Skip to content

Dark Side Vote: Which insufferable club is the most sufferable?

Hey all,

By popular demand, we are trying to find which club is the LEAST hated out of the clubs left off the You Choose Cup. Voldemoort FC were not included, so it is assumed they are the most hated.

So again, you are voting for which club you dislike the least (or like the most) out of the five below.

Poll not found

Comments

• I'm torn between Col U (I know, I know, but I'm way too young to 'get' the rivalry) and Luton...

• edited May 2020

Oxford have really gone down in my estimation upon reading their forum for a few weeks.
      3 sided ground, not exactly an epic amount in their fan base, won a cup about 40 years ago, fuelled by illegitimate chairman wealth.
      Non league fairly recently.

Yet somehow think they're quite a big deal for some inexplicable reason.

Col U have the historical rivalry, but all those other clubs have been more douchey towards us than them in recent years, so probably have to be them.

• It’s a toughie. They are all guilty of heinous crimes against the Chairboys.

It’s going to have to be Luton. I’ve seen a fair few decent ties against them and have enjoyed a fair of my visits there. That said the seats are crap and of course DDH. Damn, this is tricky!

• I would have gone for Oxford until their recent strop. I'm going Plymouth now as that twat Adams has gone and i had a good session in the Bootleggers with some of their fans a few years back

• Can we have a ‘which of these clubs do you dislike the most’ too?

• Who the hell is voting for Colchester?

• @Chris said:
      Can we have a ‘which of these clubs do you dislike the most’ too?

Agree.... after this one maybe

• Can we have a "nope, I'd rather poke my eyes out than vote for any of them" option?

• Colchester biggest footballing rivalry, historically but less so now.
      Bristol Rovers , hated them when their chairman tried to put us out of business with his ludicrous 3rd party ownership claims, but since he’s gone no real problem with Rovers. Their fans do still go on about that lighting strike game abandonment thing early on in a season, as if we cheated our way to something, despite it only being 3 points about 4 games into the season.
      Plymouth no real problem with them since Derek Adams has gone.
      Luton are just always a horrible bunch, the fans , the players the management.

• It is a bit like picking the manner of your own painful execution isn't it.

• I went for Col U in the end, mainly for the fact that of all of them, they're the only bunch of supporters who don't think they're far bigger and more importanter than us and generally don't have ludicrous ideas of their own grandeur. And the still-warm memories of an exquisite double over them in the promotion season.

• Luton are the pits in more ways than one.

• edited May 2020

What a sh1te bucket of options!

I think @MindlessDrugHoover has it summed up perfectly.

I'm going with Col U as the last time I went there, (1st time at the newish ground), I tried to "hate" them but couldn't. It was such a soulless experience, winning was about the only thing that I could remember.

PS: I really despise Luton Town football ground & their oafish entitled fans!

• Went Plymouth post Adams. Luton most hated for me. One of my best mates dated a hatter girl in the 80s. She was as mad as a box of frogs and stopped him going out for beers. Enough said.

• @eric_plant said:
      Who the hell is voting for Colchester?

Guilty as charged

• I’ve completely misread (assumed) the question. Knock one off for Col U.

• I think Col U might win most disliked too?

• When was the last time we had any sort of controversy in a game with Col U?
      Was it the FA cup in the late 90s?

Rivalries can certainly fade.

• @Shev how long do we have to vote on this? It's far more difficult than I had anticipated!

• @ForeverBlue - I am just going to leave it open. I think the most votes any round of the cup received was 63 or so. If we get to that point, we will probably know the rankings!

• @Malone said:
      When was the last time we had any sort of controversy in a game with Col U?
      Was it the FA cup in the late 90s?

Rivalries can certainly fade.

There was a real edge to the last game at Adams Park

• Have to be honest I misread the question too and assumed and voted for the opposite.
      In my defence long time since I did exams and had to remember to read the bloody question. I am not sure I always did then...
      Maybe if want a true result, reset and start again.

• Plymouth - no Derek Adams to taunt.

• That Bristol Rovers pitch invasion is still so fresh in my mind. Horrible, horrible scenes that I will never be able to forgive.

• That Bristol Rovers match is my worst ever experience as a football fan.

In terms of who I despise the most, Oxford by a country mile.

• Tough choice but it comes down to Oxford for the memory of the DDH penalty - is it still in orbit? - or Luton for the Mawson goal.
      Luton it is then ...

• edited May 2020

The most hated Bristol Rovers for me, I have seen them at 3 different grounds, the best one was a non league ground. I was told to "##ck by an 8 year old Rovers fan when I was working for the club. Had piss thrown over me at the Wreck and of course the pitch invasion. Least is Plymouth now the loathsome Adams (the self proclaimed best manager in the EFL) has left.

• @Shev said:
      @ForeverBlue - I am just going to leave it open. I think the most votes any round of the cup received was 63 or so. If we get to that point, we will probably know the rankings!

Why not put us all through the wringer and make us suffer with having to choose every day?

Eliminate the ‘winner’ each day and by Thursday we’ll know the most disliked club (behind Franchise) as well.

• That's not a bad shout, @bookertease! Mind you, one could argue that inverting the results would give a pretty good idea, though obviously not exactly the same as voting each round...

• Plymouth for me, they did give us the most conventionally-haired footballer of all time, so it's hard to truly hold a grudge.