Skip to content

Board update Wed 8th April

edited April 2020 in Football

Comments

• Help! Can’t find it.

• Not getting anything either currently.

• In now:

• @micra Not sure if that will help you.

• I’ll try . Thanks @Cyclops (Nearly put cycle clips).

• Great comment from Rob about NOT playing behind closed doors. Totally agree

• How do we ask a question?

• What’s the deal with WiFi? I don’t quite understand why that has gotten such high priority.

• Whatever you do, don't turn the comments on.

• @EwanHoosaami I think you need a YouTube channel/account, but you just add it under the stream basically.

• @chairboyscentral don't seem to have an option under the stream?

• @EwanHoosaami You should have an option for 'Live chat' and if you've not got an account it'll prompt you to make one.

• Gaz looks good with a beard.

• We are in safe hands.

• @drcongo said:
    What’s the deal with WiFi? I don’t quite understand why that has gotten such high priority.

Think all the IT, the media feeds, tills, card services etc were on their arse with no money having been about for a while, makes sense to do it well if you're doing it at all

• Interesting that both Gareth and Rob don't believe next season should be eaten into, to complete this season. I agree, but I know a fair few on here don't.

Good comments from both across the board though, and fair play to Matt C, not an easy shift when the chairman can't hear you and continually talks over you!!

• @drcongo said:
    Gaz looks good with a beard.

He's a dashing chap. Not many of us would look good with straggly hippy hair and beards!

• That was very impressive and reassuring, we're in great hands!

• Thanks everyone. I set up an account somehow and simply clicked on the video screenshot that @DJWYC14 and @Cyclops posted. Poor old Matt Cecil kept trying to comment but got scrambled each time and right at the end had to relay his comment via GA.
    As Vera and Rob have said, albeit seventy odd years apart, we’ll meet again. We know where but...........COYB.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@drcongo said:
    What’s the deal with WiFi? I don’t quite understand why that has gotten such high priority.

Think all the IT, the media feeds, tills, card services etc were on their arse with no money having been about for a while, makes sense to do it well if you're doing it at all

Presumably it would mean we could have contactless payments in the ground and bars. In fact, can you even pay by card the old fashioned way at the moment?

• edited April 2020

@chairboyscentral said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@drcongo said:

Presumably it would mean we could have contactless payments in the ground and bars. In fact, can you even pay by card the old fashioned way at the moment?

It got a bit better last couple of months, bit spotty I think. We've got to be ready to take a much money as people want to give as quickly we can on a matchday.

• One thought from all this. Should the Couhigs not have been given the option to take-over the club when they did, does anybody believe we could have survived the current sh!tstorm?

• @HomerLone said:
    One thought from all this. Should the Couhigs not have been given the option to take-over the club when they did, does anybody believe we could have survived the current sh!tstorm?

The simple answer is probably No.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Great comment from Rob about NOT playing behind closed doors. Totally agree

Better than voiding the season though. I just can't believe the Government will authorise any large gatherings before the end of June unless by some miracle daily deaths get down to single figures. Sorry for being so pessimistic.

• I would be interested in details of the stadium "build out" that he said would increase the capacity from the current 8,500 to 10,500

• @HomerLone said:
    One thought from all this. Should the Couhigs not have been given the option to take-over the club when they did, does anybody believe we could have survived the current sh!tstorm?

No

• The timing of the takeover may end up being a bigger win than promotion. Times are rough, but we look well set to survive - not many lower league fans will be feeling so confident, sadly.

• edited April 2020

@Vital said:
    I would be interested in details of the stadium "build out" that he said would increase the capacity from the current 8,500 to 10,500

I thought we could already fit 10,000 in, but were limited due to safety certificates around two things. The access being poor, and away fans acting up?

• edited April 2020

The access question will always be the real problem.

You might well be able to sweet talk Hilbottom road companies who don't currently allow parking there. You could get Verco to open up say 100 places in their carpark.

But any crowd over about 7,000 would still be a real trudge up that road, unless we can really get people onto park n ride and the bus network.

Giving people a reason to get there hours early, and stay hours later is a good thinking outside the box attempt to get round it though.

• Lots to be positive about there and good of the club to be transparent and communicative at such an odd time. I get the impression Matt is both brave and patient in equal measure involving Rob in something involving technology.

Some key points I took away:

• Most staff (including players) have been furloughed with the club topping them up to full pay
    • Pitch has been relayed
    • Gareth seems keen to sign Ofoborh/Smyth in the summer and/and bring in similar replacements
    • u23 should be in place for next season
    • there is an intention to implement stadium upgrades in the summer, including bringing aspects of the Chairboys Village into the stadium. Unclear how that would work but sounds intriguing