Skip to content

26.5 hours to go - how are the nerves...?

Just over 24 hours away from arguably our biggest ever game.

12 months after the season began with only 9 players, on the day where Jason McCarthy made his last appearance for the Blues before setting off for Millwall (...) and trialists included the famous David Wates, the elusive Ben Frempah and the slightly more famous Darius Charles.

It all feels rather strange with no trains booked, no debates over people sticking to their allocated seats and the inevitable thread discussing how Chiltern Rail would manage to separate Oxford and Wycombe fans left null and void.

It's been a simply magical season whatever happens, but tomorrow could be the greatest day in the history of Wycombe Wanderers FC.

How are we all doing?

Comments

• edited July 2020

Nervous and tetchy as anything as @chairboyscentral will testify ? I keep telling myself we’ll be fine and certainly not disgraced if we get beaten.

• I haven't started drinking just yet...

• Putting champagne in fridge now so it’s nicely chilled for 9:30 tomorrow evening.

(Whiskey on standby in case of drowning sorrows)

• Fine sentiment, shit maths.....

• @DevC said:
    Fine sentiment, shit maths.....

The Peterborough approach.

• @carrickblue said:
    Putting champagne in fridge now so it’s nicely chilled for 9:30 tomorrow evening.

(Whiskey on standby in case of drowning sorrows)

Prob wont be finished by then lol

• @Onlooker said:
    Nervous and tetchy as anything as @chairboyscentral will testify ? I keep telling myself we’ll be fine and certainly not disgraced if we get beaten.

It's not quite hit me yet, tomorrow afternoon I expect.

I just really so much want us to win and avoid all that "we've had such a great season" reflection after a loss.
    We have, but let's not have the Southend feeling again, please.

• @emu80 said: Prob wont be finished by then lol

Kick off 7:30, 90 min match, 15 min half time, two lots of 7 min stoppage - yes expecting it to finish in the 90 so @DevC the maths works.

• I’m sure I’ll be gutted if we lose, but my mantra is that as long as we turn up (and the times that that’s not happened with a GA side are incredibly few and far between) then all is well.

If however it’s 0-0 on 94 minutes and Mousinho gives away a penalty neatly converted by Bayo, I will not complain.

• @PBo said:
    I’m sure I’ll be gutted if we lose, but my mantra is that as long as we turn up (and the times that that’s not happened with a GA side are incredibly few and far between) then all is well.

If however it’s 0-0 on 94 minutes and Mousinho gives away a penalty neatly converted by Bayo, I will not complain.

That would just be absolute karma wouldn't it!

• I just want us to play well and not go 2-0 down after ten minutes.

• This isn’t much fun. My problem is that I’m finding it hard to get excited for a game at Wembley I can’t go to so all I’m left with is the nerves.

Feels similar to when we played Hendon(?) in the FA Amateur Cup semi-final in the early 70’s and I couldn’t go as I had to go to a wedding.

Horrible feeling

• I'm only getting worried when other people are being positive, try and enjoy it chairtypes it's well deserved

• Nerves kicking in now

• Supposed to be working.
    Can't concentrate.
    Barely able to...

...type.

• i'm so nervous i can't eat anything, i have some Somerset farmhouse cider for the game hopefully it'll make me hungry as well as pissed.

• Their nerves will be shredded.
    Your nerves will be confetti.
    My nerves don't bear thinking about.

• Or even my nerves seem to have gone to Wembley already.

• I've barely thought about it, today it's hit me my nerves are shot!! Not sure I'll be able to watch it at this rate.... i keep telling myself its just a game but the anxiety has fully taken over?‍♂️

• Doesn't this thread need constant re-naming?

• At 2300 hrs tonight, What ever will be, Will be. COYB's

• We would be walking from Baker St to Marylebone station soon. I am imagining the scene. Flags flying and so much energy and anticipation in the steps. Trouble is the energy levels are just as high.

Just looking forward now.

• Just get on the met line mate, you get to walk up Wembley Way then as well

• Surely you'd be in the Torch by now

• Ok. It would have been the Met and Wembley Way. So much blue. I have just found my frayed nerves which left home for Wembley hours ago. Wycombe fans would have looked relaxed and cheerful, despite feeling the butterfly wings struggling to surface.

Singing will start soon.

Chairboys!

• Good segment on the ITV local news