Skip to content

Religion

Not that it really matters either way, but I hadn't realised Bayo was a religious man. I knew Alex Samuel was, and I think I read somewhere that Anthony Stewart was too (??). Am I right? Any more? Any significance whatsoever?

Comments

• I think it can only be a good thing to have players who feel that they can be so open and honest about their faith, even when it might not be the most fashionable thing to do.

More power to them, and to the welcoming and open Wycombe atmosphere.

• McCarthy for sure

• Nnandi Ofoborh and I think Nick Freeman, as well as Jason McCarthy.

Neil Harman said in an interview on Ringing The Blues (I think) that it was rare to see players being so open about such a topic in a football environment, which I think highlights the type of changing room Ainsworth runs and wanting people to be themselves. In another environment/changing room they may be less vocal about it.

• I know the club chaplain reasonably well, (our sons play for the same junior team), I believe that all the players that have a faith are mentioned above.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I know the club chaplain reasonably well, (our sons play for the same junior team), I believe that all the players that have a faith are mentioned above.

Another unsung hero at this club is Benedict the club chaplain. Does tremendous work with the players week in week out.

• I think Neil Harman and Gaz are friends at their local church too.