Skip to content

2020/21 kits

edited June 2020 in Football

A first, grainy glimpse of the change GK kit. Inspired by the colours of Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Comments

• Interesting! After the playoffs are over, I am very much looking forward to the full kit release...but a little worried that the American owners will have gone for something with a bit too much, shall we say..."razzmatazz". For me, it is time for a simple, sleek kit with the proper blues, but I don't think that is what we will receive.

• UP THE WYC emblazoned across it?

• edited June 2020

Worth pointing out that "the proper blues" would be these. The dark is ok, but true Cambridge Blue is horrible.

• That's interesting - I definitely thought that the true Cambridge had more blue. That is almost mixed with a sickly green!

• @Shev said:
    That's interesting - I definitely thought that the true Cambridge had more blue. That is almost mixed with a sickly green!

It's truly a disgusting shade. Seeing Tabs wearing blazers in that colour at the Boat Race or Varsity Match is utterly grim

• Evidently (per Wiki) it actually is light green. Not good. Oxford and Sky Blue quarters, anyone?

• That's the wrong Cambridge Blue @chairboyscentral, that's the one used by the egg chasers and rowers. Here is my definitive guide to the correct blues for a Wycombe shirt...

https://gasroom.org/discussion/comment/34485/#Comment_34485

• That's more like it!

• Where did the Turquoise and horizontal stripes come from?

• @Malone said:
    UP THE WYC emblazoned across it?

Yep.
    With two sown in repeat patterns:

• Light blue reversed out of the dark quarter ‘Yeh I’m a Wanderer’
    • Dark blue reverses out of the light quarter ‘World Wide Wycombe phenomena’
      Oh and the name of Robs dog in a stripe down the sleeves.