Skip to content

The You Choose Cup - 2nd Semi Final: Sheffield Wednesday v Nottingham Forest

After squeaking by Fulham by a half vote, can Forest cause the upset of the tournament, and prevent a Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday final?

Poll not found

Comments

• Well this is a shocker! I had no idea Forest were this popular.

• There’s only one Martin O’Neill.

• Forest are a nice club, with that O'Neill connection, but after they barely scraped by Fulham, and with all the noise about Sheffield Wednesday (whi comfortably beat what seemed to be a popular Grimsby side), this tie seemed to have a clear favourite the other way.

I don't know if it's because of my Panini 86 album, but these two clubs both seem to belong in the top flight to me. It is quite incredible how long they have both been gone!

• I wonder if people have Sheff Wed fatigue now, after being much hyped early tournament favourites.

• Losing on a Wednesday, too - the final insult.

• @OxfordBlue said:
      I wonder if people have Sheff Wed fatigue now, after being much hyped early tournament favourites.

I get it if you were there but it's definitely a bit cringe for others now as people have pointed out. Nottingham is a good place for a visit, have some work links there and can't even start to imagine how much County fans would hate us playing Forest in the same division.

• And there was me thinking Forest won because @Wendoverman has 26 alternate usernames...

• @Shev said:
      And there was me thinking Forest won because @Wendoverman has 26 alternate usernames...

Only 25 now as his Richie one got banned!

• Nottingham is a great night out !

• @OxfordBlue said:
      I wonder if people have Sheff Wed fatigue now, after being much hyped early tournament favourites.

Obviously those of us who didn't go to Sheff Wed away could never understand the love from that day, but to some of us it seems a pretty tenuous link.
      Whereas Forest are a grand old club with a real link with our current, but under serious threat from Gareth, best ever manager.

• Forest were very gracious in playing the inaugural match at AP.

I think Wednesday had a good run as we all like to be liked, but Forest have more ties with the Wanderers.

• I’m perfectly happy with Forest going through. I have some happy memories of Nottingham.

• Nottingham is a bloody fantastic sporting city too. Can't think of anywhere else that has a cricket ground and two football stadiums within half a mile of each other, with a walk across the Trent thrown in too.

• I am calling this early, as there would need to be 5 total votes higher than any specific round so far, all going to Sheffield Wednesday, for them to win. I am going to get the final started early instead.