Skip to content

Bayo

Is it right that Bayo has been fined for wearing a Liverpool shirt to training!

Comments

• No, I think it is wrong.

• Very unjust.

• Eh eh kerm down.

• Wrong to fine him.

• I'm probably in the minority here then... all players support other teams, but he's currently a Wycombe player

• He knows the rules. He said in his video he was happy to pay the fine

• I latched on to the ambiguity in @yorkyblue’s question/exclamation to make a rather feeble joke.

• But, thinking about it - yes, a fine would be disproportionate. A socially distant word in the shell-like might be appropriate but surely Bayo has licence to say, wear and do what Bayo likes!

• They have a fine system for all sorts of things, let's the senior players keep everyone in line with a bit of humour thrown in rather than it being the manager all the time, Bayos was a fairly deliberate obvious paying up front, I'd guess it was a fiver or something not a weeks wages, nothing to worry about.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Eh eh kerm down.

Is that a Scouse accent @Ozzie_the_Relaxed ? I picked up a whiff of whining wining Jamie Carragher.

• Lots of sports clubs have a token fine system amongst the players. I'd guess this was part of that.

Nothing to get outraged over but this is 2020

• Imagine waking up less than a week ahead of the first play off game and wanting to wind up one of our key players because of the shirt he put on.

• I always think the fact that players (and managers) are fans of other teams must make for an interesting undercurrent. Who else do we know?

JJ = Cardiff
    GA = Blackburn
    Nick Freeman = Arsenal
    Bloomers = Ipswich

• I believe that the "fines" for minor offences are usually who buys the biscuits? Move on, nothing to see here moment.

• Grimmer: United

• Blooms is an Arsenal fan

• Scotty Kashket's a Spurs fan.

• JJ and Kashket are Spurs fans

• The "fines" system is all a bit of fun and good for team morale.

Anyone who saw Bayo's Instagram post on the subject would have seen it was all adding to the general bonhomie and "banter"

• edited June 2020

So with Bloomers/Ipwsich and JJ/Cardiff it is more of a "boyhood club" thing?

• Also, on a related note, I assume a lot of you grew up in Bucks. What was the mix of supporters like there growing up? I grew up in Hertfordshire, and the other kids at school were probably 60% Arsenal, 20% Spurs, and then Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United fans for the rest. I knew one Everton fan and that was it.

• Went to DCGS in Amersham and there was the usual mix of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans (typical teenage glory hunters) along with a fair few Liverpool fans (it was the 70's after all) but also a couple of Wycombe fans (one of our PE teachers played for Wycombe - 76-78 if I can remember rightly) plus a fair few Watford fans plus lads that followed Chesham Utd & Slough Town

• I went to RGS in the 00s/10s and there were SO MANY Gooners.

• Growing up in the 80s there were plenty of Liverpool glory hunters but also plenty of QPR, and Watford, especially out towards Amersham/Chesham way. Still the case today

• Terrible thing to do, however if he scores an hat trick on Friday I may just forgive him!

• @Erroll_Sims Who was your PE teacher who played for us?

• One of my old PE teachers also played for Wycombe... Dave Alexander, midfielder if I remember correctly

• Aah, Dave Alexander. Stocky bearded midfielder. I remember one game in East London/Essex (?Barking) when he hadn’t been playing that well but got knocked out cold in the second half and, after “treatment” with the cold sponge, played a blinder for the rest of the game.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    One of my old PE teachers also played for Wycombe... Dave Alexander, midfielder if I remember correctly

Wellesbourne legend!

• Geoff Anthony was my old PE teacher at Chesham Technical High. Wasn't he a Welsh Amateur International?