Skip to content

Ticket rebate

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/ticket-rebate-options-announced/

Wycombe Wanderers are humbled by the generosity shown by a significant number of season ticket and individual match ticket holders from the 2019/20 season, who have contacted the club to express their wish to waive any rebate or refund of their ticket due to the early cancellation of the season.

The club have taken the decision to allocate the funds from this gesture towards Gareth Ainsworth’s playing budget for the 2020/21 season, and now ask all ticket holders to choose how they would prefer to settle the balance.

If you purchased a ticket for a fixture that wasn’t fulfilled (this applies to home and away games, as all funds for away games have been held by WWFC):

There is no need to contact the club; you will receive an automated email from TicketCo in the coming days with the following options to process your refund:

• Waive the refund, with the full amount being allocated to the playing budget
  • Receive the equivalent ticket value via a gift voucher to be redeemed at WWFC fixtures next season (on any item sold via the TicketCo platform, excluding cup matches)
  • Receive a refund for half the value of the ticket, with the remaining half donated to the playing budget
  • Receive a refund for the full value of ticket (minus a small processing fee)

If you hold a season ticket (including four-game and nine-game bundles):

Click here to complete a short survey to indicate your preference from the following option:

• Waive the refund, with the full amount being allocated to the playing budget. Supporters who select this option will be contacted by the club to express our appreciation for this gesture
  • Receive 50% of a pro-rata refund for the four remaining home games which weren’t fulfilled
  • Receive a pro-rata refund for the four remaining home games which weren’t fulfilled

Chairman Rob Couhig said: “We have made no secret of the financial challenges that have been posed by the suspension of the season and the subsequent loss of revenue which continues to hinder the day-to-day operation. I learned quickly after becoming involved with the club last summer that this club has a very special group of supporters and we have been touched by the number of fans who have demonstrated their willingness to see the club ride through this storm, by waiving any refunds and asking that that money is spent on continuing the club’s forward progress on the pitch. On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to thank everyone who has pledged their support in this way. You have played a big part in helping Wycombe Wanderers through one of its toughest periods.

“Equally we understand that the pandemic has had a real impact on the lives of many people whose health and jobs have been negatively affected, and the financial burden that comes with it means that they need to recoup money that they spent on tickets for matches that sadly couldn’t take place. Our ticket office are happy to assist in arranging refunds or tickets for alternative matches in the future.

“This is an exciting time as we look ahead to the play-offs and the start of a new season, with season tickets ready to go on sale in the coming days. While it is a great shame that the 2019/20 season could not be completed in a regular fashion on the pitch, the Worldwide Wycombe Wanderers Phenomenon continues to show its strength of character and we hope to be able to open the doors to Adams Park to our fans again this autumn.”

The club would like to thank supporters in advance for their patience when claiming any refunds, due to the manual processes involved and the limited staffing numbers currently in operation at the stadium. We ask that all enquiries are sent via email to [email protected] rather than by phone.

Comments

• I would hope that all season ticket holders that can afford to do so waive any refund to help Gareth next season.

• I certainly will be, as am in a fortunate enough position to do so, but fully understand others may not

• I was very disappointed that we did not get to see this great season out live but decided the games I did see and the position we find ourselves in now are both worth the money I paid for my ST. Can you see me waiving?

• The club is welcome to my outstanding money, as well as the money for the tickets I bought for family for the Oxford game.

However, I'd hope they would be sympathetic to those of us currently suffering financially when it comes to season tickets for next season - no big price increases and the opportunity to pay in increments without it being significantly more expensive.

• I think it would have been nice to put this into a giant pot to help provide tickets for those who are unemployed come next season. But going to the playing budget is probably the next best alternative.

• Difficult times for many so no shame in requesting a refund if needed but hopefully most can write it off.

For most people it's a purchase long in the past where you got a few free ones factored in to the price anyway and allocating to the playing budget is good.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I think it would have been nice to put this into a giant pot to help provide tickets for those who are unemployed come next season. But going to the playing budget is probably the next best alternative.

Completely agree. I will waive the money I'm due as a refund but I would much prefer that to go into a fund to help fans attend games who are not able to afford it rather than into the playing budget

• I have posted many times that I will happily waive my ££s to the club. I will completely understand those who need or want to take a rebate. My problem will be next season explaining to the the lovely Mrs Fit, "just going to buy 3 season tickets for games I cant go to" Any suggestions on the best way to explain to a person that has no interest in the beautiful game the best way out of my predicament, please reply.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Difficult times for many so no shame in requesting a refund if needed but hopefully most can write it off.

For most people it's a purchase long in the past where you got a few free ones factored in to the price anyway and allocating to the playing budget is good.

This is very much my thinking too. Most of us have probably been to enough games to get our value as it is. Let alone with the excellent highs too.

• Donated back to the club, won't miss the money and couldn't bring myself to ask for a refund.

The situation isn't the club's fault, means my ST is £15 as opposed to £12, still cheaper than a matchday ticket, £17 if you book online.

• I've happily waived the refund as I'm fortunate to be able to do so. I fully understand how some fans will feel in a desperately challenging financial climate. Thank you to EVERYONE at WWFC for an unbelievable season.

• I'm troosering it laddie!

• So what is the five digit reference code?

• @Chickenhead said:
    So what is the five digit reference code?

its in tiny writing on the back of your ST bottom right hand corner...took me a while to find it as well...and then read it unaided!!

• It's not on mine. I have a seven digit code under my name and the only info at the bottom is the block I am in the row and the seat number!

• Sorry for being so dim. I had forgotten that my ticket had been replaced with a second one, and I was looking at the original. ?

• Do we definitely need the code, as a pal has mine currently. Can you do it from name etc?

• @Wendoverman said:

@Chickenhead said:
    So what is the five digit reference code?

its in tiny writing on the back of your ST bottom right hand corner...took me a while to find it as well...and then read it unaided!!

Just a tip as I suffer from the same age-related Mr Magoo eyesight. If you have one of those new-fangled smart/iPhones, take a photo of any small print and then zoom in. I use it about 5 times a day.

• @Malone you need the code to use the online form, otherwise you'll have to email the club all your details.

• @Malone said:
    Do we definitely need the code, as a pal has mine currently. Can you do it from name etc?

Obviously your mate had just picked it up after you dropped it somewhere entirely unrelated to Adams Park!!!!

• @bookertease said:

@Malone said:
    Do we definitely need the code, as a pal has mine currently. Can you do it from name etc?

Obviously your mate had just picked it up after you dropped it somewhere entirely unrelated to Adams Park!!!!

He has special technology that keeps it in mint condition for me.

• @Fit2drop said:
    I have posted many times that I will happily waive my ££s to the club. I will completely understand those who need or want to take a rebate. My problem will be next season explaining to the the lovely Mrs Fit, "just going to buy 3 season tickets for games I cant go to" Any suggestions on the best way to explain to a person that has no interest in the beautiful game the best way out of my predicament, please reply.

Do what I do, lie & pray you don't get caught out?