Skip to content

PPG Applied in France

Comments

• Looks like meeting won't be today

• Not a bad thing for us if this drags on a bit longer. Let the clubs around us waste time chasing a lost cause while we're quietly getting on preparing for next season. To be honest, at worst we'll be in the play-offs, so I think we can rest fairly easy.

• Surely we can't do much to prepare for next season until we know what division we're in though? Building a squad for the Championship is going to require a lot more cash, for a start.

• edited May 2020

I'm just going by what Pete Couhig and Gareth have said.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Not a bad thing for us if this drags on a bit longer. Let the clubs around us waste time chasing a lost cause while we're quietly getting on preparing for next season. To be honest, at worst we'll be in the play-offs, so I think we can rest fairly easy.

Waste of everyone's time and money though if this hangs about, I'd imagine we are on mates rates for the legal fees but plenty of clubs aren't. I don't think this is the EFL suddenly becoming democratic it's all just a bit weak.

• True, and I don't think we can realistically wait longer than the rest of this month for a decision. I think clubs will be looking ahead to next season assuming it will run to a normal schedule - and cross any bridges when we come to them.

• What is the richer clubs actual plan here? That's no chance of our season finishing before contracts run out, so unless they find a pot of money somewhere their insistence on trying to finish the league is a non starter unless they are willing to force clubs to go under or forfeit games.

Can't wait for Macanthony to spunk away his money on legal fees when the inevitable does happen and we follow league 2s examples (and France's and Scotland's)

• https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-are-made-wait-their-fate-again-league-one-clubs-not-expected-vote-again-until-end-week-2856385

No vote expected until at least Friday. L1 should support relegations for ‘sporting integrity’ reasons, in the ultimate dose of irony.

• @Username said:
    What is the richer clubs actual plan here? That's no chance of our season finishing before contracts run out, so unless they find a pot of money somewhere their insistence on trying to finish the league is a non starter unless they are willing to force clubs to go under or forfeit games.

Can't wait for Macanthony to spunk away his money on legal fees when the inevitable does happen and we follow league 2s examples (and France's and Scotland's)

The transfer window opens on June 10th so the rich clubs like Sunderland and Ipswich etc can buy a complete new team.

• @Gary said:
    https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-are-made-wait-their-fate-again-league-one-clubs-not-expected-vote-again-until-end-week-2856385

No vote expected until at least Friday. L1 should support relegations for ‘sporting integrity’ reasons, in the ultimate dose of irony.

"Obviously a weighted points per game suits us if we can’t play on. It’s also a lot fairer than a straight points-per-game formula."

Not really much point saying the second bit, Barry.

@Gary said:
    https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-are-made-wait-their-fate-again-league-one-clubs-not-expected-vote-again-until-end-week-2856385

"Obviously a weighted points per game suits us if we can’t play on. It’s also a lot fairer than a straight points-per-game formula."

Not really much point saying the second bit, Barry.

Obviously a weighted points /£ spent would suit us, why don't we suggest that?

Any other ridiculous suggestions Barry? They're not even trying to hide their self servitude now

• Barry Fry, the living embodiment of sporting integrity

• The same Barry Fry who worked in tandem with Stan Flashman for many years. Always above board were those two !!

• I remember The Sun had a campaign to ‘Ban Fat Stan’ and had cut out badges of him attacking one of their reporters.

To say he was a bit of a spiv is an understatement

• Scottish Premiership has just settled on unweighted PPG with relegation

• @ChasHarps said:
    The same Barry Fry who worked in tandem with Stan Flashman for many years. Always above board were those two !!

I read Barry Frys auto biography, an entertaining book. He openly admitted breaking the rules.

• I was in the bar at Underhill in the late 80's after we had played them. I was stood right next to Fat Stan and slightly slimmer Barry, when they were paying out cash in front of everyone to players they had loaned out. It was like a scene out of a back street dodgy market.

• A look at Mr.McAnthony’s business career makes interesting reading.

• Interesting he is a diehard Liverpool fan as well!

• Nigel Clough steps down as Burton manager and it sounds like a financial move https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/1805-statement/

• @mooneyman said:
    Interesting he is a diehard Liverpool fan as well!

It shows.

Nigel Clough steps down as Burton manager and it sounds like a financial move https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/1805-statement/

Think we can be pretty sure that they're not going to join the other 6!

• edited May 2020

I shudder at the thought of Fat Stan, Barry Fry & Steve Evans in cahoots! Unless of course it would be at a Champneys Health Club!

• I'd add Redknapp and Terry Venables to those.

• And the late Brian Clough

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I shudder at the thought of Fat Stan, Barry Fry & Steve Evans in cahoots! Unless of course it would be at a Champneys Health Club!

The owners at Champneys would fit in well with them

• Another tournament for @Shev

• Steve Evans has piped up now, says he wants in on the play-offs. There's a surprise...

• This feels a bit like Game of Thrones. Everyone thinks they have a claim to the iron throne (3rd place) and lots of dodgy allegiances are being done to try and claim it.

Oxford are the Lannisters. They hold the throne at the moment but it's an illegitimate claim. They think they have an illustrious history but the gold is running out. Strong suspicions of incest.

Steve Evans has piped up now, says he wants in on the play-offs. There's a surprise...

This 8 team play offs is happening isn't it.