Skip to content

Mic'd up on BT Sport with Gareth Ainsworth

Interesting if short look at Ainsworth and the way the team is managed after the MK Dons defeat on the 1st Feb. Great to see more on the team spirit but these things in particular have stayed in my memory.

Gareth telling Sido he saw centre half as his position.

An agent call where the need for a dominant centre back was discussed.

Bayo's reappearance from his SuperBowl trip

The discussions around have better quality on the ball.

The video analyst being used as a reserve wing back in training so they could go 11 on 11

The one to one work with Paul Smyth

Well worth a watch if you get a chance

Comments

• anyone know how I can watch it? I can't find it on the BT sport app.

• Showing again tonight at 9pm on BTSport 1HD (although could be 10pm, but I think BT Channel guide might be confused by the clocks going back?).
    BT Sports Films is showing "Greavsie" on demand too so I know what I'll be doing later.

• Nice one thanks

• Quite a good watch. I was also surprised slightly by the centre back thing. I suppose they were looking for additional cover for games when Charles was unavailable.

• @Glenactico said:
    Quite a good watch. I was also surprised slightly by the centre back thing. I suppose they were looking for additional cover for games when Charles was unavailable.

Thing is this was filmed the Tuesday after the MK Dons game so the window was closed anyway. I took the discussion to be about free agents or next season. I'm sure I remember a comment about needing more height

• Sounds like Ainsworth reassuring Sido that although he had a shocker at full back he doesn't see him there so it doesn't matter too much, then looking for another centre back at the same time. Must be a good chance he moves on when we are back up running unless he's happy to be a squad player.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Sounds like Ainsworth reassuring Sido that although he had a shocker at full back he doesn't see him there so it doesn't matter too much, then looking for another centre back at the same time. Must be a good chance he moves on when we are back up running unless he's happy to be a squad player.

Sido was playing in place of Charles at MK so I assume centre back as I wasn't there. The programme was filmed after the transfer window closed so it's highly unlikely he was looking for a new player there and then.
    I thought the chat was good management for a valued player. I think you've taken your assumptions and added a personal view.

• Just watched and was enjoyable viewing.

Interesting insight into how big a role player's character and state of mind plays.

Watching the Russell Martin MK Don's one now & funny comment when analysing another team "they're not like Wycombe where you know exactly what you are getting"

• Ah Winkleman couldn't help sticking his oar in for some air time

• @Twizz said:
    BT Sports Films is showing "Greavsie" on demand too so I know what I'll be doing later.

"Greavsie" is well worth a watch, @Twizz. There is plenty of wonderful old footage of matches I have never seen before. I only saw him play towards the end of his career, when he had lost some pace after his bout of hepatitis. I hadn't appreciated just how quick he was before that. England's greatest ever striker, however you slice it.