Skip to content

Clubs vote for EFL's preferred framework

Comments

• @Wendoverman said:
    So if we stay in the League he'll want 'vengence' for us not getting up and if we do go up he'll presumably want vengence by winning the league against all the other big teams wanting vengence against Wycombe. They cannot all win it.

Did they not really want to win it in previous seasons, or in the first half of this one? Love some of the crap these guys spout.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    League Two play-off semis confirmed for 18th and 22nd, 5:15 and 7:45 kick-offs.

Nowhere near enough time to prepare to a level worthy of a play off game. Makes it a true lottery.
    Based on Fleetwood's performance at ours earlier this season that can only help us.

The thought of not being able to see these games live is a real kick in the guts though.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Glenactico said:
    Bear in mind there are no ticket sales required so the SF & finals could all be played in quick succession. Maybe in as little as a week. If they were SF leg 1 (Weds 24th), SF leg (Sat 27th), Final (Weds 30th), for example, that would allow 3 weeks training from Weds last week.

Very tight and shows that a decision has taken too long, but not impossible.

Could we get Darius through three games that close together as a one-off?

We'd have to risk it, and he could have loads of time off after.

Imagine resting him in the second leg and then not getting a final. That'd be a real gamble.
    However, as always it depends on how much pain he really feels, generally. Let alone what could arise in the first game

Hope Grimmer is up to speed. He had a huge spell out, although Sido is there if needs be. Though his last game or 2 at right back were nightmares.

• We're in League One, Righty.....

• Apologies for the bombardment, everything's coming thick and fast today!

• The closest thing to a matchday thread in a while!

• Hope this geezer isn't giving too much away to our rivals :)

Unless it's all a plan to make it sounds like we're just messing about, while our rivals do serious training.

• It's still weird to think we have already played a game that would have promoted us to the Championship had we won it (Doncaster).

• @Shev surely there were 8 more like that? Why not pick Gillingham?

• @our_frank - very true over the course of the season, but my theory is the further back you go to change a result, the more it changes the results after it to create a kind of alternate history. If we beat Gillingham, the mood is different for the next game, it goes slightly differently, and so forth. Doncaster is easier to pick out as the final game, so there could be no alternate history besides the result itself.

• I'd say the late goal we gave away at Fleetwood is the most obvious candidate.

Works both ways of course, we benefited from an OG to get a point against Peterboro and that late penalty against Rochdale.

• @Shev Lumme - I wish I'd never asked. It's like sci-fi!

• JJ's missed pen at Ipswich for me

• @LX1 said:
    JJ's missed pen at Ipswich for me

That’s where my mind goes as well, but to focus on JJ is unfair given his superhuman season.

I’m just as happy that goals and records won’t be expunged and that Bayo and JJs’ feats will be etched in stone.

• @shev is right about Doncaster tho, particularly because we were much the better team in the first half.

• Lawyers in Sunderland, Ipswich and Peterborough sitting by telephones...

• @our_frank said:
    @Shev Lumme - I wish I'd never asked. It's like sci-fi!

The screenplay is in process. The Rock has already agreed to play Bayo!

• But for Bayo's injury time penalty v peterboro, we wouldn't be in the playoffs and thy would have voted to end the season early...

• If Bloomfield had kicked the ball into row Z Southend would never have got that goal and won on penalties.
    We'd now to relegated back to League 2 while Southend are into the play-offs on PPG.
    And so it goes on ...

• THE POSH VIEW
    The 2019-20 League One season was predictably curtailed this afternoon and a points-per-game average applied to determine final positions.
    Posh finish the shortened season in seventh place and miss out on the play-offs.
    “The EFL have been a disgrace throughout this process,” Fry said. “Just last week they arranged for four clubs they knew were going to be in the play-offs to be tested for coronavirus. They did this before today’s vote and those clubs had returned to training before today’s vote. How on earth can that be right? What on earth was the point of today’s vote when the EFL knew what the result would be?
    “The whole thing has been a farce, They’ve not taken into account home form or the fixtures teams had left. They’ve promoted teams and put teams into the play-offs in a very dubious way.

• I am just so happy to see how much it upsets Mr Fry Big Smileys

• Moving on to Fleetwood games. Obviously will be behind closed doors. Has it been announced TV arrangements yet. Would be very disappointing if exclusively on sky and not available on IPlayer.

• I saw an article saying Sky would let the Championship use iFollow for regular season games, even those on Sky, but it was unclear about the playoffs. I am on tenterhooks here too.

• What happened to the ‘gang of 6’ as the vote went 18-4 with one abstention, who is rumoured to be Southend.

Given that two of the ‘play ons’ were presumably Peterborough and Tranmere, at least 3 of the original 6 appear to have jumped ship.

• Is it possible to have 4000 people in a zoom meeting?

• @our_frank said:
    @Shev surely there were 8 more like that? Why not pick Gillingham?

I think two more points would have done it, so we can chuck in all the draws as well; 17 games in total

Or in other words if JJ had scored that penalty at Ipswich we'd be in the Championship now

• @LX1 said:
    Is it possible to have 4000 people in a zoom meeting?

Surely plans are afoot to stick a massive screen up on the Rye and mark out two metre spacings?

• I think Southend knew they were doomed in January...

• @DevC said:
    Moving on to Fleetwood games. Obviously will be behind closed doors. Has it been announced TV arrangements yet. Would be very disappointing if exclusively on sky and not available on IPlayer.

I was indifferent but glad Mrs W got Sky sports lumped in with the movies now. Perhaps Quest will get the live games as part of their deal??