Skip to content

Clubs vote for EFL's preferred framework

edited June 2020 in Football

According to Ben Fisher from the Guardian

Comments

• Guess there'll be a few folk in Peterborough drowning their sorrows in the pub all alone at home tonight.

• "Despite the prolonged period of dry weather in the region, a flood warning has been issued for the River Nene in Peterborough this afternoon following a sudden and inexplicable surge in salt water flows."

• Looking forward to McAnthony's resignation like he promised.

• I just hope the EFL have good lawyers and watertight by-laws.

• McAnthony has already said on his podcast that he’s looking for ‘vengeance’ next season, no mention of resignation. However, he does have a history of U-turns.

• @floyd said:
    I just hope the EFL have good lawyers and watertight by-laws.

He will probably initially apply for an injunction to stop this shithousery happening!

• @glasshalffull said:
    McAnthony has already said on his podcast that he’s looking for ‘vengeance’ next season, no mention of resignation. However, he does have a history of U-turns.

I wonder if this 'vengeance,' will involve not throwing away 2 goal leads at tiny tinpot Wycombe?

• So if we stay in the League he'll want 'vengence' for us not getting up and if we do go up he'll presumably want vengence by winning the league against all the other big teams wanting vengence against Wycombe. They cannot all win it.

• Given that the proposals seem to have broad support it must be a formality that the clubs vote in favour of curtailment.

Although deeply unsatisfactory on so many levels, we should take a moment to celebrate our best ever league season. A 3rd place finish is a remarkable achievement for WWFC, even though it came about in such bizarre circumstances.

Such a shame that it couldn't be finalised on the pitch, with both players and supporters given the opportunity to celebrate an outstanding season.

• @StrongestTeam Blimey. That wouldn't leave much time for training, would it? Although it makes sense I suppose, in terms of trying to get it all done before contracts expire.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Looks like playoffs could be very soon

Haven't those clubs been in training a week or two longer than us?

• Can’t see how we can play much before early July if training only started this week.

• Bear in mind there are no ticket sales required so the SF & finals could all be played in quick succession. Maybe in as little as a week. If they were SF leg 1 (Weds 24th), SF leg (Sat 27th), Final (Weds 30th), for example, that would allow 3 weeks training from Weds last week.

Very tight and shows that a decision has taken too long, but not impossible.

• @floyd said:

@glasshalffull said:
    McAnthony has already said on his podcast that he’s looking for ‘vengeance’ next season, no mention of resignation. However, he does have a history of U-turns.

I wonder if this 'vengeance,' will involve not throwing away 2 goal leads at tiny tinpot Wycombe?

MacAnthony has warned that his club will be looking to set the record straight next season.

"I’m calling next season the Vengeance Tour,” he told his ‘Hard Truth’ podcast.

We will have the largest chip ever seen on a shoulder. We will get a promotion push going. We know the players we want to sign and we know the players we will allow to go.‘

• Can't wait to pop the dates in my diary - really starting to get excited now!

• @glasshalffull said:

@floyd said:

@glasshalffull said:

MacAnthony has warned that his club will be looking to set the record straight next season.

"I’m calling next season the Vengeance Tour,” he told his ‘Hard Truth’ podcast.

We will have the largest chip ever seen on a shoulder. We will get a promotion push going. We know the players we want to sign and we know the players we will allow to go.‘

Like next season will be anything like normal

• well my expectation is to meet Posh next season, my hope is we don't. That way, at the very worst, I'm not too disappointed. The thought of those Posh supporters, spitting vitriol with the huge chequebook of DMac behind them sends shivers down my spine. Particularly if we beat them!

• @Glenactico said:
    Bear in mind there are no ticket sales required so the SF & finals could all be played in quick succession. Maybe in as little as a week. If they were SF leg 1 (Weds 24th), SF leg (Sat 27th), Final (Weds 30th), for example, that would allow 3 weeks training from Weds last week.

Could we get Darius through three games that close together as a one-off?

• The fact that he has a podcast called "Hard Truth" tells you everything you need to know about this bellend.

• @Glenactico said:
    Bear in mind there are no ticket sales required so the SF & finals could all be played in quick succession. Maybe in as little as a week. If they were SF leg 1 (Weds 24th), SF leg (Sat 27th), Final (Weds 30th), for example, that would allow 3 weeks training from Weds last week.

If the tweets about Cheltenham above are correct, likelihood would appear to be 19th 23rd and 30th.

• League Two - well, going by Exeter - have been back in training a week longer. Three weeks still isn't enough, but I guess the EFL want everything wrapped up by the end of June.

• So does our tenacious style suit a cold start more, or less?

• I am glad MacAnthony has finally identified the correct enemy, and plans to beat Covid-19 both home and away next season.

• edited June 2020

League Two play-off semis confirmed for Thu 18th and Mon 22nd, 5:15 and 7:45 kick-offs. Final on Tue 29th.