Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• a 1-0 home win for me.

• Any win will do but, uncharacteristically, I'll have a stab at 2-1 with Luke O'Nien on the scoresheet.

• 2-0 Wycombe.

• I'm with Bill - 2-0, time for another Tommo penalty I think.

• 4-2, one for o'nien and harriman, two for thommo

• Team is up. 4-3-3. Ingram, Harriman , JJ, Sido, Pierre, Bean , McGinn, Onien, Thompson Holloway Ugwu.

• Not that we ever worry about the opposition but no Barry Corr tonight.

• Fairly piss poor first half.

• edited September 2015

Unfortunately our strikers are laying the balls for our mid fielders to try and score and not the other way round.

Thus to top it all off. "Fairly piss poor penalty", to say the least.

Harrrrrriiimannn from Right back. 1 - 0

• A good result but a very poor performance. The first half was terrible. However, we are top of the league so we must be doing something right. I hope Harriman is fit for Saturday as he looked our best player by a country mile.

• O'Nien and Harriman very good today. Strikers looked second best today a bit slow to the ball and lacked sharpness in and around the area. Nice to see Mr Mawson in attendance tonight

• Ugwu was brave for the penalty. Otherwise I didn't think he or Holloway showed much.

• It was nothing spectacular but I certainly don't think any of it was piss poor . They had one shot on target and didn't really trouble us with or without 11 men .

• Sign of a good team is winning when not playing well. We will get better once wood and Hayes back, is there any idea on when that is likely to be?

• Wood was on the bench tonight

• No he wasn't Mr Bourne

• he warmed up but wasn't named

• Great teamwork Lads, keep it up

• Harriman was superb tonight. Don't remember him standing out as much as this in his previous spell for us. From what I remember, he hardly ever got into such advanced positions.

• I wasn't there, was the penalty that bad? We've been spoiled with quality penalty takers in recent seasons, Rendell was not great from open play but deadly for pens, and Hayes is no slouch on the pen front.

• There was a long delay before taking it - I don't know if that had an effect, but Thommo's body language didn't look quite right to me as he ran up to take it. Was a very weak shot, and the goalie guessed right.

• Bobby Davro was at the game, celeb watchers.

• 'Piss poor' is probably a bit harsh but it wasn't exactly a performance that will live long in the memory... We did what we needed to tonight without ever really turning on the style.

I thought Harriman and O'Nien were the standouts tonight. What a player Luke is becoming - every game he's filling Josh Scowen's boots that little bit more. What a challenge that was that he made right at the death, and it was great to see so many of his teammates giving him a slap on the back for it - they really are such a tight unit.

On the downside I felt Amadi-Holloway had a quiet game - hopefully just down to lack of game time rather than playing through an injury. I was really hoping that he'd be a massive force for us this season but it hasn't quite worked out for him yet. Fingers crossed he stays fit now and gets back to the level he was at towards the end of last season.

And can anyone explain what McGinn brings to the team? I have yet to be impressed with him and tonight I felt he was completely anonymous.

Still, despite that, another 3 points and "We're Wycombe Wanderers, we're top of the league..."

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    Ugwu was brave for the penalty. Otherwise I didn't think he or Holloway showed much.

Thought Holloway made some great passes tbh.

• A win is a win even if it's ugly like tonight....

Say we are top of the league etc......

• edited September 2015

Imagine this thread if we lost few more, we are a hard bunch to please, such high standards, we are now accustom too. Thanks lads/GA.

• Against 11 men, it's key just to get the win.

Slightly disappointed with how we retreated after the goal, felt we could have had a few more.

He hustled and bustled around, but Ugwu lacks so much actual goal-threat it's ridiculous.