Skip to content

Non Blues related - Cheltenham fans buy cardboard cut outs for potential playoffs

https://bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/52898120

If the EFL League One vote result sends the Chairboys to the playoffs, could we do something similar to raise funds for the club if we can't be there in person?

Comments

• Could be Dev's first game in years

• I wonder how rEdandHiTeForeVer (or however he wrote it) is getting on. One of the more entertaining/unhinged opposition followers to visit the Gasroom back in the day.

• When I first read the name, I thought you'd missed out a 'W', but on reflection, the missing letter is an 'S'.

• They've been doing this in Australian Rugby League and a, er, special guest appeared at one game.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    They've been doing this in Australian Rugby League and a, er, special guest appeared at one game.

I certainly think that it would be a mark of the sincere esteem in which the great man is held if we could provide a bunch of Darragh MacAnthony cutouts to gaze upon us in the playoffs, should these come to pass.

• @PBo
    I certainly think that it would be a mark of the sincere esteem in which the great man is held if we could provide a bunch of Darragh MacAnthony cutouts to gaze upon us in the playoffs, should these come to pass.

Place them directly behind the goals - all shots guaranteed to be on target

• Haha imagine if we did that.. he would explode, but I think we would actually get a lot of credit from other clubs fans... if nothing just for the banter

• Great idea! How about the whole Peterborough team with him, with a MacAnthony speech bubble saying "See lads? I told you we would make the playoffs! No need for me to resign."

• @Shev said:
    Great idea! How about the whole Peterborough team with him, with a MacAnthony speech bubble saying "See lads? I told you we would make the playoffs! No need for me to resign."

500 Macanthonys, one dressed as Where's Wally would definitely go viral, I'm sure he'd love that

• I certainly think that it would be a mark of the sincere esteem in which the great man is held if we could provide a bunch of Darragh MacAnthony cutouts to gaze upon us in the playoffs, should these come to pass.

It's on. Can we make this happen?

• Could we get some Derek Adams-es in there as well?

• not to forget Barry Fry of course

• As you may be aware I live in Milton Keynes. Just let me know how many fake fans you want and I'll start the roundup.

• Man City are going to use plastic cut outs, evidently. No-one will notice the difference.

• Waive your refunds

Buy your season ticket as quick as you can at a huge increase to make sure you get in the ground.

Pay a fee to have a cut out of you in the ground.

Beginning to feel they'd be better off just cloning my credit card.

• Agreed, starting to get the feeling of being shafted. Have renewed but can do without the cut out and starting to have a bit of a u-turn on the refund aspect too given the hefty increases. I was open to a price increase, just not an astronomical one given the current situation.

• Will our card board cut outs leave with 10 minutes to go and the tie level ?

• edited June 2020

While on the subject of empty stadiums, I really feel it is already time to retire the use of the word "eery" to describe them in every single media report. Dip into a thesaurus, my friends!!!

• @Stewie63 said:
    Will our card board cut outs leave with 10 minutes to go and the tie level ?

Mine will move down to the corner flag for the last five minutes...

• @Wendoverman said:

@Stewie63 said:
    Will our card board cut outs leave with 10 minutes to go and the tie level ?

Mine will move down to the corner flag for the last five minutes...

Mine will be chased down Fleetwood Esplanade by the Cod Army

• edited June 2020

that's why me and me cut-out don't go away @mooneyman

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Waive your refunds

Buy your season ticket as quick as you can at a huge increase to make sure you get in the ground.

Pay a fee to have a cut out of you in the ground.

Beginning to feel they'd be better off just cloning my credit card.

You don’t have to buy everything that the club sells.

We need to make money, it makes complete sense to me to cash in on any opportunity during a time like this.

• Must admit I find it strange what some people want to buy but good luck to them. Also good luck to the people who do the research, think it's a goer and sell them. I don't pay for iFollow and would not buy anything I don't like or deem to be a waste of money, but it's no skin off my nose if other people do. If the club think some 'merch' is going to make money, unless they make purchase compulsory I cannot understand why people who have no intention of would get upset.

• Meanwhile at Fleetwood

• State of that

• Reminds me of the time I watched Malta v Croatia from the away end.

• Utterly horrifying