Skip to content

Season Ticket Info - Pricing out tomorrow

Comments

• @kiscokid said:
    I imagine we’re all agreed on a bit of a PR fail. Whether intended or not it should have been released at the same time.

And that is why it is cynical. They deliberately timed it that way to maximise the refund waivers.

Some words on why early discounts aren't applied would be useful. My guess is they are thinking the 'get in early' message is enough.

• @Mr67 said:
    Decided to bite the bullet and renew No email recd so rang the ground just now got through and the very polite guy took my name and seat details. I was all geared up to give my card details when he said someone would call me back ! Championship Aspirations and National League Admin !

What a clown - staff are on furlough and it was stated not to call the club regarding this.

• Wont bother renewing my 2 season tickets in family stand.

• 354 to 494 is a huge increase.

Big increase combined with no early bird price.
    I guess early bird couldn't work when they're limiting season tickets available.

I'll probably still pile in. It's the families with kids turning 12 who are worst stung.

• I wonder if the car park prices will increase as well.

• Been a while since I posted but this one has drawn me in.

For what its worth my feelings are pretty pragmatic. With the deal as it is and the losses incurred due to COVID the facts are quite simple. If the new owners put an additional £1 in then the trust needs to put an additional 20p in keep the shareholding the same. If we all say sod it I ain't buying a season ticket then the losses will increase and the Cohigs will be forced to put more in and therefore we will have to put more money into the Trust OR they will gain more control than they currently do.

So pay now or pay later.

• @floyd said:
    @peterparrotface anyone surprised by a price increase to be honest.

He literally stood up in a meeting and said he was going to do it before we voted

How can anyone be surprised?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Been a while since I posted but this one has drawn me in.

For what its worth my feelings are pretty pragmatic. With the deal as it is and the losses incurred due to COVID the facts are quite simple. If the new owners put an additional £1 in then the trust needs to put an additional 20p in keep the shareholding the same. If we all say sod it I ain't buying a season ticket then the losses will increase and the Cohigs will be forced to put more in and therefore we will have to put more money into the Trust OR they will gain more control than they currently do.

So pay now or pay later.

This is a worthy point.

The Couhigs time and again told us they were counting on near capacity crowds buying in to spending time and money around our the ground with improved offerings.

This simply isn’t possible now and won’t be for the foreseeable future.

They need income now and seem to have an understanding that crowds will be severely minimised next season. The only option for more income is to raise prices.

I don’t want to pay any more for my ticket but I understand the need to.

• @bookertease Have no fear of your ST not being used if you can’t make it down!
    As for the increase, did you take into account that having turned 60 you might’ve been expecting a decrease, but now you’ll have to wait until 2025!

• edited June 2020

People have mentioned the very key point about there being no guarantee you can even get into the game - and that at least you get an Ifollow pass.

But another interesting point in the email, is that while we're aiming to sell STs based on the 25% capacity idea, there's a further priority in the selling order.

Basically if capacity is instead limited to 1,000, it'll be the first 1,000 who signed up who get in.
    Imagine having bought a ticket, fans are allowed in, but you're not.
    That would make for some golden tickets - akin to those promotion sealing aways!

• @eric_plant That’s my point.

• if we are promoted then these tickets will be cheap and the club's money issues solved, if not then you have an expensive season ticket for league 1 which you may not be able to use.

• Also says the emails can take until Monday to arrive. What if 1,000 people get theirs and renew before then?

• @emu80 said:

@Mr67 said:
    Decided to bite the bullet and renew No email recd so rang the ground just now got through and the very polite guy took my name and seat details. I was all geared up to give my card details when he said someone would call me back ! Championship Aspirations and National League Admin !

What a clown - staff are on furlough and it was stated not to call the club regarding this.

The decent has started. I emailed the club today and was asked to call them. All worked well.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Also says the emails can take until Monday to arrive. What if 1,000 people get theirs and renew before then?

Genuinely, is this something you see as a selling point and a factor in renewing now? Would this factor make you renew early?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Also says the emails can take until Monday to arrive. What if 1,000 people get theirs and renew before then?

It's all about the risk.

You can't control whether games will go ahead, but you CAN control being in that first set of renewers.

If the Frank Adams price works out at £21.50 , then unless they've taken out the traditional "can miss a few and still get your value" element, than you can only imagine the matchday price will be in the £26-30 bracket!

My exile mate, and previous long term STH couldn't afford it THIS season, so at £26-30 he'd have to make it a 3-4 times a season thing I fear.

• AFCW 19/20 ST pricing: £340 on the terrace behind the goal, £475 for a seat: https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Our new price structure is now much closer to our peer group.

As discussed in other posts above, the Couhigs didn't pretend that everything would stay the same. It is a bit silly to vote through a a takeover with the ambition of reaching the Championship and then refuse to pay even League 1 prices for a ticket.

• With my son now just turned 13, my two season tickets have gone from £360 to £779 in the Frank Adam's.
    I understand the need for cash, but with no guarantee of seeing live football, I think the increase is far too excessive. I work with an american colleague, who tells me sporting events can be very expensive in the US, and it's all geared to the whole day out and matchday expeirence. I'm not sure the Couhigs fully understand that, this is not necessarily the way many people get their fix of football in the UK.
    I shall be having a long think over the next 12 days, about not renewing for the first time in many years.

• @Glenactico said:
    AFCW 19/20 ST pricing: £340 on the terrace behind the goal, £475 for a seat: https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

As discussed in other posts above, the Couhigs didn't pretend that everything would stay the same. It is a bit silly to vote through a a takeover with the ambition of reaching the Championship and then refuse to pay even League 1 prices for a ticket.

Good comparison there - the Couhigs will certainly have analysed how we sit.

Imagine paying £475 for a seat for AFC Wimbledon!

• I'm was happy to waive my Season Ticket refund for last year, but feel it should go towards the 'supporter quarter'. So if there is further money needed to support the club this will count towards the Trust's 25%. Seemed a reasonable approach to me but Trust have said it doesn't.

• @Malone said:

@Glenactico said:
    AFCW 19/20 ST pricing: £340 on the terrace behind the goal, £475 for a seat: https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Good comparison there - the Couhigs will certainly have analysed how we sit.

Imagine paying £475 for a seat for AFC Wimbledon!

It will be the new ground, won't it?

• £450 for Luton's shithole if they come down to League 1. Makes our price reasonable.

• As others have said he has been honest and clear about his strategy.

IMHO I think he overestimates the demand. I'm buying because I'm a Wycombe lunatic. But most people in Wycombe arent

• @LX1 said:
    As others have said he has been honest and clear about his strategy.

IMHO I think he overestimates the demand. I'm buying because I'm a Wycombe lunatic. But most people in Wycombe arent

Sadly I think you're right. Sustained Championship football would get the numbers up but more because locals want to see the likes of Wayne Rooney turn out for Derby.

• In fairness, I have been told that there is an option to offset the "rebate" against the cost of the new ST, if you update the interest form. That seems a bit more palatable

• @DJWYC14 said:
    In fairness, I have been told that there is an option to offset the "rebate" against the cost of the new ST, if you update the interest form. That seems a bit more palatable

I'm probably like most people in that originally i didn't for a second consider taking the rebate back.
    But having seen those prices I have to wonder a bit now.

I want that "thank you" email though...

• Yep same here.

• I agree the price seems high as its a hopefully one off big hike. If we can get to see all the games either in L1 or Championship then it's good value all things considered. Worst case is we are in L1 and can't get in until Christmas. I think that sales will be slow at least until our fate is known. It's a juggling act of course but I would rather see the start delayed until say October if that meant we could have a reasonable percentage of capacity inside the ground. I took the view that I wanted to be one of the first to get a ticket (or pass as it now seems to be known ) in case the limit is set very low (hence my phone call to the ground when my email had been sent by the club to an address I changed with them years ago.) Like everything else since March we are all trying to second guess things we took for granted once.

• Apologies if anyone's already noticed/mentioned this, and it's only conjecture on my part, but I'm wondering if the matchday prices are going to be equivalent to one nineteenth of the equivalent season ticket cost. All the season ticket prices for all areas/age groups are exactly divisible by 19, so for example, Frank Adams adult S/T is £494, therefore the matchday price MAY be £494/19 = £26. So - you could afford to miss (or not be allowed into) four games, and still break even.
    Just semi-educated guesswork really, but might be how it will work out.

• That sounds very logical.