Skip to content

Clubs vote for EFL's preferred framework

124»

Comments

• So far so good, thanks @Shev.
    Haven’t been awake this early for decades! COYB.

• @Shev Reckon it we be on ifollow. If not you are welcome to 'zoom' into my living room

• There's ways of getting it via various streaming services, official or otherwise @shev , would be in the clubs/leagues interest to make it available officially, sure our owners will be looking out for the worldwide wanderers phenomenon as they put it.

• I’m sure the people criticising us for not wanting to play the rest of the season but being willing to participate in the playoffs would be happier if the playoffs were cancelled and the top three were promoted.

• Has it been said anywhere what happens if the playoffs now don't happen? Does 3rd go up?
    Imagine the ire if we went up that way. We'd never hear the end of itm

• edited June 2020

@Chris said:
    I’m sure the people criticising us for not wanting to play the rest of the season but being willing to participate in the playoffs would be happier if the playoffs were cancelled and the top three were promoted.

I'm sure you have the appropriate response in your armoury

• What a helmet

• All this business about their "Vengeance Tour" - have they not even considered how many L1 teams will want to take them apart after their excessive, intimidatory, arrogant and thoroughly unpleasant presence in the media and on social media in recent weeks? Many people who were previously ambivalent to Peterborough now absolutely despise them. I think they might find next season a lot tougher than they imagine.

• edited June 2020

Haven't they been in L1 for 8 years or something now? This is hardly a big injustice that will radically alter the club. Also note that despite us being a busted flush and them being on the charge to an almost certain promotion we seem to have taken more points out of our last three games than them

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Haven't they been in L1 for 8 years or something now? This is hardly a big injustice that will radically alter the club. Also note that despite us being a busted flush and them being on the charge to an almost certain promotion we seem to have taken more points out of our last three games than them

In the five games before lockdown Peterborough won 10pts, one point more than Wycombe. I’ve just seen the most tasteless idea yet-a Peterborough fan suggesting that they and Tranmere mount a protest outside EFL headquarters called ‘Posh/Tranmere. Footy matters’.

• @glasshalffull said:

@StrongestTeam said:

In the five games before lockdown Peterborough won 10pts, one point more than Wycombe. I’ve just seen the most tasteless idea yet-a Peterborough fan suggesting that they and Tranmere mount a protest outside EFL headquarters called ‘Posh/Tranmere. Footy matters’.

They are entitled to protest or ask questions, some of our fans would do the same. I've always said it's unfortunate not unfair but it's not for us to get involved in now, vast majority of clubs voted for it not just us. Valid reasons not to play until everyone goes bust. I'd say leave them too it but you arer more likely to get a hearing from the Gary Neville's of this world than anyone else on here. Did catch Gaz's five minutes with Colin Murray from the link on here and it seemed like some sense coming back to the debates.

• What I meant was that it was insensitive to use a corruption of the BLM slogan for football reasons.

• Quite right @glasshalffull

Completely lacking in class

• @glasshalffull said:
    What I meant was that it was insensitive to use a corruption of the BLM slogan for football reasons.

Oh, didn't spot that, it's clumsy at best, if that's what they are actually trying to do it's disgusting.

• Posh will be alright when they've sold their players for millions, they'll walk the League next year. As will Sunderland and Ipswich. But only if we are not there to stop them with our command of weather conditions, hypnotic control of all officials and manipulation of worldwide viruses to our advantage...

• @glasshalffull said:
    What I meant was that it was insensitive to use a corruption of the BLM slogan for football reasons.

I've seen that idea too.

Pretty disgusting but not unsurprising, there's a "Football lads alliance" / EDL anti protest - protest planned for this Saturday in London which is going to drag football fans as a whole through the mud with some sections of the media I'm sure, but there is still a massive problem within football, fortunately less so at our club than othersv

• LX1LX1
    edited June 2020

@Wendoverman said:
    Posh will be alright when they've sold their players for millions, they'll walk the League next year. As will Sunderland and Ipswich. But only if we are not there to stop them with our command of weather conditions, hypnotic control of all officials and manipulation of worldwide viruses to our advantage...

Many people forget Bristol Rovers' chairman at the time of the abandoned lightning match was friends with the commissioner at the BBC resulting in this episode of Bananaman going out

• @LeedsBlue said:
    All this business about their "Vengeance Tour" - have they not even considered how many L1 teams will want to take them apart after their excessive, intimidatory, arrogant and thoroughly unpleasant presence in the media and on social media in recent weeks? Many people who were previously ambivalent to Peterborough now absolutely despise them. I think they might find next season a lot tougher than they imagine.

Spot on. I think a lot of folks will be happy to see Port Vale and Bradford do well next year, based upon their attitude in the League Two negotiations. Peterborough have gone from having a case for sympathy, to being obnoxious.