Skip to content

The You Choose Cup - Group E

Another group with two second tier clubs. Can Shrewsbury or Swindon get the lower tiers on the board?

Poll not found

Comments

• A real group of mmmm for me. No real love for any of these so I'll have a think.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
      A real group of mmmm for me. No real love for any of these so I'll have a think.

Likewise.

I’m going for Birmingham as I have very fond memories of M’oN’s tactical masterclass at St Andrews.

I went up on the coach that day and recall a really intimidating and menacing atmosphere. It really felt like we were amongst the ‘big boys’ at last.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
      A real group of mmmm for me. No real love for any of these so I'll have a think.

Ditto

• Shrewsbury.
      Just because they're fairly inoffensive.

• Birmingham from the Barry Fry revolving door crazy times, remember other managers looking at players letting them buy them instead so they could buy them on the cheap 2 months later.

• Shrewsbury bottom of the list for me - their bitterness about the goal in 2011, and the DVD of the JPT game. Nice town though.

I’m going Stoke, for no particular reason other than disliking them the least.

• edited April 2020

Maybe I should have voted tactically for Birmingham.

• Stoke fans were very similar to Sunderland when they were down in the 3rd tier many years ago - that sense of big club entitlement, plus we never seemed to beat them.

Swindon for me as I have a friend who supports them and also lives in Oxford like me, so we share a bit of behind-enemy-lines camaraderie. Bit of a financial basket case of a club but otherwise inoffensive.

• Agreed. Their fans seemed particularly infuriated when we went there with Jones up front for a 0-0 once. And I remember their fans being particularly rabid at our place. When we used to unwisely put them where our family stand now is.

Perhaps second to only Millwall for unpleasantness.

• Shrewsbury finally break the Championship stranglehold with a fine win. Though this group garnered the least overall votes, Shrewsbury win with the third highest percentage of votes so far.