Skip to content

Corona-19 Gasroom support group.

It just occurred to me, that given that the majority on here live in the Wycombe area, why don't we look out for each other? I am in a reasonably fortunate position of having enough of everything that we NEED. In some areas, I have more than enough. So, if I can help out a fellow gasroomer, then just shout.
Also, even if you no longer live in the region, I wouldn't mind betting that you may have an elderly parent/relative that does inhabit the region? I have 3 cars with ample fuel for my needs, so even if I can only offer a lift, then more than glad to do so.
Anyone else that can offer a bit of support feel free to join in.

Comments

• I’m in Buckingham so if anyone needs shopping or anything in the north message me.
    (The county is ours as the kids sing)

• Nice one. We live just north of Leighton Buzzard so just south of Milton Keynes. If you have someone in the area who needs help, just ask.

• I'm in Chesham. Anyone in the area needs anything, I'm here for you.

• I’m in Chinnor and happy to help anyone out.

• As there is little to no apparent need for help here, I was in Booker cash & carry the other day & managed to buy a 3Kg bag of pasta penne. I knew we didn't need it, but I purchased it with a view to donating it to the staff of the NHS at Wycombe General. I'm going down shortly to see if they have some kind of food bank. I will let you know how I got on, in case others wish to help out these people, whom many of us will need, if not now, I guarantee, will do at some stage in the future.

• I know this is a lovely idea but please only buy what you (or the friend/relative you are shopping for) actually need.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    As there is little to no apparent need for help here, I was in Booker cash & carry the other day & managed to buy a 3Kg bag of pasta penne. I knew we didn't need it, but I purchased it with a view to donating it to the staff of the NHS at Wycombe General. I'm going down shortly to see if they have some kind of food bank. I will let you know how I got on, in case others wish to help out these people, whom many of us will need, if not now, I guarantee, will do at some stage in the future.

I hadn’t posted to say what a great initiative I think this is as didn’t want to create unnecessary ‘noise’ on the thread, but don’t yet assume our fellow posters won’t need help.

Let’s keep this thread going until we get through the other side. The time will come when we’ll need to help each other.

• Yes, I think that the need for support isn't yet totally apparent. I'm feeling comfortable at present but with the situation and infection rates changing daily, well doubling really, I'm sure a different reality will dawn soon. Thank you for posting this thread.

• @Onlooker said:
    I know this is a lovely idea but please only buy what you (or the friend/relative you are shopping for) actually

Like I said @onlooker I bought it to give to the staff at Wycombe Hospital. They work poo hours and as has been reported, turn up to empty shelves. Another mate of mine also bought loo rolls, he didn't need them, but knew of an elderly woman near the back of the line to enter the shop had been trying for three days without success. When leaving, he found her and gave them to meant a lot to her and gave him a grat satisfaction.
    By the way, after some discussion, my 3kg of pasta penne apparently went to the staff on ward nine, so if any of you want to give, that's the location.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Like I said @onlooker I bought it to give to the staff at Wycombe Hospital. They work poo hours and as has been reported, turn up to empty shelves. Another mate of mine also bought loo rolls, he didn't need them

Bog roll, bread, milk and paracetamol please

• Daughter managed to get bog roll yesterday, milk I can help with, sorry, no paracetamol, been looking for a couple of weeks now. PM me with your address and I will drive round and drop them off.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    PM me with your address and I will drive round and drop them off.

It’s so kind of you to offer but if we are unsuccessful on our drive round the local shops today I have a friend in the next town who has messaged me to say he has spare. I must say I thought the restrictions would have begun to work by now. Thanks again.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    I’m in Chinnor and happy to help anyone out.

Also in Chinnor. and if anyone wants anything or just a chat about the Blues just shout

• @Onlooker said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    PM me with your address and I will drive round and drop them off.

It’s so kind of you to offer but if we are unsuccessful on our drive round the local shops today I have a friend in the next town who has messaged me to say he has spare. I must say I thought the restrictions would have begun to work by now. Thanks again.

No worries. Good luck.

• @Onlooker said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Like I said @onlooker I bought it to give to the staff at Wycombe Hospital. They work poo hours and as has been reported, turn up to empty shelves. Another mate of mine also bought loo rolls, he didn't need them

Bog roll, bread, milk and paracetamol please

I dropped you a pm. My messages seem to be delayed a day or so, so message back here if not received.

• Hi @Lloyd2084 I don’t seem to have received any pms. We managed to find all but paracetamol today and if one of us does come down with any symptoms I am sure someone in our network would drop a strip through the letter box. Thank you again @EwanHoosaami

• @Onlooker said:
    Hi @Lloyd2084 I don’t seem to have received any pms. We managed to find all but paracetamol today and if one of us does come down with any symptoms I am sure someone in our network would drop a strip through the letter box. Thank you again @EwanHoosaami

I can help with the paracetamol, I have a spare box of max strength flu type capsules with your name on them. Send me a message or mail me on [email protected]

• Love that email address @Lloyd2084 ?

• Acquired three boxes today, not by design, but family and friends bought them as they knew we had been looking. As such anyone need some, I'm your drug dealer for the minute. ?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Love that email address @Lloyd2084 ?

Me too!

I have a company called Bodger Beer but it’s more of a garage enterprise right now.

I have all the kit to brew 100l of commercial quality beer at a time, but the costs of getting my premises licensed and approved for food production wiped out any possible profit margin.

I’ve not brewed for a while actually and have the raw ingredients to probably make a few thousand litres. I just need to grab some propane.

I might do a couple of barrels in anticipation of a big Gasroom meet-up when we get through this.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

I can help with the paracetamol, I have a spare box of max strength flu type capsules with your name on them. Send me a message or mail me on [email protected]

@Lloyd2084 We are sorted now thank you so much for the offer