Skip to content

Still more pnl 'Big Club' thinking

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/season-ticket-holders-going-to-wembley.4027/

Could be a wind up - report that Oxford are going to ask that season ticket holders be allowed to attend the Play Off final, the poster says that it was announced on Radio Oxford. Surely they would have approached Wycombe first seeing as there are two clubs involved in the game?

Comments

• Well that will be a flat no - why should they be allowed when no other team in the 91 have been ?

• Can't see it happening tbh, otherwise there would be calls to allow crowds at the PL games etc. Would love it but just don't see it happening.

• Its upto the goverment and no mass gatherings are allowed so why waste your breath or paper asking ... suits us far better than them with no crowd.
    Im assuming we would take 25,000 ish and them 40,000 under normal circumstances

• @emu80 said:
    Well that will be a flat no - why should they be allowed when no other team in the 91 have been ?

As definate as the game last night being over by 7.30?

• This crossed my mind as a possibility. The season ticket holders of both sides could easily be accommodated with ample social distancing

• I assumed it had no chance until Richie Nostradamus told us it had no chance, now we have to assume it will happen.

• Oxen: Dear FA, can we bring fans?
    FA: Is it still illegal?
    Oxen: Well yeah but we won the milk cup back in 1736

• It did cross my mind that, say, 20% of Wembley capacity could readily be accommodated, fed and watered in as much, or indeed more, safety than most “gatherings” that have been witnessed recently. Equal allocation of tickets to each club. But I don’t think it’s going to happen.

• @micra said:
    It did cross my mind that, say, 20% of Wembley capacity could readily be accommodated, fed and watered in as much, or indeed more, safety than most “gatherings” that have been witnessed recently. Equal allocation of tickets to each club. But I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Even if it was ok'd by the Government (unlikely as every sport, theatre and club would immediately expect to be able to follow) they probably wouldn't pull staffing, kit and necessary plans together in a week.

• I had in mind the vast expanse of Wembley Stadium and the scope for extreme social distancing with numbers from two small clubs (allocation of 8,000 per club?) being reasonable grounds for making next Monday a special case. I agree though that it ain’t gonna happen.

• Even if social distancing was possible inside the ground, that's a fair few thousand people all crammed onto the same train service there and back (even allowing for the fact the Oxford fans would get a 30 minute head start on the return journey as we stayed behind to celebrate).

• To be honest despite the historical context and joy that may follow, with all the faff with travelling, masks and social distancing I'm quite happy to stay at home and watch it.

• Those without tickets would also converge on Wembley and ticket touts would have a field day.

• I was thinking massive car park rather than buses and trains but organising everything at such short would almost certainly be logistically impossible. I’m with @Wendoverman on this one. [And on many others of course!]

• Imagine the horror of optimistically walking down Wembley Way to be confronted with a street trader offering a joint Wycombe / Oxford scarf.

That alone is justification enough to play the match behind closed doors.

• why is this even being discussed its would be a HUGE NO !!!!
    I don't give a fuck if Karl Robinson's mum cant attend the game ..... 50,000 people have died and its not safe to be in large groups yet and probably wont be until after Christmas.

• @drcongo said:
    I assumed it had no chance until Richie Nostradamus told us it had no chance, now we have to assume it will happen.

why do you keep calling me Richiee ????

• @emu80 Are you claiming to be a different idiot then?

• Im not claiming anything - if Im an idiot so be it I will fit in well here

• I preferred the old Richie. This reincarnation as a scruffy old bird is pathetic.

• I welcome emu's appearance on the gasroom. All part of the rich tapestry of life.

• @emu80 said:
    Im not claiming anything - if Im an idiot so be it I will fit in well here

Your unhealthy obsession with being first to post HOT REF NEWS gives you away, Richie.

• excuse my ignorance but why PNL?

• Plucky Non Leaguers.

• Ah very good

• After our promotion to the football league, we were rather patronisingly referred to as plucky non-leaguers by the pension fund embezzlers.

It seemed only fair to return the complement after they had they spent a season or two in the fifth tier.

• I understand that season ticket holders from the seats at the Bowling Alley end only will be allowed to attend

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    After our promotion to the football league, we were rather patronisingly referred to as plucky non-leaguers by the pension fund embezzlers.

It seemed only fair to return the complement after they had they spent a season or two in the fifth tier.

4 seasons in non league, as recently as a decade ago.
    Three sided ground.
    Not exactly massive attendances.

Yet they oddly call us non league and constantly mock our attendances.
    Very odd.

• Bit off topic but what's the reasoning behind us being the away team at Wembley?

• Does seem odd - we finished 3rd.