Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• Good point @LX1 - it is simply a case of no fans potentially favouring the better team, as it is purely about the game itself rather than any contributing atmosphere.

• I found the PNL supporter was balanced, articulate and reasonable. Are you sure he was actually a Heddington fan and not a colleague at 3CR moonlighting?

• Evening mate. I thought it was just the time of day.

• Sorry @perfidious_albion. I was responding to @LX1 of course, our nocturnal friend.

• No fans is going to be a huge boost for our players, imagine suddenly getting to play without several thousand people swearing and moaning at your every touch.

• edited June 2020

Have the club missed a massive trick by not turning the terrace and family stand in to beaches?
    Half a million crowd guaranteed

• @bluntphil and @drcongo Thanks for your help, Phil and Doc. Both links seem to work fine. I know I ought to make some attempt to drag myself into the 21st century but just can't seem to summon up the enthusiasm.

• Great episode, thanks Phil. Although now I’m much more worried about Fleetwood than I was before the podcast, and I already held them in pretty high regard!

Can’t wait for it all to begin.

• Excitedly downloading now.

• On my second listen now, you do an amazing job @bluntphil

For putting this chatroom online @drcongo and keeping it civil @Chris amongst others

You guys rock!

Nb. Have probably had a few too many ciders in preparation for tomorrow, but I really, really mean it.✌??

• That montage at the end. Perfect.

(and I still keep chuckling at the sound effect when RC mentions "listening to blutphil")

• EOSPUIL?

Would have to be in a pub with a garden I guess

• @OakwoodExile Technically I’m up for this but might be a late notice no show as baby is due later this month!

If it was in North London too, that would be easier for me. Alternatively, crack on without me and I’ll be there in spirit

• Torch at some point? (More) Congrats @bluntphil

• Final episode of the season. Thanks to all who have given RTB a listen this season...

• @bluntphil said:
    Final episode of the season. Thanks to all who have given RTB a listen this season...

Yes!!

I’ve been waiting for this to drop.

Thanks for this and all your work this season Phil, RITBs has been a real tonic.

• Not sure about oldest players but here's a list of the oldest goal scorers in the Championship since 00/01 season.

• Been so good to have such a well produced Wycombe dedicated pod this season. Thanks so much !

• @bluntphil these have been so much fun, thanks for all your work. Really hope you will be able to continue afterwards. Hope all goes well.

• This episode is a keeper, I want to download it and save it forever.

• Good listen as always, magical season @bluntphil

Must be a bit gutted that the "pissed bloke shouting in a pub for 30 seconds" podcast got the Stewart contract scoop but you've done us proud. Next season is going to be crazy.

• @StrongestTeam Not at all, it was an excellent piece of journalism from Alex. Right place, right time. If the club start making a habit of breaking news in the pub then maybe I’ll need to convince my boss to let me work from the boozer!

RTB hasn’t really been about breaking news as it was primarily a weekly round-up with in-depth features. One thing I’ve noticed in my relatively short journalism career is that clubs increasingly use their own channels to break news. This is largely due to social media plus the clubs can get the clicks and the ££.

It’s getting increasingly difficult for local media but I can safely say that the coverage of WW from a news perspective on 3CR has gone through the roof these last few seasons. Plus, there have been live commentaries for every game.

Let’s see what the future holds, but it’s a great time to be a Chairboys fan

• @bluntphil said:
    @StrongestTeam Not at all, it was an excellent piece of journalism from Alex. Right place, right time. If the club start making a habit of breaking news in the pub then maybe I’ll need to convince my boss to let me work from the boozer!

RTB hasn’t really been about breaking news as it was primarily a weekly round-up with in-depth features. One thing I’ve noticed in my relatively short journalism career is that clubs increasingly use their own channels to break news. This is largely due to social media plus the clubs can get the clicks and the ££.

It’s getting increasingly difficult for local media but I can safely say that the coverage of WW from a news perspective on 3CR has gone through the roof these last few seasons. Plus, there have been live commentaries for every game.

Let’s see what the future holds, but it’s a great time to be a Chairboys fan

Absolutely, the media team, of which you've played a big part in despite being external, have been a massive part of the spirit around the club over the last 5 years or so reinforcing Gaz and Dobbos message and ethics and encouraging the patience and support through darker times.
    RTB has been an excellent addition this season. A classier level of press box awaits in a few weeks. Enjoy.

• Phil,
    Your reporting and Podcasts have added immeasurably to my enjoyment this season. You have helped introduce non social media types (like myself) to many other outlets e.g. Oily Sailor's stats. You have interviewed all manner of people both 'historic' e.g. Keith Scott, Steve Guppy etc., to up to date e.g. today's brilliant Podcast stories. All these links have contributed to the 'Wycombe Family' feeling that is one of the major attractions of following the Blues. You, like so many of the management and team, are a credit to associate with.
    Have a relaxing summer, but please come roaring back, as soon as we are able.

• Thanks Phil. Magic Times to be a Wycombe Fan completely bonkers. Still trying to believe it. Have a great summers will be following you comentateing next season in the CHAMPIONSHIP. COYB.

• Thoroughly enjoy these podcasts. Thanks for all your efforts @bluntphil

• Ditto. The weirdest, most unbelievable, insane and downright logic-excluding season perfectly captured by your work and words that somehow captured the zeitgeist of it.

I don’t know what happens to them but I hope to be able to re-listen alongside reading Neil Harman‘s book and recall this truly magic season in my dotage.

• Thanks Phil, great work all season and the RTB podcast has topped it off...