Skip to content

Ex Wanderers players we could face next season?

Korney Hause & Ikechi Anya are two that spring to mind. Any others?

Comments

• Eze for QPR, if we're counting loanees?

Mawson for Fulham

• Kadeem Harris at Sheffield Wed.
    Jason McCarthy still at Millwall

(Anya likely to be released)

• edited July 2020

Matt (what happened to our sell-on) Philips if WBA blow it.
    Tom Heaton poss at Villa

• Matt Ingram of course
    And obscure loanee..... Cameron Dawson

• Another loanee, Marlon Pack (currently at Cardiff)

• Depending on where he ends up, Jordon Ibe?

• @DevC said:
    Matt Ingram of course
    And obscure loanee..... Cameron Dawson

Unlikely Ingram unless Hull pull off a miracle on the last day.

• Adam Smith at Bournemouth.

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    Adam Smith at Bournemouth.

Don't recognise the name.
    Youth teamer?

• @Malone said:
    Don't recognise the name.
    Youth teamer?

He was on loan from Tottenham, was only with us for a month right at the start of the 2009/10 season.

• Bit of a stretch @Malone even for someone with a half decent memory!
    Meant diddly squat to me.

• Matt Cash at Forest....I think we've mentioned him before.

• @micra said:
    Bit of a stretch @Malone even for someone with a half decent memory!
    Meant diddly squat to me.

4 appearances apparently.
    Certainly a name I'd not remembered!

• Played at Charlton away, opening game of the season.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Played at Charlton away, opening game of the season.

Spot on, and I was there!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8186068.stm

I remember a lot about that day, Duberry's "we're not here to make up the numbers" cry, us getting absolutely annihilated first half, then almost got back into it late on.

• @Malone, I too was there and remember some elements of the game - the 2 quick goals we conceded and the late come back.
    I can't remember Adam Smith at all though!
    Probably blocked from my memory along with memories of Michael Duberry performances such as the embarrassing defeat at Carrow Road a few weeks later.

• @Twizz said:
    @Malone, I too was there and remember some elements of the game - the 2 quick goals we conceded and the late come back.
    I can't remember Adam Smith at all though!
    Probably blocked from my memory along with memories of Michael Duberry performances such as the embarrassing defeat at Carrow Road a few weeks later.

It's funny the stuff you remember.

OWWSA normally start ludicrously early for their trips, but they got it massively wrong for this one, as we set off at 12pm from Adams Park, not realising there was some major event on at the 02 the same day.

We arrived at 3.05, having endured an hour of some drones in the seats behind us asking "where are we" and "London" as an ongoing joke every few mins...

• 49% possession though. We were obviously a far better team back then.

• I remember the 100% Soul owner banner making its debut at the Valley that day.
    I remember some of Sharky Hayes outriders and cohorts not being best pleased.
    It was also being proudly displayed at Adam's Park and Wembley recently.

• @Malone said:
    OWWSA normally start ludicrously early for their trips...

Try to remember that OWWSA is run by volunteers and any assistance which anyone, who feels that they know a better way to do things, might wish to offer would be welcomed.

• @Cyclops said:

@Malone said:
    OWWSA normally start ludicrously early for their trips...

Try to remember that OWWSA is run by volunteers and any assistance which anyone, who feels that they know a better way to do things, might wish to offer would be welcomed.

Yes, apologies, no disrespect to OWWSA who do a great service.

Ironically, going ludicrously early that day would have been good!

• @Malone said:

I arranged my flight back from a holiday in Spain so that I’d make the game in time, and I did so with a couple of hours to spare. Unfortunately my ticket was on the coach with @Slaphead. I ended up buying another ticket (at £25) to get in, only for the coach to turn up 5 minutes later.

• @BlueBoy said:

@Malone said:

I arranged my flight back from a holiday in Spain so that I’d make the game in time, and I did so with a couple of hours to spare. Unfortunately my ticket was on the coach with @Slaphead. I ended up buying another ticket (at £25) to get in, only for the coach to turn up 5 minutes later.

Nooo! That is beyond annoying!
    Did you mate on the coach not give you an estimate of arriving? Or did he like most of us, have no idea where the ground was?

• @Malone I was getting regular updates along the lines of ‘I’ve no idea where we are’ and ‘we’re going nowhere fast’.

Oh well, at least I got to see a very rare Zebroski masterclass.

• edited July 2020

@BlueBoy said:
    @Malone I was getting regular updates along the lines of ‘I’ve no idea where we are’ and ‘we’re going nowhere fast’.

And presumably he didn't think to sell your now useless ticket to someone on the coach who didn't have one for at least some sort of cashback?

Nearest I've had is the other way round, with me holding someone's ticket.
    Wembley for Southend, my mate coming down from miles away.
    Getting a bit twitchy that I'd be left outside hanging on to his ticket while the game started.
    Was ok luckily

• @Malone said:

@BlueBoy said:
    @Malone I was getting regular updates along the lines of ‘I’ve no idea where we are’ and ‘we’re going nowhere fast’.

And presumably he didn't think to sell your now useless ticket to someone on the coach who didn't have one for at least some sort of cashback?

Getting a bit twitchy that I'd be left outside hanging on to his ticket while the game started.
    Was ok luckily

It was all very last minute. I did stand at the ticket barrier trying to sell @BlueBoy ticket at half face value but all those I offered it to declined and bought full price tickets (or payed on gate / can’t remember which)! Don’t understand it - I was clearly no tout. Only gave it a few minutes as all the time I was missing the game!

• @Slaphead said:

@Malone said:

@BlueBoy said:

Was ok luckily

It was all very last minute. I did stand at the ticket barrier trying to sell @BlueBoy ticket at half face value but all those I offered it to declined and bought full price tickets (or payed on gate / can’t remember which)! Don’t understand it - I was clearly no tout. Only gave it a few minutes as all the time I was missing the game!

People do get oddly suspicious in that scenario.
    I was trying to explain to one particular hard of thinking bloke once that i had one spare, a pal hadn't made it,and at £10 we all won.

But after 5mins more explaining, and them not understanding that no i didn't have two..but they could buy cheap off me and still get one at the gate and sit together..i gave up

• I went to watch Everton at Goodison and was queuing at the ticket office when a guy came up to me and said I could have one off him for about a third discount. He showed me the ticket and wouldn't let go of it so I didn't let go of my money and we walked together to the gate. He kept reassuring me that everything was OK. He showed the ticket to the guy on the gate who said come in and then we each let go of the paper in our respective hands. It was only when was the other side of the turnstile I read the ticket and it was marked 'Complimentary' - a win win I guess.