Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol Rovers (JPT)

Comments

• A big HONK for the lightning flashes...

• wood sellers and banton all starting

• 1-0 to Rovers

• 2-0 now Jermaine Easter scorer

• Hopefully not that many gone to watch it. Still - should be okay for the last train back

• Let them 'win' we dont want games in that joke cup

• @MightyWanderer verkackte Sauerei ist's!

• *sigh. My childhood hero scores against the club I love.

• Appreciate your conundrum @Mighty Wanderer A win could have been some small change in the AP coffers but at what cost to the squad? Hopefully this will be the only two defeat stretch this season and we'll be moving up the pyramid! That said, wouldn't mind an FA cup run if we've got the legs/loanees for it. Onwards and upwards.

• a very poor performance but glad to be out of the cup which will only cause our small squad more problems further down the line.
    I am starting to get slightly concerned that every team we play can pass the ball better than us and we are showing signs that Paul Hayes not playing is becoming a problem.
    I thought Max was excellent at times and will only get better the more he plays.

• @richmayes999 said:
    a very poor performance but glad to be out of the cup which will only cause our small squad more problems further down the line.
    I am starting to get slightly concerned that every team we play can pass the ball better than us and we are showing signs that Paul Hayes not playing is becoming a problem.
    I thought Max was excellent at times and will only get better the more he plays.

Totally agree with you , there seems to be no decent passing or any bonding between them, but what do you expect when there's so much changing around exp at the front. Thought AAH and max linked up quite well ,would like to see more passing exp to AAH as he gives but never receives. . Few players were mist last night, 5 changes was a bit risky and we paid for it. Never mind on to the next game.

• The only thing that surprised me about last night was the number of Wycombe fans, 123. This game was about as interesting and attractive as piles.

• Agreed. Real shame about saturday i reckon we would of been taking 800 plus

• There were a number of good attendances around given the competition last night, Oxford and Plymouth both had over 9000 and a number of 3000+ crowds.

• It was Oxford's cup final, though.

• It was also Swindons cup final judging by the moronic actions of about 300 of their fans down by the train station last night.

• Talking to pox ford fans today ( no choice I work in oxford) they reckon this is the best team they have had in years which is more and likely true . I did point out that they tend to start well and finish poor and that we haven't played well all season have a small squad and still above them in the league !

• with the money they have spent so they should have aswell. we have a budget that should see us finish 12th or 13th if that happens then so be it.

• Yes they wonder how they can afford roofe a quality signing by them

• he is only a young boy who wants to play football and is probably too good for this level and will move upwards in January.

• If they lose Roofe to injury or a January transfer, they'll be lucky to make the play-offs.

• and if we don't sign at least 2 players on loan we will be lucky to finish in the play offs. we need yennaris and a pacy forward soon.

• Yes we have created chances but not putting them in the net we won't get playoffs unless we improve on that.

• I agree OX66 if we don't take our chances when they come our way we will struggle ...

• hayes is massive to this football club, he is probably the biggest player we could loose and I include Ingram and Pierre in that.

• When we get Hayes and Harriman back and Woody with more game time, then we will look a different team.
    I feel we still need a couple of loan players to have any chance of a top three/play off place though.
    We really are not playing fluently at the moment and it seems we are playing much more long ball football.

• I'm genuinely concerned with our defending right now more than anything. We clearly have the players but performance wise it has been shocking. Anyone who wasn't there on Tuesday, I suggest you watch the YouTube highlights for the evidence.

Sido has had a nightmare for the last two games and Ingram spent most of the match looking visibly angry with most of the back 4.

Anyway, let's hope Gaz can sort out the issues and help them play to their full capabilities, which collectively results in a top class defence.

Not so long ago we were baffled at Cheltenham's low opinion of Sido and now we have seen him not at his best (he also had a bit of a poor patch around Portsmouth at home last season) I think we can appreciate more and more just how important Gaz's ability to get the best out of players is. It is this ability that will also decide whether or not Banton becomes legend or loser ultimately.