Skip to content

Covid tests

four positive tests across two of the four Lg1 tests being tested. We know Oxford are one. The other could be any of the other three. So one in three chance its us.

Hard to see how they are going to play playoffs unless sustained period of negative tests at all four. perhaps money talks.

Comments

• Sorry for the pessimistic post, but my mate in Beijing says they have shut everything down again due to a 'second wave.' I say this to encourage everyone to continue social distancing etc.

• Beijing have about 200 cases - we have about 1200 a day still so I wouldnt worry !!!

• There will be a second wave but they cannot close the economy again...so it will be 'our fault' for not following the rules the government put in place (after ten weeks). Then again having seen the images of Ikea and Bicester Village you have to question good old British 'common sense'.

• @DevC said:
    four positive tests across two of the four Lg1 tests being tested. We know Oxford are one. The other could be any of the other three. So one in three chance its us.

Hard to see how they are going to play playoffs unless sustained period of negative tests at all four. perhaps money talks.

Football seems to be going ahead tonight despite positive tests. Will be interesting to see what quality level the football us at.

• @emu80 said:
    Beijing have about 200 cases - we have about 1200 a day still so I wouldnt worry !!!

I'd take what the most dishonest and untrustworthy government on the planet says with a pinch of salt.

Let's hope the misery their actions have caused the world is over sooner than later, as too many innocent people have suffered.

• Yes, our true tally is likely to be higher than 1,200/day

• @Keith_Allens_Wig said:

@emu80 said:
    Beijing have about 200 cases - we have about 1200 a day still so I wouldnt worry !!!

I'd take what the most dishonest and untrustworthy government on the planet says with a pinch of salt.

Let's hope the misery their actions have caused the world is over sooner than later, as too many innocent people have suffered.

Some would argue there are plenty of candidates for that accolade. Plenty of countries throwing stones at China to cover their own failings.

• well this is totally wrong, the Oxford ones were in tests last week and Portsmouth have declared its not them this time so leave the other 3 clubs !!!

@DevC said:

• @Keith_Allens_Wig said:

@emu80 said:

Right out of the Donald Trump "let's blame the Chinese" handbook this. Terrible post.

• @emu80 said:

well this is totally wrong, the Oxford ones were in tests last week and Portsmouth have declared its not them this time so leave the other 3 clubs !!!

@DevC said:

Last week's EFL statement only reported 2 so either Pompey's or Oxford's are in this week's. My guess is Oxford given that their's were later and Pompey have said that they had none this week

• These 4 today are not including last weeks Oxford players or staff !!!

• @emu80 Can you verify that please as you had previously stated that the Oxford 2 were staff not players and these new 4 come after last week's EFL statement of 2 players testing positive.

• God u must be thick !!! The players are tested twice a week and the 4 come from Oxford, us or Fleetwood.

• @emu80 said:
    God u must be thick !!! The players are tested twice a week and the 4 come from Oxford, us or Fleetwood.

Why did you sign up and then not post for years? Why come back now and abuse people?

• edited June 2020

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@emu80 said:
    God u must be thick !!! The players are tested twice a week and the 4 come from Oxford, us or Fleetwood.

Why did you sign up and then not post for years? Why come back now and abuse people?

He signed up June THE 13th, not June 2013 :)

If in any doubt, check your page - February 2015 (not February 15)

• @Malone said:

@emu80 said:

Ah ok. I'm with it now. He signed up to mske some accusations and thought he'd hang around and call others thick. Good addition to the debate

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

@emu80 said:

Ah ok. I'm with it now. He signed up to mske some accusations and thought he'd hang around and call others thick. Good addition to the debate

Oh yes, still a horrific contribution, but less deviant than coming back 7 years on to do the same :neutral:

• I appreciate that I’m thick but this article seems to suggest that it was 4 in the past week including 2 from Oxford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53081102

• edited June 2020

Thanks for the concern all, it is appreciated, but I am old enough and ugly enough to deal with some low level abuse from an over sized Australian bird

• Emu80 is also a profile on Tripadvisor for a person from Bristol

• Speaking of Covid tests, if anyone wants to see how they do them for sportspeople, look at Ian Poulter's Twitter (warning: not for the squeamish).

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Speaking of Covid tests, if anyone wants to see how they do them for sportspeople, look at Ian Poulter's Twitter (warning: not for the squeamish).

Sometimes i think you spend too much time sniffing around the net :D

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Speaking of Covid tests, if anyone wants to see how they do them for sportspeople, look at Ian Poulter's Twitter (warning: not for the squeamish).

That’s how the tests are supposed to be done (my partner works for NHS and shared her experience of being tested) - both nostrils plus throat swab so far back it makes you gag.

Now where’s the home test kit so I can do it properly..........

Anyone believe the daily test figures?

• @emu80 said:

This posting style is very familiar...now who does it remind me of? Hmmmm...

• love a good conspiracy theory

• @Wendoverman said:

@emu80 said:

I'm thinking along the same lines. So, if previous patterns carry on, he'll deny for a bit, try to distract and then melt down in a massive rant and get banned. Could get me through the next couple of weeks.

• About time for him to be sharing inside information that we've signed a new keeper for the playoffs I'd have thought

• @emu80 said:

@Wendoverman said:

@emu80 said:

Could be that Richie has made a mid life career change from being a club shop manager to working in a zoo hence the change of name!

• @carrickblue said:

@chairboyscentral said:

That’s how the tests are supposed to be done (my partner works for NHS and shared her experience of being tested) - both nostrils plus throat swab so far back it makes you gag.

Now where’s the home test kit so I can do it properly..........

Anyone believe the daily test figures?

My daughter's been done and my Mum is presently in hospital (unconnected to Covid thank goodness) and has had it done...neither wants a repeat. Looking at the footage of people having them done on the telly just leaning in to people in cars, I'm not sure I would necessarily trust the result of those tests myself!