Skip to content

PPG Applied in France

1373839404143»

Comments

• For sure - I also may have dreamed it, but weren't Peterborough, Sunderland and Ipswich willing to curtail the season if the playoff field was expanded? I wonder if any of them have nasty cuts from bringing their glass houses down around them.

• I did love Ipswich's hanging about in the "Big 6" group.
    It would have taken a real scroll down for them to be anywhere near even an expanded playoff competition!

And people say we had imploded! They're the only team who were top longer than us!

• Since the vote isn't until tomorrow, I really don't know how anyone can say which way WWFC have voted.

• @Twizz said:
    Since the vote isn't until tomorrow, I really don't know how anyone can say which way WWFC have voted.

There is probably a fairly strong inkling from Gareth and Rob making their position very clear a few weeks back.

• Better class of rivals? A while back it was Notts County, remember them, and Plymouth, maybe we'll soon have the pleasure of Watford and QPR telling us how tin pot we are and how we only best them by cheating next season or the season after.

• edited June 2020

Anyone have an idea what time the decision is meant to be announced today?

• @Username said:
    Anyone have an idea what time the decision is meant to be announced today?

Peterborough chairman suggested there were two meetings today - 9am and 3pm. I'd guess any decision / announcement would be due after the second unless it is unanimous.

• edited June 2020

Would assume League One would follow the same timetable.

• Apologies if this has already been posted but the Gruaniad have reported that we were among the clubs that returned to training: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/08/league-one-row-breaks-out-as-teams-get-tested-and-train-before-key-vote

I can only assume this was done before the vote in order to allow adequate training time so the play offs can be completed before the end of June if that is how the vote goes today. The situation does illustrate quite obviously that this has now dragged on too long without a conclusion.

The players will now be off furlough as they're training. I hope we're compensated by the EFL if the play-offs don't go ahead.

• 5 votes!
    Can they not spin it out any more?

• The Fat Lady has started her warm up routine. .

Following a vote on each by all 71 Clubs, it was overwhelmingly agreed (by a majority of all Clubs and a majority in the Championship) to adopt the EFL Board’s proposal into EFL Regulations, which now means the following applies in the event a division curtails its 2019/20 season or it is ended by any other means.

Final divisional placings will be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
    Promotion and relegation should be retained.
    Play-Offs will be played in all circumstances but will not be extended (beyond four teams).
    Clubs in Leagues One and Two will now meet by division later today to formally determine whether to resume playing the 2019/20 season or opt for curtailment. The Championship Clubs restart their season on 20 June.

• Amazing scenes!

So there is now a choice between playing out the full season or Wycombe finishing 3rd and entering a four team playoff.

It’s a shame it has ended this way but congratulations to Gareth and the team for our best ever league placing! We’ve sure come a long way since that home defeat to the Horse Punchers.

• Does that numpty reply on twitter to non abusive messages?

• @Username said:
    Does that numpty reply on twitter to non abusive messages?

I've never seen him reply to anyone who disagrees with him, probably just reaches straight for the mute button.

• There are times when I wish I was on Twitter to answer bitter people like this guy.

• edited June 2020

As far as I can see it makes the Gasroom look like the Oxford University Debating Society @glasshalffull so depends how much time you think you can devote to trying to shine a light on injustice, help right the world's wrongs and defend truth and honour to idiots in 280 characters! :smile:

• Good point well made. I’ll stick to the Gasroom.

• How many times does “ up yours Swanny “go into 280 characters.

• I'll echo what @Wendoverman says @glasshalffull ... dont do it ! I dont do it too much, but whenever I do I wish I hadnt... almost makes my head explode on there

• I think as a journalist it is @glasshalffull 's duty to be on twitter