Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford (Play-off Final)

Comments

• I love everybody.

• The players who did not even get on the pitch look elated. Says everything about the group!

• Oh my days !

• Believable? You bet! Incredible scenes. I am so thankful to this set of players ...

• No words coming out of my mouth, only champagne going into it

• I love you @trevor, never change.

WE’RE GOING UP!

• Stewart MOM by a mile!

• This is just madness. I cannot believe Wycombe have done this! It might only last a year and it might all be behind closed doors but this is just incredible!

I started supporting the club in 1992 when I was 9 years old. They have given me so many highs - 1993, 1994, 2001, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2018. But this is surely the most extraordinary of all!

• That season ticket seems a bargain now...

• Excuse me ... I’m just going to pop over to the Oxford forum.

• Congrats. We let you play your game.

• That’ll do.

• @GrouchyGit said:
    Congrats. We let you play your game.

sweet sweet whine (sic) from your sour grapes.

oh and

GET THE F*CK IN

• I said it on here after the semi but I think it’s worth repeating

Is there a more together team in sport currently?

• Thanks @GrouchyGit, appreciate the magnanimity.

That. Is. Mad.

Stewart’s performance was next level stuff. Literally incredible. And that post match Bayo interview was the best thing I’ve ever seen on TV.

• What are finals for? WINNING

• Its Leicester winning the Premier League

• I feel like im floating my face in a wash with tears of joy... wycombe wanderers you complete me

• Im in tears..... 25 years I've been watching this amazing club ive been dreaming

• I had no doubt we would be the best prepared team mentally for this coming out of lockdown. And we showed that across three games. We’re going up and I think we’re staying up. What a night! What a season! God I love this club.

• This isn't April 1st right?

• I see one drawback, we won’t get @oilysailor’s FA Cup poem until January.

Apart from that...

UNBELIEVABLE!

• I cried at full time. 20 years of supporting this team and I never seriously thought I'd see us play in the Championship. Thank you Gareth. Thank you Couhigs. Thank you everyone.

And thank you especially Anthony Stewart. That may be the best individual performance I've ever seen from a Wycombe player tonight.

• shame we couldn't have been there in person to celebrate just how well Oxford United did to get to the final of a major tournament

NON LEAGUE
    YOU'LL ALWAYS BE NON LEAGUE

very well done

• I fell in love with the club the first time I saw then in 1974 away at Corinthian Casuals, no matter where in the world I have been I have always kept an eye on the results and tried to see them when work and location allowed,
    I always dreamed that we would climb the ladder to the Championship and now we have.
    Truly and utterly awesome
    What a performance
    What a manager
    What a team
    What a club
    COYB

• I have never been so proud to be a Chairboy in the 46 years i've supported our club, our behaviour after the final whistle was class led by Ainsworth. This is a night i will never forget until my dying day.

• 53 years as a supporter An Amateur team on a sloping pitch playing Corinthian Casuals and now this. Is this a dream? NO !

• Amazing!

How fitting to see Anthony Stewart as MOM.

Think it tells you everything about what Ainsworth and Dobson have built at the club over the years, seeing the way Mousinho congratulated Gareth at full time.

I hope everyone involved in this achievement never forgets how special it is. So proud and pleased for everyone involved. Thank you!!!

• Especially thrilled for Jacobson - Almost the match-winning goal last time we were in a Wembley play-off. Match-winning goal this evening. What goes around comes around.

• Heroes every one.