Skip to content

New winger?

A few tweets have been flying around today saying we’re interested in winger Kieran Sadlier on a free transfer from Doncaster. Irish lad with an eye for goal (judging by his Wikipedia page).

Anyone know about him at all? Would be good to get a few goalscorers added to the squad for next season.

Comments

• edited July 2020

The account that tweeted that rumour gets quite a lot right, so you never know. Can play on either wing or even as a 10 - Donny's top scorer and joint top provider this season (11 goals, 6 assists). Very creative but would be coming from the most 'tiki-taka' team in the league, so would he fit our system necessarily?

• edited July 2020

Seems to have signed an 18 month deal in Dec 2018, so the being out of contract bit stacks up.

• The lure of the championship will be quite something I think.
    Getting after some of the best talent in league 1 might be a clever strategy, perhaps combined with a couple of premier league starlets.

• I'd like to think we'll bring in a few at least semi-established Champ players, but it would be very Gaz to for the potential - not quite the rough diamonds of before but ones that can still be polished up a bit.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    The account that tweeted that rumour gets quite a lot right, so you never know. Can play on either wing or even as a 10 - Donny's top scorer and joint top provider this season (11 goals, 6 assists). Very creative but would be coming from the most 'tiki-taka' team in the league, so would he fit our system necessarily?

Joe Jacobson was regarded as one of the most cultured left backs in League One until he became part of Shithouse F.C.

• Not saying it's not doable, but it might be quite a culture shock for him!

• Try and read this, imagine that he does sign with us, rub eyes in disbelief, read again and shake head.

We can’t be that type of club surely?

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/musings-from-the-south-stand-9-retained-list-reaction

I’ve seen him a couple of times this season and I can’t say he particular stood out but my Rovers ST friends rate him highly.

But most of their tiki-taki football is along the back and when they want to (surprisingly rarely from what I saw this year) they could move the ball forwards amongst themselves at pace.

• Just the 3 years later...

• More interesting haircut now.