Skip to content

PPG Applied in France

Comments

• Latest government statement says football recommencing in June should “ensure finances from the game's resumption supports the wider football family". Is there any chance behind closed doors games will be funded by the Premier league throughout the EFL? That would surely be amazing if it happened!

• @wwfcblue said:
    The statement and the clubs involved leads me to believe we are heading for promotion on straight PPG.

We don’t deserve promotion and neither do any other teams in our League until 44 or 47 games have been played.

The season should be cancelled and a new season started when it is safe to do so

Do we deserve it any less than a team who had played 35 games in the championship and lost most of them?

• edited May 2020

@StrongestTeam said:

@wwfcblue said:
    The statement and the clubs involved leads me to believe we are heading for promotion on straight PPG.

We don’t deserve promotion and neither do any other teams in our League until 44 or 47 games have been played.

The season should be cancelled and a new season started when it is safe to do so

Do we deserve it any less than a team who had played 35 games in the championship and lost most of them?

Exactly. And do the bottom premier league clubs league clubs deserve another season on the gravy train over the top 3 in the championship.

Why would the EFL as a whole forfeit even 1/3 of its main prize let alone all of the spots ?

With next season also likely to be interrupted, any clubs except those in the relegation zone voting for null and void over a version of standings could easily be shooting themselves in the foot next season over their spite this season

• The big meeting starts at 9.30am so let's see what comes of it.

Unless it's all been decided and they're just telling clubs how it'll work, it does seem odd that Oxford insider would be passing anything concrete on.
    Although would explain that desperate gang of 6.

• edited May 2020

It doesn't sound like anyone's expecting a decision today, but we should have a better idea of when we'll get one.

• Gareth has just been on BBC 5 Live and said Wycombe are ready for whatever is decided.

• The Peterborough chairman is on The Football Show with Gary Neville, currently on Sky Sports.

• @Malone said:
    The big meeting starts at 9.30am so let's see what comes of it.

Unless it's all been decided and they're just telling clubs how it'll work, it does seem odd that Oxford insider would be passing anything concrete on.

I've heard other positive noises from another L1 club but nothing as concrete as Jonny. Fingers crossed!

• So the Peterborough chairman has just said ‘if teams can’t afford to come back, they can just forfeit their games’ - wow! What a selfish attitude.

• @Username said:

@Malone said:
    The big meeting starts at 9.30am so let's see what comes of it.

I've heard other positive noises from another L1 club but nothing as concrete as Jonny. Fingers crossed!

Just hope it wasn't a form of gallows humour from the Oxford contact and is based on how it's been going.
    Would be a strange change as the last leaks seemed to suggest playoffs.

• He said that Rob is ‘on the fence’ but he acknowledged that Rob has said he would be happy if the season ended with no promotions or relegations.

• edited May 2020

I don't really want to go up like this, but I really really really want Darragh McAnthony and his little gang including the PNLs and those idiots in charge at Sunderland to be pissed off, so whichever outcome ensures that would be great.

Either that, or they go down the home/away PPG route but introduce a new stadium requirement, effective immediately, that all stadia have to have 4 stands

• @Gary said:
    So the Peterborough chairman has just said ‘if teams can’t afford to come back, they can just forfeit their games’ - wow! What a selfish attitude.

He's just an absolute selfish gobshte of a bloke.
    Imagine having a chairman like it!

• @Gary said:
    So the Peterborough chairman has just said ‘if teams can’t afford to come back, they can just forfeit their games’ - wow! What a selfish attitude.

He's a horrible excuse for a person, he's on his way out at posh with the money there being from Americans , sounds very much like this is bonus or pay out related , they overspent on players they'll have trouble shifting now for the same value.

• He seems to love mentioning how early it is in Florida. So? It's an hour earlier where Rob is.

• Got a feeling this is not going to end well.

• @Gary That is staggering. Did McAnthony somehow manage to weave in the words "sporting integrity", too?

• @yorkyblue said:
    Got a feeling this is not going to end well.

The worst that can happen ( in footballing terms) is that when football restarts, we play another season in League One.

• @Stewie63 POTY.

And there will be no such posts on the forums of the "Big 6". Maybe they'll form a breakaway league.

• @Gary said:

Did he actually put it that bluntly?

• @Username said:

@Gary said:

Did he actually put it that bluntly?

Yes. I’m trying to find the video, I suspect it’ll be on catch-up later. It was in answer to a question around whether the teams that wanted to play could have a mini league featuring just themselves.

• Does he realise the irony of screaming integrity then playing a mini tournament?

• Just checked the guide - there is an hour long repeat (condensed from two hours) at 4pm on SSN.

• Some of these football club owners are complete morons aren't they?

• @Gary said:
    He said that Rob is ‘on the fence’ but he acknowledged that Rob has said he would be happy if the season ended with no promotions or relegations.

Rob Couhig is at The Kassam?! I thought he was in New Orleans

• @Gary said:

Would he say that if we were level on points with Posh and Accrington forfeited their last game against us and his mob only drew!

• @bluntphil said:

@Gary said:
    He said that Rob is ‘on the fence’ but he acknowledged that Rob has said he would be happy if the season ended with no promotions or relegations.

So similar

• So another week without a decision makes the end of the season more likely.

• @bluntphil said:

@Gary said:

I hear that Diving Danny’s penalty from 2014 (?) is due to land back on Earth today, so that’s probably why.