Skip to content

Season tickets sold

Club have just announced 1200 are sold. How many did we sell last year ? I personally don't think we will many more with just a few days left before general sale.I think more are likely to buy on the gate this year.

Comments

• Given the uncertainty about what league will be in, whether we’ll be able to actually watch football next season AND a hefty price hike I’d actually argue that 1200 sold at this stage is a pretty impressive vote of confidence. And mine will add to it sometime before 1 July. I always leave it until the last minute...

• They gave the figure somewhere around 2,400 didn't they?

The ultra keenos were always going to rush in, that's why we'd sold 600 on day 1, to 700 early the next day, and then it's naturally dropped off.

At least this way it sounds like anyone who wants one can probably get one?

• Think Malone is right with around 2400, although it sounds like they included free season tickets

• If 2,400 was the limit for a game, we'd easily fill that with game day buyers anyway, so there's no worries on any score so far.

• @Malone said:
    If 2,400 was the limit for a game, we'd easily fill that with game day buyers anyway, so there's no worries on any score so far.

Depends on how easily you find things to worry about. What if the capacity was 800?
    Which 'ultra keenos' would be getting refunds?

• Why would anyone hold off? Now that you can get a refund if you’re not able to get in there is no ‘risk’ of wasting money on a game you can’t see.

I suppose the cost will put some people off but surely only a small number?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:
    If 2,400 was the limit for a game, we'd easily fill that with game day buyers anyway, so there's no worries on any score so far.

Depends on how easily you find things to worry about. What if the capacity was 800?
    Which 'ultra keenos' would be getting refunds?

It's pretty straight forward. First come first gets in

• Some will hold off as long as, so that payment can be held off accordingly. No rush if your seats are secured until June 30th? Plenty may want to see if they will have any income after furlough?

• @Glenactico said:
    Why would anyone hold off? Now that you can get a refund if you’re not able to get in there is no ‘risk’ of wasting money on a game you can’t see.

I suppose the cost will put some people off but surely only a small number?

I bet you didn’t stay up all night the night before your essay/dissertation/report was due in either...

• For me I have holded off to see what the match day prices are.Will then decide if I will buy a season ticket. Generally miss 4 or 5 matches over Xmas and midweek. All the guys i sit with have yet to decide to buy season tickets as well.

• @bookertease said:

I bet you didn’t stay up all night the night before your essay/dissertation/report was due in either...

Safe to say some on here weren't able to attend all of the lessons/lectures :smiley:

• @Keith_Allens_Wig posted matchday prices (his understanding) on the ST Pricing thread on 22 June. (Afraid I don’t know how to copy from one thread to another.). Basically, it was decided to reduce the discount for matches missed from 7 matches to 4. That is a significant element in the overall price increase for season tickets for the coming season, the first significant for a few seasons. So, the increase in the price of matchday tickets is very small and, for anyone expecting to miss a number of matches, paying for each match may well be attractive. Against that, it is more convenient not to have to get a ticket for each game and of course having a season ticket confers benefits (eg priority in the scramble for cup tickets). And of course season ticket sales are a vital source of income during the close season at the best of times for cash flow, player budgets, maintenance of stadium etc. Financially these are very far from the best of times of course. Finally, there is an in-house interest free assisted purchase plan this year to enable payment over three months.

• Here you go:

Just watched the Chairboys Live. Rob stated that season ticket holders will be getting four games free as opposed to seven.

So working on that basis, the matchday prices for next season will be:

FRANK ADAMS
    Adult £26
    Senior £23
    Mid Adult £21
    Young Adult £20
    Junior £15
    Child £10

BEECHDEAN
    Adult £24
    Senior £21
    Mid Adult £19
    Young Adult £17
    Junior £13
    Child £6

FAMILY STAND
    Adult £20
    Senior £17
    Mid Adult £16
    Young Adult £14
    Junior £5
    Child £1

TERRACE
    Adult £18
    Senior £15
    Mid Adult £14
    Young Adult £13
    Junior £8

I think I'll just buy on the day next season. As well as 'only' getting 4 free games, the flexibility to move stands for each game would be nice.

• I’ve always moved stands on the day with a season ticket without issue in the past. Unless the couhigs clamp down on this it’s never cost me more, even when the seat is technically more expensive.

• Interesting. My seat and surrounding friends and acquaintances are sacrosanct.
    This is partly a result of having spent a quarter of a century in what is now the Frank Adams stand (was it always the FA, I can’t remember?) and also being one of the Woodland Lounge fraternity.

• Did matchday tickets get a discount if purchased before? If they were I am guessing that will stop.

Buying a season ticket makes less sense if you can prebuy at a £2 discount whilst waiting patiently for the heavily discounted half season ticket.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I’ve always moved stands on the day with a season ticket without issue in the past. Unless the couhigs clamp down on this it’s never cost me more, even when the seat is technically more expensive.

So just buy a cheapy terrace season ticket and then go and sit wherever you want with it!!??

• Would be interesting to know how common the 2 or 3 pound discount is on advanced ticket sale price in the Championship. I think we’d be in the minority if we stopped doing it while in either of the lower two divisions.

• @Alexo said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    I’ve always moved stands on the day with a season ticket without issue in the past. Unless the couhigs clamp down on this it’s never cost me more, even when the seat is technically more expensive.

So just buy a cheapy terrace season ticket and then go and sit wherever you want with it!!??

I think if I was doing it very regularly they'd probably realise I was taking the piss.

When I've asked to move once or twice a season from the terrace into the Beechdean to sit with older family members, a ticket has always been issued without question, even when I've offered to pay the difference.

• edited June 2020

@OxfordBlue said:

@Alexo said:

@OxfordBlue said:

I think if I was doing it very regularly they'd probably realise I was taking the piss.

When I've asked to move once or twice a season from the terrace into the Beechdean to sit with older family members, a ticket has always been issued without question, even when I've offered to pay the difference.

That's nice of the club and clearly your intentions in this aren't in question.

But you do wonder how many of these little arrangements go on all season that lose a few quid here and there.

@Doob said:
    Would be interesting to know how common the 2 or 3 pound discount is on advanced ticket sale price in the Championship. I think we’d be in the minority if we stopped doing it while in either of the lower two divisions.

We've binned off the early bird discount this season so who knows.

• So, if the discounts still apply, the pay on the door match ticket must be £2 more expensive than simply divided the season ticket price by 19.

Otherwise there is £46 worth of discounts being missed from the '4 free games'. This is before any 'bring a friend' deals or half season tickets historically offered during the season.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Did matchday tickets get a discount if purchased before? If they were I am guessing that will stop.

Buying a season ticket makes less sense if you can prebuy at a £2 discount whilst waiting patiently for the heavily discounted half season ticket.

Yes there was a discount of £2 last season..For Frank Adams it was £24 and on the day £26.

• So same as last season on the day?

• Sorry, this season (can’t think of 19/20 as this season). Probably same as last season (2018-19) in any case!

• @micra remembering you aren't keen on quoting.
    I think the on the day price in the Frank Adams would have to be £28 as at £26 a £2 prepay discount would take away half the four games for free saving. If you bought in advance for all 23 games you would be paying only a few pounds short of a season ticket.

• I was using the figure quoted by @Keith_Allens_Wig above ((on this page).

• the sharp rise in season ticket prices was explained to me as follows:
    £2 on the day discount has now been stopped, so added back in. Not sure if that is 192 or 232. Say £38
    7 games free is now 4 games free = £78.
    Total £116.
    Actual increase £142 from Early bird of £352 and new price of £494.
    In reality only a £26 increase or just over £1 per game. I get it but not sure I fully agree with the hike.

• @Commoner said:
    the sharp rise in season ticket prices was explained to me as follows:
    £2 on the day discount has now been stopped, so added back in. Not sure if that is 192 or 232. Say £38
    7 games free is now 4 games free = £78.
    Total £116.
    Actual increase £142 from Early bird of £352 and new price of £494.
    In reality only a £26 increase or just over £1 per game. I get it but not sure I fully agree with the hike.

They should have included that strap line in their advertising

"in reality, only a £26 increase".

Bargain!

• @micra said:
    So same as last season on the day?

I think it will be a minimum price of £26 but more likely to be more.

• "Less than a third" of the STs still left apparently.

Not sure whether to take 1,600 ish as a great amount with the uncertainty, or a statement against the prices etc?

Thoughts?