Skip to content

Clubs vote for EFL's preferred framework

Comments

• @RogertheBandito said:
    I am just so happy to see how much it upsets Mr Fry Big Smileys

Fatty Baz, broke our hearts, when he seduced Noel Ashford in our hour of need !!
    So you can ram one of Flashman's big cigars up your Jacksy, Mr Fry.

• @eric_plant said:

@LX1 said:
    Is it possible to have 4000 people in a zoom meeting?

Surely plans are afoot to stick a massive screen up on the Rye and mark out two metre spacings?

All good until someone has one too many and stumbles into the Dyke

• @Dickie said:
    What happened to the ‘gang of 6’ as the vote went 18-4 with one abstention, who is rumoured to be Southend.

Given that two of the ‘play ons’ were presumably Peterborough and Tranmere, at least 3 of the original 6 appear to have jumped ship.

I bet Ipswich and Sunderland were the other two. After all the bluster, all the teams voted in their self-interest, shockingly!

• Yep, several sources now saying that Fleetwood, Oxford and Portsmouth all voted to end the season. Staggering hypocrisy from the lot of them - at least we were bold enough to stick our head above the parapet...

• @chairboyscentral said:

@eric_plant said:

@LX1 said:
    Is it possible to have 4000 people in a zoom meeting?

Surely plans are afoot to stick a massive screen up on the Rye and mark out two metre spacings?

All good until someone has one too many and stumbles into the Dyke

I know you are excited, but it's LGBTQ+ please

• LX1, that’s brilliant.

• Now they are moaning that people who voted to end the season because they did not feel they could safely play on...should not be allowed to play in the play-offs...as of course, they would all have given up the chance of playing for promotion if offered.

• Well that's excellent news.

• I’m going to make my celebratory whisky a large one.

• He ends it by saying how much they depend on gate receipts and moaning about how they can't play in front of anyone now. Seriously, Barry?

• @chairboyscentral Yes. And clubs might go to the wall, apparently? What? The clubs your manager was saying a matter of a few weeks ago could just concede games if they couldn't afford to compete?

• Scroll down to see insightful comment about us !!

https://mobile.twitter.com/FryboyRacing

• @Ceefax_Striker said:
    Scroll down to see insightful comment about us !!

The Rovers fan at work, who obviously wasn't at that game, still won't let it go either.

From recollection, it started as overcast, became the second heaviest rain I've ever experienced (Portsmouth away being the first - abandoned at half time, with rivers in the streets), and then the lightning began!

I can't believe anyone there can truly believe we invented some part of it!

• @Malone said:

@Ceefax_Striker said:

The Rovers fan at work, who obviously wasn't at that game, still won't let it go either.

From recollection, it started as overcast, became the second heaviest rain I've ever experienced (Portsmouth away being the first - abandoned at half time, with rivers in the streets), and then the lightning began!

Indeed Malone - the comment “Wycombe Wanderers have a big history to benefit them” amused me more !

• @Ceefax_Striker said:

@Malone said:

@Ceefax_Striker said:

Indeed Malone - the comment “Wycombe Wanderers have a big history to benefit them” amused me more !

Seemingly based on once calling a dangerous game off, and this situation.

Obviously no mention of not coming up despite the same points as Col Utd that season and missing out when the Premier league was reduced and we came 6th etc.

• @Shev said:
    I saw an article saying Sky would let the Championship use iFollow for regular season games, even those on Sky, but it was unclear about the playoffs. I am on tenterhooks here too.

Even if the broadcast rights in the UK are restricted to Sky it isn’t too pricey to get a short term Now TV pass to watch the games.

• On Sky Sports News they confirm they have live and exclusive all 15 EFL playoff matches.

• @Glenactico said:

@Shev said:
    I saw an article saying Sky would let the Championship use iFollow for regular season games, even those on Sky, but it was unclear about the playoffs. I am on tenterhooks here too.

Even if the broadcast rights in the UK are restricted to Sky it isn’t too pricey to get a short term Now TV pass to watch the games.

Is that in the USA? Last season I don't think any playoff games were screened here on any channel.

• From a Tranmere site:

"Hypocrisy runs deep.

Wycombe Wanderers are one of many examples. They seemingly voted to end the season because they cannot afford to play on and are happy for PPG to be used to come up with the final table. That, incidentally, magically propels them from EIGHTH position up into the play-offs. Which obviously, they appear happy to ‘afford’ to play in for a shot at promotion to the Championship."

Oh piss off.

https://www.roversrearguard.com/features/hypocrisy-smokescreens-and-self-preservation-spineless-efl-demotes-tranmere-as-afc-wimbledon-rotherham-and-others-benefit/

• The amount of people pretending they don’t understand what points per game means is astonishing isn’t it? Ignore them and enjoy the moment, days like these don’t come around very often.

• @chairboyscentral let them say what they want Tom, though it might be strange, today's league table is one of the greatest successes of our famous football club's entire history. Don't let the bitterness of other clubs and their fans spoil that - they don't need to recognise what an incredible achievement this is. We can do that ourselves.

• @Brownie said:
    @chairboyscentral let them say what they want Tom, though it might be strange, today's league table is one of the greatest successes of our famous football club's entire history. Don't let the bitterness of other clubs and their fans spoil that - they don't need to recognise what an incredible achievement this is. We can do that ourselves.

Perfect post. Exactly right

• @Brownie said:
    @chairboyscentral let them say what they want Tom, though it might be strange, today's league table is one of the greatest successes of our famous football club's entire history. Don't let the bitterness of other clubs and their fans spoil that - they don't need to recognise what an incredible achievement this is. We can do that ourselves.

I've been saying as much today, it would just be nice not to have all these people trying to discredit this achievement. But yeah, stuff 'em. Let's go win the play-offs and make this even more historic.

• @carrickblue said:
    On Sky Sports News they confirm they have live and exclusive all 15 EFL playoff matches.

I use a Now TV stick and it works a treat plugging into the hdmi port on the TV. I think you can pick one up for £20-30 with a months sk> @Shev said:

@Glenactico said:

@Shev said:

Is that in the USA? Last season I don't think any playoff games were screened here on any channel.

Unsure about the States, sorry. I would have assumed play off games were available on ifollow outside the UK.

For those looking for a way to watch the play offs on Sky, a Now TV stick with a month of sport access costs around 20-30 quid. It plugs into the hdmi on your TV and streams over WiFi. You also need a USB port on the TV to power the device.

Otherwise I think you can buy a month pass for a similar cost and just stream to a laptop or tablet.

• Thanks @Glenactico - I shall keep my fingers crossed that Sky allows iFollow use for the playoffs. I'll have to shoot the club an email too, and see if they know.

• @Shev I remember watching the play-offs back in the days of the Fox Soccer Channel, but that was a while ago. But surely the games will be on iFollow.

• Cheers @floyd - fingers crossed! I know that any Sky games during the season were not allowed on iFollow (so Tranmere away, Ipswich at home), but I think the virus may have changed the rules.

• Something positive about the virus at last.
    Hope you’re able to watch the drama unfold one way or another @Shev.
    Congratulations on the pending new addition to your family.

• Cheers @micra! I hope you are keeping well too.