Skip to content

HISTORY IS MADE!

Comments

• @Doob said:
    It’s £33.99 for a month, or £9.99 for a day pass.
    https://www.nowtv.com/watch-sky-sports-online#ib-section-section-2

As I said earlier you can get it for a third of that with Tesco Clubcard vouchers - and two can watch on the one account even from different properties

• @Shev you can probably do a 30 day free trial, that’s what I’m going to look for.

• Thanks again @floyd!

• @carrickblue said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:
    15 I think.
    Hi @Malone. Hope you and yours are well.

Oldest son you are correct. Shocking maths. Even more of a bargain!

Possibly than 15 if you include any Premiership and championship fixtures. (If you count Premiership as real football before anyone shouts)

Possibly more than 15?
    Premiership fixtures cannot count as real football (he shouted!) because it is rugby. The Premier League is the top tier of Association Football.
    Oh god @micra’s back.

• @carrickblue said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:
    15 I think.
    Hi @Malone. Hope you and yours are well.

Oldest son you are correct. Shocking maths. Even more of a bargain!

Possibly than 15 if you include any Premiership and championship fixtures. (If you count Premiership as real football before anyone shouts)

Even better point.

Even for £34 that @doob points out, that's probably the first time ever I'll consider paying for sky.

@YorkExile intrigued where you got £20 from?

• @carrickblue said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    If you know someone with a sky subscription, you can install sky go on a laptop if they’re willing to share their password.

Two simultaneous streams on NowTV on one account too

So a month deal.
    Club card reduction.
    Team up with a pal.

Lovely.

• @Malone said:

Team up with a pal family member.

• @Malone hmmm, I saw it quoted in a few places, but upon closer inspection it looks as though there's a deal whereby you can get 3 months for £20 a month (£20 for three months if it is compatible with Clubcard vouchers!). Alternatively, there are third parties selling NOW TV smart sticks with a month Sky Sports pass starting at £20, e.g. B&M.

• Premiership fixtures cannot count as real football (he shouted!) because it is rugby. The Premier League is the top tier of Association Football.
    Oh god @micra’s back.

@micra - isn’t it “Rugby Football” as opposed to Association Football so technically I could have been correct.

• @floyd just found League Two playoffs. If this site is correct, they will be on ESPN+ but also iFollow! So I assume L1 will be the same.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/england/league-two

• Top work @shev!

• Cheers @floyd! This has me wondering - will there be commentary? @bluntphil - do you happen to know yet if you will be there?

• @Shev BBC have access to the games and I'm hoping to be there for both legs and the final if we make it.

• Happy to co commentate if needed

• I can carry your microphone.

• @drcongo said:
    I can carry your microphone.

Those microphones are heavy - probably needs two...

• Cheers @bluntphil! Looks like you have a socially distanced entourage sorted!

• @bluntphil I can make very 'special' coffee

• If it's the coffee that keeps you up posting at 3.30am then I'm am very interested.

• @drcongo said:
    I can carry your microphone.

You haven't seen the size of his microphone

• I'll be bringing along some nice carrot soup.

It's forecast to be chilly in the gantry even at 2 metres apart which I promise to observe,

subject, that is, to a late-goal thriller...

Just wanted to type about Wycombe in the league 1 play-offs, there now, I've done it.

Seems like a long way from Torquay.

Compliments of the season to you, Dr. Congo and to all fellow Gasroomers.

• This is bubbling up nicely...excitement building for the play offs now the dates are announced

• I am trying to figure out if I can disguise myself as a cardboard cutout to mail across to Fleetwood...

• It’s going to be strange having our smallest league attendance for our most important home league game in our history.

So few will be able to say ‘I was there’.

• Shame we both play in front of such small crowds that there might not be much 'advantage' to playing BCD.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Shame we both play in front of such small crowds that there might not be much 'advantage' to playing BCD.

Trying to work out the joke. 'Such small crowds'?
    Don't get it

• edited June 2020

We both have among the lowest attendances in the league, whereas Pompey - in theory - will suffer more from lack of fans. Although in the grand scheme of things I guess it won't make a massive difference. Fleetwood actually get even less than I thought, barely over 3,000.

In other words, won't it be less soulless to play in our cosy ground than an empty Fratton Park? Was gonna also mention Oxford, but they only average about 7,500.

• edited June 2020

He's clearly not been on the likes of the Oxford forum, who repeatedly bang on about how poxy our crowds are! Seemingly forgetting they are less than Old Trafford themselves, with their pitiful 3 stands.

With these upcoming games, I have the image of a Checkatrade esque atmosphere. Let's hope it's a better performance than this year's games in that cup!

• I assume Gaz's team talk won't be "Imagine it's the Checkatrade, lads".

• Wasn't a centimetre spare on the terrace for the Plymouth semi final home leg. Absolutely brilliant night all round as I remember. They got a late goal or two at the end of the away game and of course assumed they just had to turn up here and turn us over. Singing their stupid song back at them and on the pitch after, brilliant night.