Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers Women

Comments

• Sense prevails at last IMHO.

• Confirmation from the FA today that this season's SRWFL results, covering the Chairgirls, Senior and Development, have been expunged.

"The FA, FA Women’s Board members and the Women’s Football Conference have consulted and reached a consensus regarding the women’s football pyramid.

The FA and the leagues within tiers three to seven have reached a consensus to bring the season to an immediate end and all results will be expunged. This will mean no promotion or relegation of clubs between tiers three to seven. Agreement has also been reached to end the Regional Talent Clubs season, which was due to conclude in April 2020.

We remain in consultation with the Barclays FA Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship Board and clubs regarding the most appropriate way to complete the current season, including for the Barclays FA Women’s Super League Academy."

• I feel sorry for the Development team in reaching the B&B Junior Cup SF, they were hot favourites to reach the final.

The Seniors, of course, had reached the Chairman's Cup final. The league could play it at the start of next season, I'm not sure it would feel right if they did.

• Would be good to get a Crowdfunder going for the women’s team for next season and give them a bit of help

• @peterparrotface, I would like to think that some of the extra Championship money coming our way, can go to the Chairgirls to help their development. It wouldn't take much.

They also need to play at a better ground, with proper facilities for spectators. Now that Reading Women have left, a few games at Adams Park is surely a reasonable request.

• @Steve_Peart, is it true do you know - as I've been told - that the ladies team actually pay to play rather than at least have their costs for pitch hire and kit sponsored?
    If so, surely that's something that WWFC should be looking to rectify if they truly have FAWNL aspirations for the ladies team.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    @peterparrotface, I would like to think that some of the extra Championship money coming our way, can go to the Chairgirls to help their development. It wouldn't take much.

They also need to play at a better ground, with proper facilities for spectators. Now that Reading Women have left, a few games at Adams Park is surely a reasonable request.

Well maybe but that's out of our hands - I suppose the kit already has a sponsor otherwise we could have "Gasroom.co.uk" on the front?

• One of the players was in the Facebook group asking for personal sponsorship a few days ago. I guess that would involve petrol money and boot money.

• They have been paying themselves, the £120 to hire the pitch for home games. They also have petrol money to pay for some quite long trips, not sure if they get re-imbursed for that. They had a new kit supplied last season, I assume donated by WWFC. Pearson Insurance, a Thame broker, are their sponsors. I don't know what they contribute financially. They did win some not insignificant FA Cup prize money last season.

As far as I can see the club, with three teams, is run on an amateur basis. That may have to change if they want to get promoted to the FAWNL. It would be good to get a statement of direction from Head Coach Dave Ward, or Dave Roberton, the Trust Director responsible for them. Perhaps a piece on the Web site.

• Thanks for the posts, Steve.> @peterparrotface said:

@Steve_Peart said:
    @peterparrotface, I would like to think that some of the extra Championship money coming our way, can go to the Chairgirls to help their development. It wouldn't take much.

Well maybe but that's out of our hands - I suppose the kit already has a sponsor otherwise we could have "Gasroom.co.uk" on the front?

"Gasroom.org" would be my preference.

• @HCblue said:
    Thanks for the posts, Steve.> @peterparrotface said:

@Steve_Peart said:

"Gasroom.org" would be my preference.

We’ll have a poll to decide

• You can watch a live stream of the Chairgirls' first pre-season friendly, 2pm tomorrow at Sutton United Women.

• FT Sutton Utd 2-4 WW, Bisson (2), Pinker and Bagshaw. Chairgirls took a 3-0 lead, 3-2 at HT.

• Correction on scorers issued, Bisson, Pinker, Bagshaw (2).

• The Chairgirls have been drawn at home to close rivals Oxford City in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, which takes place on Sunday 6 September. Kick-off provisionally 2pm.

The winners will be at home to Hants side Eversley & California LFC in the Preliminary Round on 20 September.

• The Chairgirls lost 4-1 today in a home friendly to Ashford Town (Middx) Women. Caz Bisson gave Wycombe the lead, 1-1 at HT.

• The FA Cup starts today and the Chairgirls host Oxford City in the Extra Preliminary Round, behind closed doors. Kick-off is 2pm and they will be posting updates during the game on social media. The losers take home £75, winners £300.

• The third new player this season was announced last week, defender Steph Mobbs joins from Oxford United, previously with Oxford City.

• HT Wycombe 2-0 Oxford City. Goals on 20 (unnamed so far) and 39 (Pinker).

• FT in the FA Cup EPR, Wycombe 4-0 Oxford City. Bagshaw and Pinker with second half goals.

A good start to the season, the Chairgirls now face Eversley & California in the Preliminary Round at home on 20 September. The Hants side play in the Thames Valley Counties Division One, two levels below Wycombe.

• The Southern Region Premier League season is due to start on 4 October, although that is also FA Cup First Qualifying Round day. A PSF has been arranged at Walton Casuals on 27 September.

Manager Dave Ward told me that the club's ambition is to get promotion to the National League, but the Flackwell College pitch does not meet ground grading criteria for that level. Other local club's grounds are being considered, as is Adams Park. There will be additional costs at National League level, such as paying for three officials, and the requirement to produce a matchday programme and provide refreshments.

• @Steve_Peart so should we do a whip round yet or is there news from the club? Does the Trust still have someone on their board with responsibility for the women's team?

• @peterparrotface, Dave Roberton is still the Trust Director responsible. I would be very surprised if the Couhigs fail to see the potential of the Ladies club, and the mutual benefit to both clubs, and they don't help out financially.

• Another signing announced today, forward Rae Roberts. Previously with Denham United and QPR I believe.

• The Chairgirls take on Eversley & California in the FA Cup Preliminary Round tomorrow. Kick-off 2pm at Bucks College, Spring Lane, Flackwell Heath.

It is behind closed doors, the message from the club is "should you choose to come to the game, entry to the gate is prohibited!". I take that to mean that viewing is allowed from outside the cage.

The league season starts on 11 October at Abingdon United. No more fixtures have been announced yet.

The Development team start their Division One campaign at Abbey Rangers on 4 October. The U18s are currently playing Maidenhead at Lane End, in the Thames Valley U18s North.

• The club has confirmed that entry to the cage is prohibited for spectators, rather than the ground, so you can view from outside.

• FT FAC PR, Wycombe 2-1 Eversley & California.

The Chairgirls progress to the 1QR, to be played on Sunday 4 October. No match details yet. £360 to the winners today I think, I can't find this season's prize fund, but I believe it is the same as last season.

• edited September 2020

The Chairgirls have been drawn away to Comets WFC in the FA Cup First Qualifying Round draw. Match to be played on 4 October.

They are a Tier 6 side. In the previous round they beat Herne Bay at home, 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

This is how they describe themselves.

"The Comets are a talented, hilarious, competitive, social, forgetful, professional, old, young, committed, laid back, tuneful, tuneless, legendary, exceptional, energetic, effervescent, delectable, delightful, delicious, all-singing, all-dancing all rabble-rousing group of women footballers. The Comets Women's Football club plays in the Greater London Women's Football League, Division Two, and our home ground is Clapham Common. We even have a coach that looks a bit like a grumpy Tin Tin."