Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood (First Leg)

Comments

• But i love this club and it's ragtag collection of fans. I'm not sure i'd want to change a thing.

• I would definitely start bayo and Kashket to give them match time. This would pose no risk and Bayo is a great defensive asset as well

• Absolutely @floyd

"That which unites us is far less than that which divides us"

Stick that on a flag along with the Gasroom website address

• I know Lisa and admire her devotion to the club. She hardly ever misses a game home or away, she’s always one of the first to volunteer when there are jobs to be done at the ground and training ground and she’s now on the Trust board. I appreciate how frustrating it is for supporters not being able to attend and I was fortunate to be there myself, but if ever there was a deserving cause for a ticket it’s Lisa.

• @LX1 said:
    I would definitely start bayo and Kashket to give them match time. This would pose no risk and Bayo is a great defensive asset as well

I agree about Bayo at least. Having to get at us and score four goals they won't want to have to deal with the big man. I'm losing a bit of faith in Scotty K. Superior goal threat that he is...he seems to.be far less of a worry to defenders than a tricky player like Alex.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I know Lisa and admire her devotion to the club. She hardly ever misses a game home or away, she’s always one of the first to volunteer when there are jobs to be done at the ground and training ground and she’s now on the Trust board. I appreciate how frustrating it is for supporters not being able to attend and I was fortunate to be there myself, but if ever there was a deserving cause for a ticket it’s Lisa.

I feel very sorry for her getting dragged into all this. She was at the back of that photo, and clearly not the driving force behind it.

You could argue that she's been dragged unfairly into this by the person who decided to take that triumphant selfie and decided to share it with all and sundry on social media

I've also met her and she's a very nice person who doesn't deserve any abuse, not least from that utter helmet Richie

• I was amused when they said wizened gollum like Fleetwood player Whelan was an experienced 35 year old. He looked about a decade older than 33 year old jj!!

• @eric_plant that which unites us is far greater than that which divides us surely?

• I fear you may have missed my "hilarious" joke

• @eric_plant its early here, and I had the most incredible dream last night...

• I mean, I say it was a joke, but it was probably accurate

• I honestly believe that photo was taken and posted with the intention of sharing the excitement with all. I just don’t see it as some smug ‘look at us’ thing.

Worth remembering on the distancing front that there’s very little risk of spread outside either.

Personally, I didn’t feel cheated at all by watching it on the telly. Brilliant night!

• I hope the EFL take richie seriously and put all their efforts into investigating who Pete gave tickets to. This corruption in the game cannot go on. It would not happen at Luton.

• If I was Ainsworth I would play this on Mday

Allsop
    Grimmer
    Jombati
    Stewart
    Jacobson
    Gape
    Thompson
    Freeman / Ofoborh
    Smyth / Kashket
    Bayo
    Fred

I do think Charles, Bloomfield and Wheeler should be rested so that we can combat Fatigue and ensure any injuries are not picked up in the game. I think Phillips was on the bench because of the following reason: if Stewart or Charles came off injured, but if it was Sido replacing them, it could run the risk of Sido getting hurt and not fit for Mday. I think that is a reasonable explanation.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I hope the EFL take richie seriously and put all their efforts into investigating who Pete gave tickets to. This corruption in the game cannot go on. It would not happen at Luton.

Richie won't be happy with what's happening to Luton right now.

• This result does go a long way towards cementing my pick for Player of the Season: Everyone.

• @thedieharder said:
    If I was Ainsworth I would play this on Mday

Allsop
    Grimmer
    Jombati
    Stewart
    Jacobson
    Gape
    Thompson
    Freeman / Ofoborh
    Smyth / Kashket
    Bayo
    Fred

I do think Charles, Bloomfield and Wheeler should be rested so that we can combat Fatigue and ensure any injuries are not picked up in the game. I think Phillips was on the bench because of the following reason: if Stewart or Charles came off injured, but if it was Sido replacing them, it could run the risk of Sido getting hurt and not fit for Mday. I think that is a reasonable explanation.

The problem with that logic, is what if one of the starting centre backs had got injured 5mins in. You have the much weaker Phillips coming in, with Sido not even in the party.

However, Gaz is super sharp, so let's hope Sido was earmarked for Monday, and we see it out comfortably.

We can definitely rotate the front 3, and Bloomfield without any weakening.

• @thedieharder said:
    If I was Ainsworth I would play this on Mday

Allsop
    Grimmer
    Jombati
    Stewart
    Jacobson
    Gape
    Thompson
    Freeman / Ofoborh
    Smyth / Kashket
    Bayo
    Fred

Fatigue???? The players have played once in 3+ months. They are athletes. Fatigue??

• I was knackered watching my first Wycombe game since February I think we need supporter rotation !

• @emu80 said:
    She is not a director or sponsor and Im happy we won and Im not the Only one who is very angry she was able to attend !!!

Me as well..Miss bloody Wycombe!

• @emu80 said:
    She is not a director or sponsor and Im happy we won and Im not the Only one who is very angry she was able to attend !!!

She is on the board of the trust, so has every right to attend, the club had 10 places for last nights game, Trevor and Lisa represented the trust.

• There was also a special person/guest that Pete invited, Who i won't name but i feel proud that Peter would invite after what he had been through.

• Gaz looks like he's been colour treating his beautiful locks

• Is Sido out of contract this summer ? may explain his omission from the squad ?

• He gave the impression (to me at least) that this would probably be his last season. Would be sad ☹️ to see him go.

• @micra said:
    He gave the impression (to me at least) that this would probably be his last season. Would be sad ☹️ to see him go.

He was part of the new start, after almost falling into non league, we suddenly signed him, JJ, Hayes, Pierre. Superb signings, and like JJ he's been on the ride the whole way through.

Sorry to see him go, but without doubt it's the right time. He needs to find a league 2 side to play every week for. Probably at centre back now.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Is Sido out of contract this summer ? may explain his omission from the squad ?

There's plenty in that boat though aren't there?

Stewart, Bayo, possibly JJ too?

• I'm pretty sure Sido was there just in the edge of shot at the end.