Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match day thread: Fleetwood (First Leg)

Β«13456712

Comments

  • A sight for sore eyes (the thread, not the stadium!).

  • Now that is a sight that makes me feel normal again.

  • Programme arrived yesterday. A great read. COYB !

  • Today’s the day! Enjoy everyone!

    Thank you for everyone involved at the club who have set such a brilliant tone, leading into the games. Started reading my programme last night and that along with all the other bits I’ve seen/read this week have been great.

    Hope the players relish every minute, this opportunity is reward for a fantastic season - COYB!!!

  • Can you all stop boasting about the programme, hoping my postie will bring mine soon. Seriously though we'll done to all the players, staff, owners/trust/fans for getting us into this position. The championship would be a wonderful achievement over 25 years of work not just the next week or so and to even be in with a chance is amazing.

    @wwfc_since_1993 said:
    Today’s the day! Enjoy everyone!

    Thank you for everyone involved at the club who have set such a brilliant tone, leading into the games. Started reading my programme last night and that along with all the other bits I’ve seen/read this week have been great.

    Hope the players relish every minute, this opportunity is reward for a fantastic season - COYB!!!

  • Has felt like an eternity waiting for this!

    Behind closed or not this will be exciting

  • Can't believe the day has come. Play offs are to be endured rather than enjoyed but it will be great to see this great group of players on the pitch again.
    So proud of what they have achieved this year. These games are a free hit and who knows what is possible.

    Great programme too. A difficult benchmark to hit 23 times next season.

  • I get emotional at the best of times but I find myself particularly so ahead of this match.

    Maybe it's because of the magnitude of the achievement, maybe it's because of what the whole planet continues to have to deal with, maybe it's those flags and the thoughts of those who are no longer with us, maybe it's a combination of all these things and more.

    One thing's for sure, people who dismiss football as "just a game" have no clue what they are talking about

  • edited July 2020

    Absolutely @eric_plant. Tonight, and Monday, are going to be extremely emotional, regardless of the results. Just wish i could be sharing the experience with all my Beachdean buddies.

    COME ON YOU BLUES!

  • The daily love song on Radio 2 just now was The Way We Were by Barbara Streisand which is the opening music to the Loakes Park Years Video. It's a sign ! If I hear The Wanderer on the Radio or Wild Thing today then I know the gods are wearing the quarters

  • on 6 Music yesterday, they played The Liquidator. Coincidence? Almost certainly.

    BRING ON THE WYCOMBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • As long as they don’t play Go Your Own Way.

  • My nerves are a mess. How am I supposed to concentrate on my work like this?

  • Personally I’m still not feeling it. It all feels rather surreal at the moment and it’s hard to believe or even imagine one of the most important games in our history is kicking off in a few hours.

    When I do stop and think about it my thoughts are with the players and management team. Unbelievable achievement by them all and for their sake I’d love them to take it one step further.

    As a supporter I’m still on the fence about wanting promotion this year in these uncertain times (fun as it will be to wind Peterborough fans up about it) but for the sake of our players (and manager) I would love us to.

  • I will not be opening my programme (sorry @StrongestTeam ) until just before kickoff. I know I should not wish a day away but am finding it hard to concentrate today.

  • I’m very fortunate and privileged to have a seat at the game tonight and for those of you who intend listening on BBC 3C Radio, I promise the most biased commentary of my career with the brilliant Phil adding some much needed balance. I’ve come a long way with this wonderful club since my first visit to Loakes Park in 1975, but this is a truly special moment.....COYB!

  • @glasshalffull said:
    I’m very fortunate and privileged to have a seat at the game tonight and for those of you who intend listening on BBC 3C Radio, I promise the most biased commentary of my career with the brilliant Phil adding some much needed balance. I’ve come a long way with this wonderful club since my first visit to Loakes Park in 1975, but this is a truly special moment.....COYB!

    Brilliant stuff and I don’t think many would begrudge you a seat tonight @glasshalffull

    There is a nervous tension in our house today. My daughter has already hung anything Wycombe related in the windows and has been chalk graffitiing her favourite songs on the pavement outside.

    I just want the game to start now!

  • Great piece in the programme @glasshalffull - thanks for taking the time to write it.

  • @Wendoverman said:
    I will not be opening my programme (sorry @StrongestTeam ) until just before kickoff. I know I should not wish a day away but am finding it hard to concentrate today.

    Mine has arrived @Wendoverman and very good it is too, up the Wyc!

  • It's quite funny seeing the Sunderland fans get so wound up over Luke O'Nien tweeting us good luck.

  • Ridiculous reaction from the Sunderland fans. Can't say seeing Bayo and Wheeler send supportive messages to Northampton and Exter left me in any state of fury.

  • @chairboyscentral said:
    It's quite funny seeing the Sunderland fans get so wound up over Luke O'Nien tweeting us good luck.

    To be fair...the majority are...as anyone with half a brain would be...supportive. As someone pointed out the person who originally posted his disgust is 'everything that is wrong with the modern football fan.' We used to have a few of them on here that seem to have melted away as we come to the end of yet another disastrous season 'mark my words'.

  • @StrongestTeam said:

    @Wendoverman said:
    I will not be opening my programme (sorry @StrongestTeam ) until just before kickoff. I know I should not wish a day away but am finding it hard to concentrate today.

    Mine has arrived @Wendoverman and very good it is too, up the Wyc!

    I was going to give that a thumbs up...then I saw 'up the W**'

  • Has anyone tried watching on Sky before and running a bbc radio commentary alongside? If it is more or less in sync I’d rather have 3CR as the soundtrack

  • Sky will be slightly behind

  • edited July 2020

    Come on you Chairboys! It's a 12:30pm kickoff here in Denver, so less day to get through, thankfully.

  • Must confess to being nervous (there were tears at Torquay) but what a prospect!

    Irrespectively, we finish in our highest ever league position in over 133 years.

    Come on you mighty, mighty Chairboys.

  • Nervous Chairboys wringing hands
    Seated far from empty stands
    Isolated in our homes
    Waiting for the whistle's tone

    But when the referee does blow
    The fans will yet sway to and fro
    Divided by the sea and land
    But one in spirit, clapping hands

    One collective quartered blue
    No he and she, or me and you
    Spurring on the battling boys
    With one triumphant Chairboy noise

  • Nice one, Carrots.

Sign In or Register to comment.