Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood (Second Leg)

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    So proud of our players. They held a good side tonight with pure guts

Oh and Fred

• Lets rest Charles !!! Fucking clueless ?

• Superb from Fred, just a brilliant way to put it beyond even Trevor doubt.

• Joey Barton has gone up in my estimation...handled himself well. What a team we have.

• Semi finals are about finding a way to win it doesn’t matter how what an unbelievable team we have. Charles an absolute rock at the back and an unbelievable goal from Fred To cap it off, bring on the final coyb

• I am so glad we did not lose the last home game at AP too. What a late rocket to cap the home season!

• A beautiful moment when the camera panned in on the 'one more game cut outs, the young lad to maccas left poor boy brought a tear to my eye makes you realise how irrelevant football is..... up the wycombe

• Having a little cry now tbh.

• Joey Barton very magnanimous there. Apart from when he said they finished 5th

• Anyone else get the feeling this might be Fred's final?

• Certainly hope so

• @OnOurWay said:
    Joey Barton very magnanimous there. Apart from when he said they finished 5th

and maybe sideways comments about how his team try to "play the right way"...

but yes, he was ok

• Thought Barton spoke really well. We didn’t seem to know how to play this leg being 4-1 up. Played too deep. In the first leg we were over them like a rash . Couldn’t do it in this leg but who gives a ..... We are in the final.

• I dont mind Joey. He knew it was done in the first leg really but his team did him.proud. Sick as a parrot at the end of the day but they'll go again.

• Not sure if anyone's watching this, but chairboys live post match special

• His post-match interview was good. But he still ended a youth player’s career by stubbing a cigar in his eye.

• Loved Bayo’s post-match interview, and interesting that he said Fred reminded him of a young version of himself.

• Immediately after the sky programme ended there was a fairy advert to the music 'don't worry about a thing'

• Anyone else have money on Fred to get a brace?

• Beers in chairboyscentral

• Hancock's HB presumably :)

• Before the final a warning to some of our more sensitive fans...the other team may try to win and in doing so attempt to nullify the threat posed by our players.

• @LX1 said:
    Immediately after the sky programme ended there was a fairy advert to the music 'don't worry about a thing'

I spotted that too. Nice trolling of any Plymouth fans who’d tuned in hoping to see us lose.

• Whatever happens in the final, Gareth Ainsworth is an absolute Wycombe legend, and this group of players' achievements will always be etched in the memory. Against all the odds, achieved with a squad togetherness that frankly will not be rivalled anywhere. SO proud

• Fair play to Fleetwood, they were very good on the night. Not a good performance from us, but defensively we were solid with Stewart and Charles outstanding. And in Onyedinma we have a real matchwiner.

Relieved and delighted to be at Wembley. What a team, what a season.

• What a game...90 minutes of nerves and then brilliance from Fred

• And an incredible team performance over two legs. Fleetwood play good football but we only conceded 2 penalties and one wonder strike from open play, oh and we scored six goals!!

• Maybe a little dose of reality tonight will be a good thing. We need to play to our strengths against an Oxford side who will try to pull us out of position with their passing. Get into their faces from the off like we did on Friday and its anyone's game.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

(ps - Fred, will you marry me?)

• Adebayo Akinfenwa's destiny will be met at Wembley next Monday. I was sitting in the Oxford end when Mousinho got him sent off. Revenge is a dish beat served cold.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Fair play to Fleetwood, they were very good on the night. Not a good performance from us, but defensively we were solid with Stewart and Charles outstanding. And in Onyedinma we have a real matchwiner.

I don’t agree that it wasn’t a good performance.

Dire to watch for sure (for the most part) but the players were playing to a game plan to stifle and frustrate...and job done.