Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford (Play-off Final)

Comments

• @PBo said:
    "Ghislaine Maxwell - your boys took one hell of a beating"

You forgot Timmy Mallet

• Fantastic scenes. I thought Stewart had the game of his life.

• The book should be good...

• @bookertease said:
    The book should be good...

Delay the launch for an additional chapter or two

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@PBo said:
    "Ghislaine Maxwell - your boys took one hell of a beating"

You forgot Timmy Mallet

Also Richard Branson and Woody Harrelson (apparently).

• Just watched the weather. Seems to be a very dark cloud over Peterborough at the moment!

• I'd love to see one of @chairboyscentral's average position maps for this game, it took me ages to work out what was going on at right-back with Wheeler there sometimes and Grimmer there others. Eventually worked out that Grimmer was man marking Browne and was basically tied to him with a very short string. I think Grimmer and Wheeler both deserve a special mention for their performances completely nullifying Oxford's left wing. If Karl Robinson was that good a manager he'd have just swapped the wingers over.

• Was watching tonight with an arsenal fan mate. Had to explain that we aren't a business or an enterprise or whatever. We are literally just a football team from a smallish town that turned professional 30 odd years ago, based solely on selling tickets to watch us play, worked within our budget and just officially became one of the best 44 teams in the country. It's fucking massive. The quality of people that are representing us this season, from Matt Cecil and the beind the scenes guys to all the players, Dobbo and Gaz makes me so proud to be able to call myself a chairboy. You don't become a Wycombe fan because you expect to celebrate, but I have not come down off the ceiling.

• Thank you to all Wanderers. So proud of the team, the club, the fans. And it would appears that we will be getting a highest ever finish for two seasons in a row.

• To think of these lads and this manager gracing the second tier! Whatever the future holds, they will never be forgotten!

• Forgive my language. Absolutely Fiiiiiiiing Awsome. Can't sleep Won't sleep. Thank u WWFC.

• Well done, great effort and a fantastic result - really pleased for you. You've got a manager I'd give our Chairman's right arm for, and I think you'll cause more than a few surprises next season.

• I've always struggled to love Gareth as much as everyone else does. I've always found him eloquent, a maker of shrewd acquisitions and a master motivator. But try as I might, I've never quite got his brand of football. All that changed tonight. What an absolute legend of a man, he deserves all the acclamation in the world for getting us to the Championship. We played with more passion, commitment and togetherness than Oxford and we'll continue to play that way next season. And I can't wait to see Gareth continue to prove his doubters wrong again.

• M3GM3G
    edited July 2020

It's a long way from Barking to Blackburn. But we have done it. Ffs love this club. Never a dull moment. Onwards and upwards.

• What's this starting on Quest?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    What's this starting on Quest?

These blue lads look decent.

• Recording this now. Didn't dare record the live version.

• I believe the appropriate phrase is: suck it.

• Pages 20-22 of this capture the moment of the pen.

A few try and deny it's a pen - despite being the most blatant of blatant

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/13-07-20-l1-play-off-final-oufc-v-wycombe.4035/page-22

• to be fair, at least some of the PNL fans seem reasonably balanced in their views and accept that they just didn't do enough on the night

• To every Wycombe fan young and old from a Brentford fan I would like to congratulate everyone associated with Wycombe on promotion to the Championship, dreams do come true enjoy tonight - you will wake up tomorrow pinching yourselves, hopefully you will enjoy many years in the Championship, not too many as you will be dreaming of reaching the Premiership one day, big congratulations once again.

• @PBo said:
    to be fair, at least some of the PNL fans seem reasonably balanced in their views and accept that they just didn't do enough on the night

Yep, some decent fans in there, unlike pre match when it all seemed very cocky and playing us down

• Still cannot believe it !!
    Did we really do this ?
    Player of the Season ? Fucking all of them !

• That was the clearest penalty I’ve seen for a long time.

• I did enjoy this from one Ox fan. Brave facing it!

"They’re going to Millwall and Wigan. We’re going to Sunderland and Ipswich"

• @Chris said:
    That was the clearest penalty I’ve seen for a long time.

Absolutely nailed on.
    So much so, that the ref forgot it was a yellow on any day of the week at least. And I reckon some may have given a red for that as it wasn't any sort of legitimate challenge either.

• This is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the greatest evenings of my life. I love this club.

• Just unbelievable...gutted wasn’t there in person but this management team and the players just constantly overachieve. So many similarities to the early 90s but actually got over the line this time. Whatever happens from hereon-in doesn’t matter too much...we’re 46 games away from the Premier League. Supporting this club for 30+ years has been an absolute pleasure...my 7 year old son stayed up to watch and he gets it...we are so lucky xx

• @Malone said:
    I did enjoy this from one Ox fan. Brave facing it!

"They’re going to Millwall and Wigan. We’re going to Sunderland and Ipswich"

Wigan would need a miracle to stay up wouldn’t they?