Skip to content

Play-Off Squad

2»

Comments

• @Chris said:
    Given the massive importance of these playoffs games (financially as well as in general) it seems strange that we wouldn’t pay for a few more weeks of McCarthy. Unless he wasn’t fit, maybe?

It might have taken 15-20k or so, covering 5-6weeks. Which would be a really expensive fee if we can get through without him.

• Exactly, and we might not win even with him

Rob Couhig said the play offs are already costing is up to £150k

• Out of interest, does that cost take TV revenues into account?

• I think it would be different if it was a striker that had been banging then in. Given that Grimmer is back I understand the decision.

• @YorkExile said:
    Out of interest, does that cost take TV revenues into account?

TV revenue is shared out amongst all clubs, not just the play off participants

• Have heard that TV revenue will be c£20k

• I’d go Alex S and Scotty K up front for the away leg to press and maybe nick one on the break.
    Then Bayo and Smyth for the home leg.
    I’m going 0-0 at Highbury, 2-0 at home (only so I can cope with the last 7 mins of injury time).
    Rather play Pompey in the final as well, the PNL being our nemesis.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Paul, Nnamdi, Giles and Stocko have all officially been extended. https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/loan-stars-available-for-play-offs/

Not going to the play off coverage thread?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Paul, Nnamdi, Giles and Stocko have all officially been extended. https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/loan-stars-available-for-play-offs/

Not going to the play off coverage thread?

?‍♂️

• I'm not sure CMS is eligible for the play-offs. His loan was meant to last until the end of the season, which we're obviously not technically at. Oxford have a player in the same boat and he's not eligible.

• Still a great, experienced, committed professional to have around the place at this time, though

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Still a great, experienced, committed professional to have around the place at this time, though

Absolutely, I just had this image in my head of him scoring a dramatic late winner at Wembley. I'm gonna try and find out for sure.

• He's won the League One play-offs before as well, scored in every game.

• I was in Aldi yesterday (Desborough not loudwater) all suitably masked up and socially distancing when I hear a couple of yoots approaching behind me in the aisle. They come past me almost brushing past, I was about to give it it the obligatory "2m mate!" When I realise it was one of our players. Not going to say who but was not socially distancing and not masked etc. A bit worrying really to see before we head to the playoffs.

• It's not right, but social distancing went out the window weeks ago as far as I can tell. I just get in and out of the shop as quick as I can now.

• I agree it seems to have gone from people's minds but I'd have thought a player with the play offs coming might take some precautions.....I was just a little surprised.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    I agree it seems to have gone from people's minds but I'd have thought a player with the play offs coming might take some precautions.....I was just a little surprised.

Any of these on the protests at the weekend?

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    I agree it seems to have gone from people's minds but I'd have thought a player with the play offs coming might take some precautions.....I was just a little surprised.

Don’t you remember the news from the PNL forum? Gaz is sending out our players to get CV19 so we cheat our way to automatic promotion... ;)

• This is why CMS can't play.

• Do play-off games count as League matches though?

• I see its Gaz's cunning plan..... I just thought it was a non too bright footballer.....mind You there are some interesting things in the random crap aisle at Aldi so I can see why he might be there. I just go for the cheap beer!

• Oi Ozzie, I have had some good purchases out of that "random crap aisle" as you call it!Only this week I managed a cycling top for £6.99 that was advertised on Decathlon website for £29.99. 3 x Solar lights for the garden £6.99 each, two plastic small trees @£19.99, that were £40 each elsewhere. Good plastic as well, as I usually am the kiss of death for anything planted! 3 x 2 spiral metal plant supports @ £2.99. A box of small metal files for £6.99. Stopped short of buying a battery operated chainsaw, only because I have an electric one! It's the only way my wife can get me to accompany her to the weekly food shop.

• Wasn't knocking the random crap aisle, after loading up,with beer I always go for a peruse. Bought a large planter last week and thinking of splashing out on the mini incinerator and some wd40.

• You can never have enough wd40. Fixes almost anything. And is handy if you run out of that beer.

• @LX1 said:
    You can never have enough wd40. Fixes almost anything. And is handy if you run out of that beer.

If it needs releasing WD40 If it needs fixing gaffer tape
    A basic rule of life

• As far as the squad, I can't see Blooms being dropped for the first game, especially with his renowned fitness levels.

• edited June 2020

@Shev said:
    As far as the squad, I can't see Blooms being dropped for the first game, especially with his renowned fitness levels.

Bloomers does well, but will he get in ahead of one of Thompson, Gape, Wheeler, or another striker option?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Stopped short of buying a battery operated chainsaw, only because I have an electric one! It's the only way my wife can get me to accompany her to the weekly food shop.

That does conjure up the image of Mrs @EwanHoosaami threatening you with a chainsaw (which to be fair is probably what it would take to get me to go clothes shopping with mine)

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:
    As far as the squad, I can't see Blooms being dropped for the first game, especially with his renowned fitness levels.

Bloomers does well, but will he get in ahead of one of Thompson, Gape, Wheeler, or another striker option?

I think he will start with Gape and Thompson. I am guessing Fred, Bayo and Wheeler as forwards, with Smyth and Freeman coming on after the Fleetwood defence is ragged.