Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• @bluntphil said:
    Has anyone got a number for Philip Don?

Mark Sale has it

• Ever thought off doing a late night one with George Borg, when everyone has put the kids to bed ?

• I'd love you to peer into the mind of Trevor Kettle.

• It's probably all furred up @LeedsBlue.

• @mooneyman said:
    It's probably all furred up @LeedsBlue.

Nice one.

• Apologies for such a scalding remark but he went off the boil years ago and my clash with him is now water under the bridge.......ok, I’ll get my coat.

• Pot black for 7 points

• Great Interview with Scotty, the mouthy Bath centre half Scooty was on about whom he called Essex, was actually Tony Ricketts, always had plenty to say, and was on the end of an horrific Challenge from Byron Walton which broke his foot or leg at Loakes Park in 86/87.
    I guess Scotty is getting mixed up with Bath and Stafford Rangers Black and White stripes.
    As Stafford had a commanding centre half called
    Steve Essex who has sadly passed away.
    Maybe Phil could drop Scotty a line to confirm it was Rickets, who looked like Jimmy Nail in his slimmer years
    Apologies for me being a saddo !!

• No apologies needed @ChasHarps. Your WWFC memories always illuminate this forum, particularly for those of us of similar vintage with a memory as reliable as an El-Abd turn.

(Been trying to locate the horrific Byron Walton tackle on Ricketts in my memory banks, but there seem to be quite a few in there...) (I did like him tho)

• The Byron Walton, Tackle was when Ricketts played for Yeovil. It was a night match in either the AC Delco or GMAC club. I was once told that Byron had poor eyesight, and that was the reason behind his 'clumsy' tackles.
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching Walton's wholehearted displays without doubt the 'hardest forward, I've seen in a Wanderers shirt.

• That Scotty interview is fantastic. Such a good guy.

• Great stuff Phil, thanks.

• Great episode. Really interesting to hear from the fans of the other clubs and it's really got me in the mood for the playoffs

• I particularly enjoyed the "and the third side ... Oxford" moment. Wry smile there.

Great stuff.

• Great stuff as always, @bluntphil.

Sounded very much to me like Jason was hopeful of a return sooner rather than later.

• That was Uri's finest ever performance. Loved it.

• Oddly enough, I find the Mexican bit a waste of time and run past it ever week to get onto something of interest!

Is that bit quirky? - definitely.
    Is that bit entertaining? - possibly
    Is that bit irritating? - possibly.

But Ringing the Blues is always worth listening to and this week's offering is again, absolutely brilliant. We are very lucky to have Phil 'on our side'.

• Funnily enough I move past the Uri bit now too. Enjoyed hearing from Macca about the mad situation he finds himself in. Furloughed by Millwall and too expensive for Wycombe. Really odd.

Also enjoy hearing fans trying to sound like pundits. The Portsmouth man was not that positive was he?

• Catchy, Slattery. Spoilt for choice.

• Hello @bluntphil I don't have a twitter account and can't seem to access by clicking on either of the links. Is there another way of accessing RTB that might work for a philistine like me?

• You're heart really goes out to Jason doesn't it? Surely he'll be back next season.

Nice to hear from some adult L1 fans too!

• LX1LX1
    edited June 2020

Another great listen Phil. I personally love Uri but that maybe because I have a mate in Mexico City right now so always laugh and send to him.

Listening to the Pompey guy I find it surprising how many people seem to have bought the 'no supporters favours away team' suggestion since the Bundesliga returned. For a start the sample size is miniscule, nowhere near enough to make any judgements (I would suggest at least a season before you could begin to make any tentative conclusions). Also it just seems to be based on 'more away teams winning than home teams', failing to take into account the relative strength of those teams. In Bundesliga II I think there have been a lot of home victories. It can't be concluded that 'no fans helps home teams' from this. From the many leagues around the World I've not seen any away improvement, but as suggested above this is irrelevant due to the small number of games played.

• Is that really an @LX1 post?

• @micra best to stay off the booze when it's this hot I find!