Skip to content

Season Ticket Info - Pricing out tomorrow

Comments

• edited June 2020

Us current STHs are in quite a privileged position!

• I'm presuming that when football starts allowing fans back into grounds that it will be home fans only at all grounds?

• Did I read it correctly that crowds will be initially limited to ST holders? Sounds sensible though will make the ground very sparsely populated.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Did I read it correctly that crowds will be initially limited to ST holders? Sounds sensible though will make the ground very sparsely populated.

They said they are assuming at this point that people will need to spread out for social distancing at that it's likely to be around the same number of people allowed in as existing season ticket holders so they get first dibs. Could all change.

• edited June 2020

Will be a lot easier to spread 2,500 fans around if you can use the away end too.

Maybe 300 in the terrace, family stand and main stands, 500 in the away stand and 1100 in the Upper Frank Adams? Something like that?

I'm sure someone knows what the limits of each area are, so maybe pro rata a bit better than the above, but maybe roughly along these lines.

• I imagine they will be using the away end for home supporters to begin with and clubs will be permitted not to sell tickets to away fans.

I can’t think of many clubs that could accommodate their own average home crowd within 25% of the stadium capacity (maybe Port Vale?) and still have room for additional away support.

I guess a lot may depend on the 2m rule being relaxed or reduced to 1m.

• It's not just about being spaced out whilst watching the game though, that's relatively straightforward.

But you also need to think about getting into the ground, using the toilets getting to and from your seat/space on the terrace.

Think about what happens at the end of every game. There are bottlenecks everywhere. We are all going to need to completely change the way we have always behaved at football

• It will be a logistical nightmare trying to spread people around the ground. Presumably some will be in large family groups who can safely sit together and others will be single ST holders who will have to socially distance from their friends (to which mine will no doubt be relieved).

They could I suppose not allocate specific seats and trust us to find a suitable safe seat but that could bring its own problems

• I think that part is pretty easy. You just mark which seats are available and people are free to take those if they're not already taken

On the terrace you just mark it out with tape

• @bookertease said:
    It will be a logistical nightmare trying to spread people around the ground. Presumably some will be in large family groups who can safely sit together and others will be single ST holders who will have to socially distance from their friends (to which mine will no doubt be relieved).

They could I suppose not allocate specific seats and trust us to find a suitable safe seat but that could bring its own problems

People will just have to have the attitude that they're fortunate to be allowed in, and any quibbles about being split up, moved to a different area etc will have to be parked.

Plus potentially leave in a staggered fashion. Although as the restrictions have already relaxed a fair way, who knows how they'll sit in another 3months.

• I think we all left in staggered fashion after that Bean goal against Carlisle, didnt we.

• There will be a rush for the exits as there always is. Bicester village style.

• I'm hoping that there will be protections against fully behind closed doors games.

Was happy to give the money back to the club when this was an unforeseen circumstance, but now we know the score, I don't fancy shelling out if I'm not there.

Hopefully, by the rumoured September start date, we should have seen the back of the worst of the virus. Social distancing is vile and totally unnatural, but I think the more that we do it now, the less we will have to do it later.

• Wow. £456 for my Beachdean ST. Going to have to pass, sadly. £494 for a Frank Adam's ST. Significant increases.

• Just received an email to renew. Does anyone have last years prices?
    In my head I had it as £360 for an adult in Frank Adams. Which would be a near 40% increase?

• edited June 2020

Here is the full breakdown of prices of the 2019/20 season ticket:

Price TypeFrank Adams Stand Beechdean Stand Origin Family Stand BMI Healthcare Terrace
    Adult (26-59) Standard £396 £396 £306 £288
    Senior (60+) Standard £342 £342 £270 £252
    Young Adult (19-25) Standard £306 £306 £234 £216
    Junior (13-18) Standard £198 £198 £72 £108
    Child (12 and under) FREE FREEFREE N/A

• I've bought mine but ouch!

• Thanks onlooker, 20% rather than 40%.
    Perhaps there was an earl bird discount.
    My son has just moved into the next category so now going to be an extra £385...decisions, decisions

• That's still a big increase, even more if you take into account the waiving of the refund....wow didn't think they would go up,that much....really Rob? Hope this is not the start of things to come where everything at the ground increases by these amounts. Already seen the high prices in the shop and now this. Next beer £6 a pint? Crisps £3 per pack? Eeeek.

• Long time lurker, first time contributor. I got the early bird last year, £352 in FA. The increase is one thing, taking away the free under 12s is what’s going to cost me - £874 in total. 148% increase. The kids thing was great and I chipped in with 500 club, a tile and wherever else I could. But can’t justify that up front cost, especially. for a season that might not start with fans in the ground (followed by inevitable emails asking me to forego a refund). We’ll still make games, in whatever division, but won’t be as Season Ticket holders.

• edited June 2020

Are those terrace prices correct @Onlooker? I'm being quoted £342 for my renewal online in the system.

EDIT: My apologies - I mis-read your post and didn't realise they were 19/20 prices for comparison.

• The prices above are last season's, £342 is this season

• Terrace senior for 2020/21 is £285, good price for Championship football I'd say.

• Indeed. £494 for the FA stand. I turned 60 last autumn. Any idea what the cost for a Senior in the FA Stand is (if it’s still 60+)?

• Don’t worry found it. Lists all the prices is you press camcel

• Prices (FA upper; Lower tier; Origin; Terrace)

Adult (24-64)

£494

£456

£380

£342

Senior (65+)

£437

£399

£323

£285

Mid Adult (22-25)

£399

£361

£304

£266

Young Adult (19-21)

£380

£323

£266

£247

Junior (12-18)

£285

£247

£190

£152

Child (11 and under)

£190

£114

£19

N/A

• The T&C now include this little caveat, so no refunds if you don't get in and can't/dont watch on iFollow.

Season ticket holders who are not able to attend home matches due to full or partial stadium closures would be issued with a complimentary pass to watch that match on iFollow, valued at the regular retail price of £10 per game
    No refunds will be issued for matches played with full or partial stadium closures

• Predictably large increases especially with potentially massively reduced capacities for part or all of next season. If there's a chance of only having 2500 tickets next season, then having super cheap tickets makes little sense (if we're honest our tickets were "too cheap" last season).

I'd hope the the free / massively reduced kids tickets will return once we're beyond this crisis, but again, if we only have 2500 tickets, giving some of those away for free likely isn't feasible.

If we get to the championship I expect they'll still be amongst the cheapest going...

• Wow, 40% increase in price in FA vs last year's early bird price. That's pretty hard to take.

• By my reckoning my seat the Frank Adams has gone from just over £300 with an early bird discount to just under £500 with no guarantee you can get in ouch !