Skip to content

PPG Applied in France

Comments

• Sky have done their write-up on the Peterborough chairman’s interview this morning. This is what he said regarding forfeiting games:

“What I've suggested is, the teams who don't want to come back and play, if we do this and finish the season, we'll forfeit your games. If it's not possible for you to come back and play, you can forfeit the results, and that's another way you can do it. We're just trying to get football back, get our footballers off their couches, they want to get back and playing, and we want to get the season finished.”

You can read the rest of the interview here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11764/11988512/peterborough-owner-darragh-macanthony-says-six-league-one-clubs-united-in-fight-to-finish-season

He really is a bit of an arse isn’t he.

• If Peterborough were leading the league, he would have PPG tattooed on his buttocks as he jumped through a hoop of fire onto a mat saying "End The Season Now".

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Stewart, Sido, JJ, Blooms, Pattison, JGS, Bayo, CMS

Oh and Mascoll

• edited May 2020

@Doob said:
    I’m not sure why so many people here are so obsessed with what Oxford fans think but, for the record, and for those that can’t stop reading the Oxford message board, it doesn’t take too long to find that weighted ppg puts us in the playoffs -https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-league-one-promotion-relegation-4116483.amp

Do keep up Doob.
    That connotation of ppg versus weighted ppg is the one thing we're certain of!> @Gary said:

Sky have done their write-up on the Peterborough chairman’s interview this morning. This is what he said regarding forfeiting games:

“What I've suggested is, the teams who don't want to come back and play, if we do this and finish the season, we'll forfeit your games. If it's not possible for you to come back and play, you can forfeit the results, and that's another way you can do it. We're just trying to get football back, get our footballers off their couches, they want to get back and playing, and we want to get the season finished.”

You can read the rest of the interview here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11764/11988512/peterborough-owner-darragh-macanthony-says-six-league-one-clubs-united-in-fight-to-finish-season

He really is a bit of an arse isn’t he.

Such a bizarre take.
    Oh vote for it to continue please and then just not.
    Why would any club do that?

• edited May 2020

A classy statement from the Rochdale chairman https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/may/update_may-16-2020/

• edited May 2020

The Peterborough chairman really is making a strong effort to be known for being a wanker.

Never had any opinion of their club until this season, having to pay nearly 30 quid for a wooden bench to see them cheat an early red card and ruin the game. Now his relentless devotion to self interest in finding a way to manufacture a way for Peterborough to go up at any cost and their fans not kicking up a fuss about it. Horrible chairman, horrible club

• Oh no, we've all misunderstood, it's about helping the older fans!

• @Username said:
    The Peterborough chairman really is making a strong effort to be known for being a wanker.

That ship sailed a long time ago

• Your right, that is a classy statement from Rochdale, bravo to them

• An empty Signal Iduna park looking and sounding eerie on bt sport. Amusing bit where they seemed to be asking the losing team at the toss which set of non existent fans they'd like to kick towards.

• Reading this it’s really hard to imagine how the Premier League will ever finish this season let alone at our level

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/15/single-failed-covid-19-test-spells-quarantine-for-premier-league-squads?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• edited May 2020

I'm sure they were saying the other day that they wouldn't have to do that.

Also, if the Premier League votes for no relegation, does that completely put paid to promotion and relegation in the EFL? I just cannot see the PL accepting a 23-team division next season.

• I see the delightful Posh chairman has now moved into the predictions game. His quote on PPG: ‘It’s wrong on so many levels. Wycombe would move above us on PPG but their game in hand is at Coventry who have lost three times all season. Who decides they would win that game?’.‘
    Well, Mr.McAnthony let’s turn the question around: Who decides they wouldn’t?

• edited May 2020

Some of these rivals are so biased it's hilarious

But they're down in 8th
    But they'd have to beat an unbeatable team away
    But they beat Bolton's U10s
    But they'd imploded.

When the truth is we're outside the playoffs on goal difference, are one win off 2nd - both aspects with a game in hand.
    Have both a favourable fixture list late on, but with the opportunity to put one over on Rotherham and Oxford at home where we have probably the best record in the league.

I've always liked the way Peterborough seem to be massively amongst the goals whatever league they're in. But having a chairman like that makes you wish a real failure on them.

• So he's created a fantasy where Peterborough have gone up this year, and are doing so well in the league above that Toney suddenly scores 20 goals up in the championship!

And doesn't want to see his value "drop back down" to 3-4m now?

The guy is a comedy genius.

• Phil Parkinson seems to be suggesting we forget about the season we've already had and have like an 8 team mini tournament to decide who goes up

The desperation of these fools is utterly embarrassing. Meanwhile we should just keep our dignity and rise above it all. Ainsworth is worth a hundred Phil Parkinsons

• The Bolton one is just silly, not that the rest of the points aren't, you can't re-judge them almost a year later to say some wins against them were worth less than 3 points.

• Should we weight it so that anyone who beat us on a Tuesday night after a Saturday without Charles and Bayo and Blooms only get 2 points?

• @eric_plant said:
    Phil Parkinson seems to be suggesting we forget about the season we've already had and have like an 8 team mini tournament to decide who goes up

The desperation of these fools is utterly embarrassing. Meanwhile we should just keep our dignity and rise above it all. Ainsworth is worth a hundred Phil Parkinsons

I desperately hope that the league don't pander to this idea, but the suggestions of needing "innovative" approaches and fears of impending lawsuits worries me that this is a distinct possibility.

• I'm sorry, but what a knob.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I see the delightful Posh chairman has now moved into the predictions game. His quote on PPG: ‘It’s wrong on so many levels. Wycombe would move above us on PPG but their game in hand is at Coventry who have lost three times all season. Who decides they would win that game?’.‘
    Well, Mr.McAnthony let’s turn the question around: Who decides they wouldn’t?

And what people aren't really saying is that if we win it by 19 goals we're back in the automatic promotion spot

• edited May 2020

The massive flaw in any extended playoffs plan is obviously there will then be some team who narrowly miss that out.

Meaning you extend it further, meaning you could just bloody play the whole thing out.

The whole point of play offs only, is minimising the games left and having a chance of sorting it without vast cost and issues.

If they pander to Sunderland and especially Ipswich, just because they're bigger name, richer outfits, it'll be an absolute disgrace

• The way things are I would rather not be promoted , a number of clubs appear to have a strong dislike for us for one reason or another. Promotion with ppg method will never be forgotten by the so called big teams in particular poxford , promotion on merit after a full season would feel so much better.

• @Malone said:
    The massive flaw in any extended playoffs plan is obviously there will then be some team who narrowly miss that out.

Meaning you extend it further, meaning you could just bloody play the whole thing out.

The whole point of play offs only, is minimising the games left and having a chance of sorting it without vast cost and issues.

If they pander to Sunderland and especially Ipswich, just because they're bigger name, richer outfits, it'll be an absolute disgrace

And surely it would then lead to suits from League Two sides who were just outside the play offs? The EFL simply can't let that happen.

• @OX66 said:
    The way things are I would rather not be promoted , a number of clubs appear to have a strong dislike for us for one reason or another. Promotion with ppg method will never be forgotten by the so called big teams in particular poxford , promotion on merit after a full season would feel so much better.

So we should just move out of the way so as not to upset some deluded fans who would have said the same if we went up in the normal way? They say the same about us now in L1. Set pieces are cheating, blah blah. Nobody goes up, we play it all out, or we'll take the PPG slot, why the hell not?

• @OX66 said:
    The way things are I would rather not be promoted , a number of clubs appear to have a strong dislike for us for one reason or another. Promotion with ppg method will never be forgotten by the so called big teams in particular poxford , promotion on merit after a full season would feel so much better.

It would, but there's absolutely no guarantee it would happen again though.
    We could say we'd say the same after the playoff final loss, but we were always a bigger fish in league 2 than we'll ever be in league 1.

If there's a chance of going up, we have to enjoy it. Most likely there will be some sort of playoffs, so we'd still go up on merit if we won.

• @Brownie said:

@Malone said:

And surely it would then lead to suits from League Two sides who were just outside the play offs? The EFL simply can't let that happen.

Port Vale's chairman said it was a tough decision to go along with the ending the season now agreement. They sit 1 point off the playoffs I believe.

But they've gone for what is best for all - not the selfish squabble most of league 1's playoff challengers are seemingly going for.

• It would be so hilarious if us or Doncaster won an eight team tournament, though.

I think the fairest is four team playoff, if possible.

The Peterborough chairman is verging on the obscene. I am half expecting him to say Wycombe started the pandemic, the way he is carrying on.

• But they “will have a blockbuster of a (Legal) case.”

Give me a ‘C’ Bob...