Skip to content

Fleetwood 1-4 Wycombe Analysis/Wycombe v Fleetwood Preview

edited July 2020 in Football

Had to put this together in a bit of a hurry but thought I should do something ahead of tomorrow https://chairboyscentral.com/2020/07/05/pre-match-pondering-wycombe-v-fleetwood/

Comments

• Thanks @chairboyscentral - fascinating reading and well chosen diagrams as always.

• @railwaysteve Thanks! I wasn't expecting much as I only made a start when I saw the time this afternoon and had a moment of panic.

• Good preview even if was done in a hurry (I know the feeling) and underlines what I’ve always thought about the importance attached to possession. Cardiff in the Championship, us in League 1 and Northampton in League 2 have all enjoyed success this season despite having the lowest possession stats in our respective divisions. Let the purists sneer, let the ‘I wouldn’t want to watch that every week’ brigade have their moans; we’ll just get on with winning games.

• My kids are joking that Wycombe v forest would feature two teams who both want the other to have most of the ball.

• Thanks @chairboyscentral. Properly nervous now.

• Hats off for "breaking the chain"

Very good

• @chairboyscentral out of interest, do you favour Wycombe's current style of play, or do you like it because it brings results?

• @peterparrotface I wouldn't say I favour any style of play. So yeah, I guess it's about what brings results. There are a number of teams in this league who play 'nice' football to no real effect.

• @Forest_Blue said:
    My kids are joking that Wycombe v forest would feature two teams who both want the other to have most of the ball.

You've just reminded me of the weekend Direby result now...today of all days!! :wink:

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @peterparrotface I wouldn't say I favour any style of play. So yeah, I guess it's about what brings results. There are a number of teams in this league who play 'nice' football to no real effect.

I am a purist...I like to get three points.

• I think Gareth will start with the same II and see how it goes...but as has been mentioned who expected Nmandi starting? I know it was HD but it did look like Gareth has taken to the Paul McCArtney gravy coloured hair rinse...

• Bayo to start hopefully, he can help out at the back during the inevitable early onslaught on our goal, then score at the other end.