Skip to content

Barrow, Kings Lynn and Wealdstone promoted

Comments

• Struggling to see how six NL clubs will fund going back into training, testing and all related costs to play possibly one playoff match behind closed doors. Odd.

• the league are funding it I believe

• @DevC said:
    Struggling to see how six NL clubs will fund going back into training, testing and all related costs to play possibly one playoff match behind closed doors. Odd.

The lure of a promotion seems to outway cost. How sport really should be but I follow the point

• Outway = Exit.

• Barnet jump from 11th to the play-offs as a result of PPG. I believe Gateshead also jumped into the play-offs. I’ve just looked at the Stockport Twitter feed and themselves and their fans appear to be handling it much much better than Peterborough fans/management did. I would argue that a part time Stockport side having a chance to fight for a Football League spot is very similar to Posh going for a Championship spot, albeit on a relative scale.

• Stockport fans seem happy that Fylde look to be taking the drop back down to National League North.

• @DevC said:
    Struggling to see how six NL clubs will fund going back into training, testing and all related costs to play possibly one playoff match behind closed doors. Odd.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53027617?at_campaign=64&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom4=A1C983E0-AF2B-11EA-AFCD-9AF839982C1E&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day

This article suggests that clubs are having to fund testing. Interesting to read that Boreham Wood actually voted against the play-offs despite being in them, for this very reason.

• We’re paying to our own testing aren’t we?