Skip to content

The You Choose Cup - Group J

After the second tier win the 7th out of 9 groups, can the lower tiers strike back? Reading are somewhat local, but are they too bland for sympathy? Does Coventry's homelessness or famous cup win elicit any compassion, or does their status as a bogey team seal their doom? Do Bradford or Oldham win for both the fourth tier and the north?

Poll not found

Comments

• yeh well reading are just knobs, coventry you feel sorry for after all they've suffered but they've always been dull and micky quinn's blatant handball was a sickener. oldham's a windswept hellhole where everyone has a bag of chips on their shoulder..and bradford have a nice looking kit so they get my vote

• Two non descript northern boys.
      Cov we always lose to

Reading disliked by a lot (though not me especially).
      Going to be an interesting one

• As someone who lives in Reading, the club is both bland and offensively self-entitled at the same time.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
      As someone who lives in Reading, the club is both bland and offensively self-entitled at the same time.

Only ever went to the old ground, and what a dump that was, seem to be very much a "we were in the Prem you know" type shuffling managers and wasting £"

Think I'll go for Oldham based on not much at all, none of this lot should trouble the later rounds.

• I only went to Reading's old ground once.

My one memory is me and my uncle having a seat in the main stand and ludicrously we had to walk past the manager..that's on the grass by the side of the pitch, past where the manager stood, temporarily blocking his view, to get into our row.

Imagine the idea of doing that these days!

• Lived in and around Coventry through most of the 80s. Had some memorable days at Highfield Road, most notably in 1985. Coventry had to win their last 3 games of the season to finish above Norwich (who had completed their season). Cov beat Stoke and Luton and then thrashed newly crowned champions Everton 4-1, to stay up - 2 weeks after the season had finished. Cyrille Regis scoring two of the goals and Terry Gibson on the scoresheet as well.

• Was very tempted by the Miguel De Souza inspired demolitions of Bradford but went for Oldham instead.

In my younger years an Oldham season ticket holder I worked with never missed a game despite living down south. I'd travel up with him for some midweek matches in an era when Oldham were a top flight team. Met the manager Joe Royle a few times and was struck by the general friendliness around the place.

Never ever had a good trip to the Mad Stad.

• I forget Reading even have a team they're such a non-entity. Bradford though is one of my favourite away days, every single time. Nearly always end up drinking and chatting with Bradford fans afterwards. And I still remember them coming to Adams Park in fancy dress for their last away game of one season, going absolutely limbs whenever one of the kids scored in the half time penalties, and doing a cheerful conga round the stand throughout the game which continued down Hillbottom Road afterwards.

• I for one love @drcongo using "limbs".

Though i fear limbs is the new "scenes" (which was the new "incredible scenes" and when the in crowd get wind of us using it limbs will fade into scenes-dom

• haha, it's not that long ago that I had to ask what it meant.

• Was Oldham the site of the Borat inspired mankini? I remember it being one of the cold, Northern grounds.

• Ah I think it was Bury.

• I also went for Bradford. For no better reason than @Cretinho in that I like their kit better than the others.

• Oldham is full of Wycombe fans, so gets the vote for me

• Oldham fans were not so graceful when we lifted the San Am Cup in Ibiza !!

• @Chris said:
      Was Oldham the site of the Borat inspired mankini? I remember it being one of the cold, Northern grounds.

Twas definitely Bury. I traveled there & back on my motorcycle. Remember the journey back being a mixture of joy & terror as the sidewinds on the M6 were horrific.

• I went for Bradford due to my best mate spending a year there in 88/89. Some beery nights and damn fine back street curries.

• Bradford take the group in impressive fashion, striking another blow for the lower tiers, while none of the others were embarrassed.