Comments

• 23:15

• @drcongo said:
    Time has no meaning any more anyway.

Even Lunchtime?

• Time is just an illusion.

• edited May 2020

Decision now not likely until a week on Monday at the earliest apparently

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/28/lower-division-clubs-rescue-package-mp-damian-collins-letter

• Why can't all the suggested options be put to each club and then decided on a preferential voting system. So basically if there are 5 options each club casts their vote in order 1 to 5 and then you arrive at some sort of consensus. Perhaps to simple for the EFL!

• Looks like they've had another meeting to call another meeting

• One takeaway, though: I may be misinterpreting this, but it sounds like they've rejected Tranmere's proposal but will allow clubs to propose tweaks to preferred proposal (i.e. PPG with promotion, play-offs, relegation)?

• edited May 2020

• So basically you can't decide to carry on or not until you've decided how you'd stop it if you did or if you had too. And nobody has decided anything but the EFL are clear what they want to see, but it's up to the clubs , but not until closure methods have been agreed, but they're only expressing opinions on those but have to vote after they are agreed.

So glad they cleared that up.

• I like the waiting game being played. I am starting to think we might end up playing the season out

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I like the waiting game being played. I am starting to think we might end up playing the season out

There won't be time for that unless players are back in training by, well, Monday.

• I’ve just received this excerpt from a story in the Peterborough Evening Telegraph written by their columnist Alan Seann:
    ‘I doubt there are many regular League One watchers outside of the passionate folk of Buckinghamshire who would have predicted Wycombe finishing in the top six never mind in third place. Their race had been run. They were out of puff and yet next week they could be two wins from a place in the Championship.

It’s Wycombe of course who have adopted the bizarre, and frankly indefensible position, of voting to end the season for others, while preparing to carry on playing themselves.’
    He’s entitled to his opinion, of course, but I’m sure there are some Gasroomers who would like to point out their opinion to Mr.Swann. He’s on Twitter: @PTAlanSwann.
    He reckons our ‘race had been run and we were ‘out of puff’ despite Peterborough having won just one point more than Wycombe in the 5 games before lockdown.
    Not to mention having led the table for so long and been in the top 3 for most of the season; not to mention being just 3pts off an automatic promotion place with a game in hand; not to mention the manager saying he wants to complete the season and the owner yet to vote either way. No wonder the good folk of Peterborough are so anti Wycombe if they’re being fed this kind of inaccurate propaganda.

• All idiot fans see is 8th place versus us being top for months.

They lack the ability to see that it's so tight and even the ones who can understand that we're one win from joint 2nd then get hung up on it being Coventry away.

It gets very wearing having to constantly argue against those that are so biased.

• Trying to bring form into it like it's a given that form continues and like we haven't had several months break is just a bit silly.

• The usual strong leadership from the EFL. At least the FA are kind enough to indicate their passive approach in their acronym.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I like the waiting game being played. I am starting to think we might end up playing the season out

There won't be time for that unless players are back in training by, well, Monday.

So what are voting on?

• If that game was played out and we won, surely that would just open a massive can of worms about whether you can promote a team on goal difference.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I’ve just received this excerpt from a story in the Peterborough Evening Telegraph written by their columnist Alan Seann:
    ‘I doubt there are many regular League One watchers outside of the passionate folk of Buckinghamshire who would have predicted Wycombe finishing in the top six never mind in third place. Their race had been run. They were out of puff and yet next week they could be two wins from a place in the Championship.

It’s Wycombe of course who have adopted the bizarre, and frankly indefensible position, of voting to end the season for others, while preparing to carry on playing themselves.’
    He’s entitled to his opinion, of course, but I’m sure there are some Gasroomers who would like to point out their opinion to Mr.Swann. He’s on Twitter: @PTAlanSwann.
    He reckons our ‘race had been run and we were ‘out of puff’ despite Peterborough having won just one point more than Wycombe in the 5 games before lockdown.
    Not to mention having led the table for so long and been in the top 3 for most of the season; not to mention being just 3pts off an automatic promotion place with a game in hand; not to mention the manager saying he wants to complete the season and the owner yet to vote either way. No wonder the good folk of Peterborough are so anti Wycombe if they’re being fed this kind of inaccurate propaganda.

Alan Swann dislikes Wycombe, it’s not just this play off fuss that has seen him throw his toys out of his pram. I first came across his anti-Wycombe tweets last season when we beat them 1-0 and then again this season with the 3-3 draw.

I kind of get it, he has been coming to Wycombe for 25 years covering the opposition and has never seen Peterborough win once. I would be peeved and probably have a distorted dislike of a team if I had never seen us win even once in a quarter of a century.

He is more an impassioned fan than a serious journalist and sadly that thought seems to infiltrate his writings.

I look at his twitter mainly for the amusement factor as factually he is incorrect more often than not, and have corrected him on numerous occasions. I suggest others do the same and start following him if they like seeing irrationality presented as indisputable facts!!

• Apparently if you put everyone back to 34 games, we still make the play-offs but Oxford drop out. Sunderland unfortunately in but Peterborough still out. All in favour?

• @Dickie said:

@glasshalffull said:
    I’ve just received this excerpt from a story in the Peterborough Evening Telegraph written by their columnist Alan Seann:

Alan Swann dislikes Wycombe, it’s not just this play off fuss that has seen him throw his toys out of his pram. I first came across his anti-Wycombe tweets last season when we beat them 1-0 and then again this season with the 3-3 draw.

I kind of get it, he has been coming to Wycombe for 25 years covering the opposition and has never seen Peterborough win once. I would be peeved and probably have a distorted dislike of a team if I had never seen us win even once in a quarter of a century.

He is more an impassioned fan than a serious journalist and sadly that thought seems to infiltrate his writings.

I look at his twitter mainly for the amusement factor as factually he is incorrect more often than not, and have corrected him on numerous occasions. I suggest others do the same and start following him if they like seeing irrationality presented as indisputable facts!!

They’ve beaten us twice at AP during our FL era.

Once in the league and once in the league cup.

Richard Logan scored a 90th minute winner for them in the league fixture, what happened to him i wonder?

• 'Clubs Voting In Their Own Self-Interest Outraged At Wycombe Voting In Their Own Self-Interest'.

• '‘I doubt there are many regular League One watchers outside of the passionate folk of Buckinghamshire who, knowing what you are going to get, were not mightily pissed off at the thought of Wycombe finishing in the top six never mind in third place...' Will this revision do?

• @Vincey Apologies I had overlooked the one league defeat.

On the subject of Richard Logan I did once bet @Ned_Ludd and a couple of the others I sit with, at the start of the season, that a combination of the five strikers we had at the time, Logan, Jo Kuffour, Matt McClure, Dean Morgan and one other whose name escapes me, would not manage to get 15 league goals between them that season. It wasn’t until about March of that season that that motley crue managed it, mostly down to Dean Morgan taking some penalties!!

Jo Kuffour provided me with my personal lowlite of the Gareth Ainsworth era, when he was played on his own up front against Wimbledon and we just lumped long balls up to him. Not surprisingly it didn’t work!!!

• I hate, with a passion, the notion that we have a game in hand against Coventry and that's it. That statement would only be valid if every other team had played Coventry twice along with every other team twice and Wycombe v Coventry was the only fixture not completed.
    We have simply played a game less than most others as have Coventry, but in fact 2 less than Ipswich and Sunderland - nobody seems to be mentioning that!
    Why aren't the teams saying everyone must complete 36 fixtures, like Ipswich & Sunderland, so that we have 2 games to play and many other have another 1. Which if course they themselves might loose will we might win our second game.

The answer is as always because it suites their own agenda to imply that shithouse Wycombe have a game in hand v Coventry which Coventry would win.

It makes my blood boil ...

• edited May 2020

Do none of these people painting us as the bad guys realise that we were the only team not to play on the final weekend of fixtures before suspension? Bury's expulsion has skewed the league all season.

• Don't get angry, take delight in it. Their indignation is there to be laughed at, not reasoned with or to make you angry.

Imagine how funny it's going to be when the official decision is made

• @Dickie Dennis Oli was the fifth ‘striker’. I use the term loosely.