Skip to content

Chairboys Pub Quiz

edited April 2020 in Football

Hello,

I hope you are all keeping well.

Who's up for a Chairboys themed pub quiz this Saturday? I'll host it live on YouTube (if I can get my head round the tech) and hopefully it can be some fun Wycombe related nonsense to pass some time. I'll try and make the questions varied so all ages can take part...

Thinking 8pm kick off and about 40 questions.

Cheers,
Phil

Poll not found

Comments

• Sounds great idea Phil - chance to show how much or how little we can remember and recall.

• Can't say my diary is exactly full of alternative events Phil?

• I’m in! I’ll have my home shirt on, and pencil at the ready.

• I'm up for it, so long as we don't actually have to show our answers, because that might reveal just how much some of us have forgotten.

• No showing of answers required - it's just for fun. The winner will receive my very best wishes.

• Is @ChasHarps allowed to play? Or shall the rest of us Just play for second place?

• @bookertease said:
      Is @ChasHarps allowed to play? Or shall the rest of us Just play for second place?

My thoughts entirely. My memory is poor as it is, allowing the encyclopaedic knowledge of @ChasHarps makes the competition pointless. Unless of course we split up into two teams, in which case I have first bagsy on @ChasHarps on my team! :-)

• Good idea Phil. I’m in.

• edited April 2020

• I'm in!

• Will it be like Big Fat Quiz of the Year? Will the local primary school be acting out Ainsworth’s hand of God goal from 10 years ago (albeit 2m apart!)? Will you have Ballroom Bill asking a question live on air?

• Eh? What do you mean it's Friday today. Ah. We go again.

• Dammit. I just got settled in too.

• In a nod to Adams Park tradition, I might kick off at 8.03pm...

• @bluntphil said:
      In a nod to Adams Park tradition, I might kick off at 8.03pm...

If you have a break in the middle we'll all have to spend it queuing outside our toilets

• Looking forward to playing this, crisps at the ready (Pipers Jalapeno & Dill)

• @StrongestTeam said:

@bluntphil said:

If you have a break in the middle we'll all have to spend it queuing outside our toilets

I think I’ll leave 5 minutes early and get the rest of the family to sing “Is this a fire drill”

• Got a beer and a cadbury's creme egg in the fridge ready for kick off

Can't wait

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@bluntphil said:

I think I’ll leave 5 minutes early and get the rest of the family to sing “Is this a fire drill”

But maybe spend 45 minutes in the hallway

• I'm going to Q in the kitchen if there is a half-time for 25 minutes, (so I can recreate the real WWFC experience), likely to miss the next 10 questions.

• That was an absolutely superb effort from @bluntphil tonight, with some fiendishly difficult questions too. Head really hurts after that!

• Plenty of nods to gasroom discussion threads and in-jokes past and present. The Joma kit question was a gem. I recovered really well 2nd half, delighted with my improvement until everyone else seemed to be saying they’d also done much better!

Massive thanks to @bluntphil for this.

• Happy with a score of 34. Many of the later questions on more recent history helped me. Really hope there is another edition next week. Thanks @bluntphil

• Cheers all. If you missed it, then it can be replayed here:

• Didn't do well myself, I hear rebellion affects memory...? Either way a superb effort from @bluntphil so a tip of the hat to you sir. Was great fun and even my missus joined in at the end and helped me with the playoff final pen takers! Great job Phil and thank you.

• edited April 2020

Great stuff Phil! Genuinely made my day, some excellent questions in the quiz. Seeing as the winner didn't get more than 70% of the points on offer, it really was a stiff test for even the most knowledgeable WWFC anorak.

• Was @ChasHarps involved though?