Skip to content

Chairboys Live with Rob, Missy and Pete

2»

Comments

• The rugby team have always been referred to as Wyc or Wycs haven't they?

• @LeedsBlue said:
    By the way, much as I absolutely love Pete Couhig, "up the Wyc" is a new one on me... Call me an old traditionalist, but "come on you blues" has always been my default phrase.

Perhaps he means Wick Academy F C in the Scottish Highland League

• @eric_plant said:
    The rugby team have always been referred to as Wyc or Wycs haven't they?

I thought they were known as the PDCB !!

• I would imagine if they sell 2,000 season tickets if they work on the reduced capacity those will be the people getting in...or am I missing something. I will be buying (I think depending on how drunk I am when the prices come out) for the same reasons as above.
    (Might I suggest some sort of food tokens...say crisps for every one signing up?)

• @Wendoverman said:
    I would imagine if they sell 2,000 season tickets if they work on the reduced capacity those will be the people getting in...or am I missing something. I will be buying (I think depending on how drunk I am when the prices come out) for the same reasons as above.
    (Might I suggest some sort of food tokens...say crisps for every one signing up?)

I'm in, cheese & onion for me please.

• I'd prefer tokens for Nobby's nuts!

• I'd love to get a ST - had one for almost 30 years - but having lost my job due to coronavirus, not sure I could justify the expense right now.

• @mooneyman said:
    I'd prefer tokens for Nobby's nuts!

You sure Nobby won't mind, could be painful experience for at least one of you?

• Well I will have a look down the back of the sofa for season ticket money. I'm in.

• Is it better to donate the value of a season ticket if you don’t/can’t actually use it? VAT has to be paid on ticket sales but not on donations so the club retains more

• Do they have a mechanism for receiving donations?

• I'm not donating I demand high quality footballing entertainment for my money as usual or there's other places I can spend it!

• @carrickblue said:
    Is it better to donate the value of a season ticket if you don’t/can’t actually use it? VAT has to be paid on ticket sales but not on donations so the club retains more

The number of season ticket holders are a major driver in sponsorship deals. I quite like the idea of helping fund a ticket for someone who can't afford it after the events of the few months.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I'd love to get a ST - had one for almost 30 years - but having lost my job due to coronavirus, not sure I could justify the expense right now.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you’ll be sorted in time for when we can all physically attend. I wonder if the club will be more imaginative with options in the current climate. Perhaps Half Season tickets of 10-12 games throughout the season.

• I was thinking the same. @MindlessDrugHoover your post above made me wonder whether the club could create a scheme for ST buyers to donate an amount above the cost of their own ST which could then go into a pot to fund season tickets for fans who have lost their income and can't afford one. I think it could be a great show of solidarity among our fanbase.

• I think that's a great idea. I'd be happy to donate to a fund which helped unemployed fans buy season tickets, or tickets to individual matches

I also think the club should help by offering discounts for fans who are unemployed

• I would donate to that too.

• Count me in, too. I guess it would need some way of checking that no one abused the gesture but still a great idea. It’s really pleasing to see so many posters willing to help others and, indeed, the club in their hour of need.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    I was thinking the same. @MindlessDrugHoover your post above made me wonder whether the club could create a scheme for ST buyers to donate an amount above the cost of their own ST which could then go into a pot to fund season tickets for fans who have lost their income and can't afford one. I think it could be a great show of solidarity among our fanbase.

Good call. Good Lady Teacher Her Indoors and I have the season ticket money ready to go so will be buying ASAP. A donation over and above can be made. I hope we get same seats and are just asked to spread out a bit more in roughy the same area until normality returns, assuming a 25% capacity approach is allowed. If not, still happy to get them now as long as I don’t have to shout Up the Wyc.

• I think a fund for unemployed supporters to get STs / match tickets would be a great idea. I know how lucky I am to have plenty of work at this time and would be delighted to chip in. Would be good if the club could make a gesture too in terms of a price reduction for unemployed supporters.

Without getting into a huge debate about how people prove their past support, I'd think something along the lines of previous ticket purchases plus proof of unemployment could be possible? Greater minds than me could no doubt advise.

• What a great thread! I love this club, and these fans.

• I think proof of unemployment is enough, the more new fans we can attract the better.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I think proof of unemployment is enough, the more new fans we can attract the better.

Good point - only consideration was trying to avoid a long-term supporter who's had a bad few months from missing out.

• If there’s enough support for this idea I can raise it with the club.

• Intriguing idea of some sort of limited capacity, and you wonder how it'd work.

You'd still have bottlenecks in and out of the games, and at half time.

You'd still have to move to let people in and out of rows, you'd still be fairly close to someone in front or behind.

But fair play for any positive even notions of how things may sit in a few months.

• Be good to get this off the ground once there's more clarity on next season.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    ‘Up the Wyc’ sounds like it belongs as a punchline on an 80s sitcom!

Accordingly to fans of many other teams, we already get on their wick. So we might as well get on their wyc too!

• @glasshalffull said:
    If there’s enough support for this idea I can raise it with the club.

That would be much appreciated

• The club needs our support and our money. We would probably have been selling season tickets for a while in previous seasons so we will be renewing ours when they go on sale. I suspect the price will need to rise quite a bit to build the team from the great level that Gaz and the squad have achieved this year.

• We do still own that quarter too - it would be a wonderful thing if fan passion helped see the club through, even after the sale. I believe it will!