Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood (First Leg)

Comments

• Sort the sound out sky you amateurs

• The definition of a rollercoaster. Brilliant display!

• Halftime stats: Fleetwood = 1 shot of any description, from a dodgy pen.
    Wycombe = 8 shots, 4 on target.

Clearly anti-football, this.

• Shame Mascoll isn't on the bench as we may just may be in a position where we can rest players if we can get a fourth.

• We should be 4 up. Can't sit back second half. Let's hammer them. We can park the bus at Adams park!!!

• Surely a 4th will be the tie over? Fleetwood are a very dirty team the challenge for the pen was disgraceful!!! We look superb

• Plus JJ’s vulnerability following the yellow card.

• No one deserves a goal more.

• Samuel doesnt score enough for me??

• Impressive fitness levels from our boys I think.

• Wonder how Rob is feeling in the USA

• You've gotta love Brownie
    "Just in case you’re not watching it but a rampant #Wycombe are social distancing the scoreline in their game against #FleetwoodTown #wwfc #EFLPlayOffs"

• Thought you only had three opportunities to make your five subs?

• And from the BBC match feed
    "Posted at 21:0521:05
    Post update
    Fleetwood 1-4 Wycombe

Second-half drinks break complete.

Alice Cooper lookalike Gareth Ainsworth is maintaining a poker face but inside I'm sure he is grinning from ear to ear with how things stand."

• Not sure Kashket is that like for like for Samuel

• Would have liked to see Fred down the middle now Kashket is on. Kashket against that cart horse centre back doesn’t seem a good matchup.

• Fleetwood...what the hell is going on? Not going to.be pretty on monday is it?

• Alsopp has got lucky with that dive. He should have claimed that. Lovely to see Madden gone though.

• great win. amazing scoreline

• BLOODY HELL LADS

• Astonishing scenes! Bring on Monday!

• What a game that was. Can’t even pick a man of the match, impeccable performance from every one of them.

• 4-1 two of their guys ruled out of the second leg including their top scorer.

Could barely have written that better.

One question of anorkaism for @chairboyscentral . I thought subs were limited to 3 occasions. Presume that's just a premier league rule?
    Thought there was a half time distinction when fleetwood did one at half time but we made our 5 over 4 goes.

• That is the greatest performance from a Wycombe side we've seen in ages. Grit and guts.

• I couldn’t imagine a better team set up to defend a three goal lead.

• @Malone Half-time doesn't count as one!

• I wonder if a keeper has ever had a worse game when saving a pen - shocking from their guy.

Brilliant from us.

• Wow, long way to go still but there will have been few better one off away performances and scores when needed. Boys ran their legs off. Ofoborh possibly unlucky Sky gave MoM to Samuel not that it matters in the grand scheme. Wonderful stuff, bring on Monday.

• Fantastic win and so proud of the team. One thing that might not be talked about as much was the teamwork in turning Fleetwood pealk Joey Barton. Plenty of chat at the right moments and two players see red.

• edited July 2020

@chairboyscentral said:
    @Malone Half-time doesn't count as one!

I'm probably mis remembering that Kaskhet and Pattison in effect came on as a double sub. Thought they were separate, but couldn't have been.