Skip to content

Rob Dickie Oxford captain

2»

Comments

• I thought that EFL trophy games did count towards football league suspensions.

• Just how good is this chap?

• @Shev said:
    Just how good is this chap?

He’s in a very similar mould to Mawson . Oddly he hails from the same village.

• He's the best CB in the league.

• In that case...get him out of here!

• Didn't realize he was their player of the season. It seems like a lot of folks on the Oxford forum think it's all a mistake, though...

• His 5th league booking was 7th December, against Shrewsbury in match 20 - so wouldn't have had to serve a 1 game suspension for that:-

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob-dickie/leistungsdaten/spieler/257437/saison/2019/plus/1#gesamt

It's true he missed the game after the Doncaster league match in which he was booked and it was reported that this was because of the 5 bookings:-

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/october/dickie-suspended/

However, it's not consistent with the rules as per the guidance notes above where yellow cards are stated as competition specific.

Delighted if he doesn't play but I actually expect he might play. We'll see ...

• Bookings are wiped clean in the playoffs. He is not suspended.

• Good news for us then.

• It looks to me like he shouldn’t be suspended, per the EFL trophy rules:

12.1 The Competition is a ‘First Team Competitive Match’ for the purposes of the Football Association’s Regulations for Disciplinary Procedures. However, the automatic sanctions in relation to cautions and dismissals are treated separately under The FA Disciplinary procedures from other First Team matches.

So that just makes 8 yellows in the League, 2 in the FA cup, 1 in the EFL trophy and 1 in the play off semi. Unless there was another league booking that just hasn’t been reported? He was definitely suspended for the Rotherham game in October.

• This rumour seems to have created tasks for a few people and kept them busy for a while. In the current pandemic that is a good thing

• The FA website where it states he is suspended lists him as having 10 yellow cards, and also says it excludes competition specific cautions.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    This rumour seems to have created tasks for a few people and kept them busy for a while. In the current pandemic that is a good thing

Yep, and it's kept you busy making snide remarks as usual so everyone's happy

• On the subject matter of this thread, I defer to the old adage ‘Don’t worry about the opposition, let them worry about us’.

• Dickie played in the same junior team as my nephew. My brother lived over the road from John Gorman and brought Dickie to his attention. Unfortunately Reading got his signature. Went on loan to Cheltenham, we should have got him then. Will play in Championship for sure, hopefully just not for the PNL.

• Leaving Mr Dickie aside for one moment, should should suspensions be for 2 bookings in successive appearances (in same competition) rather than n bookings in x games by the club, many of which a player not have appeared in through injury or other reasons?

Perhaps moving to 2 bookings in 3 appearances after the first suspension?