be the case in their amended terms. After originally wanting people to lash down almost £500 with no guarantee of a refund.

The big question, is if games are about £21 each, would season ticket holders take a £10 pass for ifollow as their compensation?

Think they confirmed you could have a pass or your money back for any games that you can't get in to.

• Hopefully all clubs in the division will see sense and agree to something like 5-10% of the tickets for any game being made available to away fans.

Even if stadiums operate at 25-50% capacity initially that would mean we get a decent allocation at most grounds. Of course, visiting teams to AP would get only a few hundred.

• I think it’s more likely that the powers that be will only let football games go ahead without away fans. Bringing travelling fans into the equation brings all sorts of unnecessary factors into play and makes a logistical problem even more awkward

• @bookertease said:
    I think it’s more likely that the powers that be will only let football games go ahead without away fans. Bringing travelling fans into the equation brings all sorts of unnecessary factors into play and makes a logistical problem even more awkward

This makes the assumption that everyone who is a "home" fan is local.

But in the BFP today they suggested that it'll be down to the home club to decide on numbers.
    You do wonder how club coaches etc would work. All fans presumably would have to make their own way. And by car too, as you don't want the trains being rammed.

• This is slightly interesting:

LEAGUE ONE

The EFL can confirm that 381 players and Club staff were tested from five League One Clubs over the course of the past week with zero individuals testing positive.

Well, okay I’d guess if you added up the squad, coaches, management and support staff we may have 40-50 peers and club staff. But 330-340 spread between 4 other clubs (one of whom is presumably Fleetwood) seems hard to work out. And who would the 5th team be?

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:
    I think it’s more likely that the powers that be will only let football games go ahead without away fans. Bringing travelling fans into the equation brings all sorts of unnecessary factors into play and makes a logistical problem even more awkward

This makes the assumption that everyone who is a "home" fan is local.

But in the BFP today they suggested that it'll be down to the home club to decide on numbers.
    You do wonder how club coaches etc would work. All fans presumably would have to make their own way. And by car too, as you don't want the trains being rammed.

As a long-distance, train travelling, ‘home’ fan I wasn’t so much thinking of that. More additional policing/stewarding likely in a lot of instances. Presumably by not permitting away fans you won’t need any police, which obviously is one less risk factor.

Of course, being a friendly Wycombe supporter I am sure all clubs in the Championship will have no concerns about letting us gentle-folk from the shires into their sanctums.

• Yes, it would definitely be easier without any.

I suppose we're all just through sheer wishful thinking hope we're allowed in as aways!

• I think you'll unfortunately find some away supporters will turn up anyway without tickets, particulzfly the likes of Millwall and Luton @Malone.

• @mooneyman said:
    I think you'll unfortunately find some away supporters will turn up anyway without tickets, particulzfly the likes of Millwall and Luton @Malone.

Won't get them very far if it's only 25% -50% or even home fans only. As presumably every game will be all ticket.

Though I suppose they can look menacing outside.

• @bookertease said:
    This is slightly interesting:

LEAGUE ONE

The EFL can confirm that 381 players and Club staff were tested from five League One Clubs over the course of the past week with zero individuals testing positive.

Well, okay I’d guess if you added up the squad, coaches, management and support staff we may have 40-50 peers and club staff. But 330-340 spread between 4 other clubs (one of whom is presumably Fleetwood) seems hard to work out. And who would the 5th team be?

It must have been Peterborough, as they deserved to be in the playoffs ahead of all of us, and also need to prepare for their revenge tour...

• Based on the below, apart from Blackburn would would think most clubs would comfortably sell up to 50% of their capacity to home fans only and STH levels alone might account for that in some cases.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-championship-club-fills-most-3830383

Not sure that’s too promising for away fans while any significant capacity restrictions are in place.

Who knows what the coming months will bring though.

• Disappointing that they are starting without fans, hopefully the October 1st date will be brought forward

• If you allow away fans in to AP that will reduce the home numbers by 500, if you take a 25% allowance, as the away end holds around 2000.

I can’t imagine 500 Wycombe season ticket holders being excluded per game Is going to go down well if there tickets are being taken by fans of Luton, Millwall etc.

Let’s keep it home fans only until the ground is fully open

• @wwfcblue said:
    If you allow away fans in to AP that will reduce the home numbers by 500, if you take a 25% allowance, as the away end holds around 2000.

I can’t imagine 500 Wycombe season ticket holders being excluded per game Is going to go down well if there tickets are being taken by fans of Luton, Millwall etc.

Let’s keep it home fans only until the ground is fully open

Bit shortsighted in my opinion, allowing a couple of hundred away fans in would add atmosphere and go towards persuading other clubs to allow our fans to support the players away.

• It would be madness to let away fans in if we are selling out our limited home capacity every game, and aren’t obligated to do so.

You saw what a small, vocal support can do for a team during our play off win. Gas and Dobbo said so themselves.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    It would be madness to let away fans in if we are selling out our limited home capacity every game, and aren’t obligated to do so.

You saw what a small, vocal support can do for a team during our play off win. Gas and Dobbo said so themselves.

You know we also have to play away?

• @StrongestTeam said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    It would be madness to let away fans in if we are selling out our limited home capacity every game, and aren’t obligated to do so.

Yes, but I see other clubs following my logic to be honest with you.

Unless clubs are mandated to allow away fans, which I would prefer, I do not think they will do it voluntarily, unless they cannot sell their limited capacity.

• It all depends on the exact rulings.

If we were allowed 2,500 in, and we have 2,500 season tickets sold, it would be pretty awkward to tell 200 they couldn't go for the token gesture of allowing away fans in.

Also, if you let 200 away fans in, you presumably have to tie up at least half of the away end to distance them.
    It's probably easier to have all areas of the ground to disperse our 2500 in.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Yes, but I see other clubs following my logic to be honest with you.

Unless clubs are mandated to allow away fans, which I would prefer, I do not think they will do it voluntarily, unless they cannot sell their limited capacity.

I’m sure any club admitting away fans would only do so on the basis that it were reciprocated. That’s why my hope is that all clubs sign up to some form of agreement to designate 5-10% of the tickets they sell for away fans.

In our case that means if stadiums are at 25% capacity we would be looking at around 2250 home and 250 away at AP. For away trips we would get in the region of 500 tickets at a 20,000 capacity stadium.

I think overall in that sort of scenario we’re net beneficiaries.

• If the decision is being made at League level I would want away fans to be allowed in, it would be a bit closer to normal. In almost every case I would rather be singing at the ground than sitting at home watching.

However the J League has socially distanced fans in games that are currently happening, with no away fans: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2020/06/12/soccer/j-league/j-league-announces-strict-virus-related-protocols-ahead-of-restart/

One way of watching the J League is here:

https://www.freesports.tv/our-sports/football/j1-league/

I have a game taped from Round 6 taped and will watch later today. If there is anything interesting to learn about attendance in the time of the coronavirus I will make a post.

As an aside "ArmChairboy Army" is an idea for a flag I wish I'd had earlier.

• @railwaysteve said:
    If the decision is being made at League level I would want away fans to be allowed in, it would be a bit closer to normal. In almost every case I would rather be singing at the ground than sitting at home watching.

However the J League has socially distanced fans in games that are currently happening, with no away fans: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2020/06/12/soccer/j-league/j-league-announces-strict-virus-related-protocols-ahead-of-restart/

One way of watching the J League is here:

https://www.freesports.tv/our-sports/football/j1-league/

I have a game taped from Round 6 taped and will watch later today. If there is anything interesting to learn about attendance in the time of the coronavirus I will make a post.

As an aside "ArmChairboy Army" is an idea for a flag I wish I'd had earlier.

I’m certainly one for making a noise at the footie, but I’m not really keen on having people a row or two away shouting and singing away without masks.

It’ll be interesting to see the final protocol for matches. I suspect it’ll be deemed ok not to wear a mask as it’s outside but am hoping they’re mandated for a few months at least.