Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• He'll be a Premier League player by August.

• Or that.

• Can someone help an ex player in a time of need? Maybe the ex players association can assist?

• Goal for Matt McClure tonight as his Gloucester side win 2-1.

• Josh Umerah goes off injured after 10 mins, replaced by Tomi Adeloye who then provides the cross for Gozie Ugwu to send Ebbsfleet 1 up v Halifax.

• Absolutely mental that Dannie Bulman is still playing l league football.

He signed for Wycombe 3 years before I’d ever seen us play!

• When he was released by us, I'm sure he said something about he was so grateful for the opportunity to play league football, but very much in a style of "and won't again".

To then come back into the league, for a few teams and still be cutting it past 40 is sensational.

• Characteristically intelligent and thoughtful stuff from Max Kretzschmar and no surprise that he is involved with coaching younger players and has his own business in that area of activity but I didn’t know that he was at university. Can you be at university on a part-time basis?

• open Uni?

• Remembering my uni days, the whole thing felt pretty part time!

• Micra, most degree courses are available part time, I mentor engineering & electronics apprentices, many complete a day release degree after they have achieved HNC. In almost every case they are far superior to Uni degree graduates as they have a balance of theoretical and practical experience.

• Thanks guys and take care. I’ve been admonished by a lovely caring neighbour for going shopping at ASDA yesterday. My wife had also been popping down to the Co-op at Cosy Corner but we’re committed self-isolators from now on.

It’s hello from me to Angela, Geoff, Peter, Will, Martin, Nicola, Pauline, Sue, Jack, Ron, Dave, Phil, Valerie, Roy, Les and Barbara and anyone else in the Frank Adams stand that i may inexcusably have overlooked. Take great care y’all and I look forward to a great re-union in due course.

• Whoops. Wrong thread. Hope I can be excused because, unlike @Commoner, I haven’t a clue how to transfer this to the “Hello from the Frank Adams” thread. Sorry.

• Former loanee Sam Parkin is referenced in the final episode of the excellent BBC comedy This Country.

• Craig Faulconbridge has resigned as manager of Hellenic league 1 East side Thame Rangers.

• One out, one in !! Stuart Nethercott is the new manager of Heybridge Swifts.

• Billy Knott leaves Chelmsford. Apparently highly rated there. 4-1 someone suggests signing him on the Faceache page.

• He’s Knott been without his problems I believe. I thought he was briefly outstanding when he was with us a good few years back and I remember being disappointed when he clearly fell out of favour.

• Just checked. ‘Twas 2013-14, 17 appearances. More recently than I thought and he’s still only 27. Source: Wikipedia.

• I was just thinking about Billy Knott the other day. Remember him scoring a good goal in the JPT against Bristol City.

• One of those who perhaps never made the most of his talent. Addiction problems if I recall.

A player not offered a new contract by a Nat South side doesn't look an obvious fit for a club who might be playing in championship next season!

• I was being tongue in cheek Dev, but I wouldn’t be surprised if his name did come up in the same way we saw for many years with the likes of Scott Donnelly, Dave Tarpey etc.

@micra My memory of Knott is he started brilliantly, but then faded as the season went on and we were sucked further into a relegation scrap. Great going forward, but not sure he was an ‘Ainsworth player’.

Great news if he has indeed overcome personal issues and all power to him. Can’t see him ever getting back into the pro game, but at 27 he could have a decent career at the top end of the non league game.

• My memory of Knott is him scoring the opening goal and knee-sliding on the sodden Fratton Park turf in the biblical storm game that was abandoned... and I can't believe that was nearly seven years ago.

• My memory of Knott is scoring an exquisite chip to make it 3-0 away at Plymouth. The rivalry hadn't really got going then so probably of more significance to me than to many others. Honestly he doesnt look likely to have a decent career at the top end of the non league game if he has just not been offered a new contract by Chelmsford